What Tyres?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Tyres?
Avons
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: T1-Rs.

Oh wait, this isn't 2010. lol People used to rave about them back in the day, but they're crap imo. Poor dry grip after they start wearing, terrible wet grip with 'snatchy' characteristics, and the wear rate is awful!! Only set of tyres I've ever bought new.....what a waste that was!

T1-R's optimum grip is right down at the wear markers so by the time they perform they won't last long.

Rainsport 2's are still the best tyres i've ever had, ran 50's on the GTI and grip was great, maybe a bit soft in the dry but I didn't have them long enough to check wear rates. In the wet though they instilled so much confidence.

I then went on to Hero Milanza HZ1's on my Speedlines and nearly died.

Now i'm on ZE912's and they're ok, but REALLY don't like major torkz. Even in the dry they're spinning up still, may be that they're cold, and camber won't help. I've not died yet though so yeah, they're ok.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hero milanza tyres are absolutely shocking, had a set on a previous car new and within a thousand miles the tread was starting to separate from the tyre, wasnt just my set either, took them back to the garage that fitted them for them to tell me that it happened all the time.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Rainsport IIs is what I fitted to the back of the MX5 and it instantly made the car grip so much more! So much so it made the car more boring to drive so I put them on the front instead!

Paying £9.60 per corner for fitting, they're going to replace my spare tyre with whichever one of the fronts is in best condition too.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Dunlop SP Sport Fastresponses all the way, I've done near 16,000 miles so far and I've got a good amount of life left, like I rekon I'd get 18k out of them which with my driving is quite impressive really.

The grip is beautifully predictable, they ARE a bit harsh in 50 profile, but it's the tradeoff for the excellent turn in, great feel through the steering wheel - if you get a chance, feel the sidewall of a Parada or T1R or Rainsport and then feel an SP Sport Fastresponse in the same profile - the difference is simply unreal, WAY thicker and just generally stiffer. I can't recommend them enough.

I also liked the Yokohama S.Drives, didn't last that long, but for the time I had them I thought they were brilliant.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: T1-Rs.

Oh wait, this isn't 2010. lol People used to rave about them back in the day, but they're crap imo. Poor dry grip after they start wearing, terrible wet grip with 'snatchy' characteristics, and the wear rate is awful!! Only set of tyres I've ever bought new.....what a waste that was!
IMO people only bought the T1-Rs because they stopped making the T1-S and the T1-S was a good tyre, I had a set and quite liked them for the price.

(05-03-2013, 10:19 PM)Ruan Wrote: I also liked the Yokohama S.Drives, didn't last that long, but for the time I had them I thought they were brilliant.
I liked the yoko a drives I had on my matiz, last set of tyres i bought for that car which considering id been destroying a pair of part worns every week before is saying something, the problem is going from shit tyres to something branded you dont know if theyre actually good or just an improvement on shit tyres.
Thanks given by:
I almost got the Fasresponses, but the Uniroyals were on special offer and I've had previous experience with them.

Car currently has Kumho's on, which are actually a very decent tyre. I've had them in the past and they seem to be a very soft profile, offering lots of dry grip and average wet grip. Trouble is, they have worn out quickly, which is what they did when I had them years ago too.

I think it's the Ecsta tyre or the KU31 (if there is any difference)
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
KU31's are a pretty good tyre tbh, I was choosing between them and the RS2's.

(06-03-2013, 10:05 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: IMO people only bought the T1-Rs because they stopped making the T1-S and the T1-S was a good tyre, I had a set and quite liked them for the price.

IMO people only bought them because of the tread pattern. No lie, the number of car forums where people chose them because of the tread pattern is ridiculous. They only think they're good too because they're comaparing them to whatever chinese brand pieces of shit were fitted to the standard wheels when they got the car off their nan.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Uniroyals just delivered Smile

I agree about the tread pattern thing. They were like a cheap version of Goodyear Eagle tyres which were fitted as-standard to a lot of sporty cars back in't day.

Having said that the tread pattern on the Rainsports is fairly similar!
Thanks given by: