306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What Tyres?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know there was a thread around here somewhere a while ago but I can't find it.

I need a new set of front tyres, just wondering what everyones' current opinions are?

The options I used to go for seem to have disappeared off the radar, the Goodyear Eagle F1 has been discontinued and I can't find any Uniroyal Rainsport II's anywhere either.

I've seen that Uniroyal now do a 'rainexpert' tyre instead, is this as good as the old Rainsports?

There's the Continental premium contact 5 but there are reviews online about poor wear rates? Not good for my driving style!
Michelin PE2. Average price, excellent grip wet and dry, and fantastic wear rate.
Still recommend Prada spec-2. Epic in the dry and IMO pretty good in the wet too as long as you drive to the conditions !
The cheaper the better mate.

The set iv got on were less than £100 quid for 4 from my garage thay are the cheapest of the cheap bit thay have took some abuse and never let me down even in the snow.

Tbh im supprised thay have lasted this long as i cant seem to find anything on the web about them but thay wer all i could afford at the time.

Am gettin some michelin next tho
Nankang

/thread
(04-03-2013, 10:58 AM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]Nankang

/thread

lmao yeah if you want to understeer into a tree?
We need a troll smiley haha
i had rainsport 2's on my old hdi were excellent in wet and dry weren't to bad either this is were i got them from

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p0/Car..._195_50R15

£35.20 a tyre at min was cheaper when i bought em before.
Yeah Michelin pilot exiges ftw
But 50 profiles are a bit too small aren't they? A 306 needs 55s? Which I can't find in Rainsport 2s Sad

Looking at Dunlop SP Fast Response now, just trying to find a cheap price. Anyone got a bad word to say about them?
I thought everyone ran 50s?
Hmm

The saving is massive and there seems to be more choice on 50s too. Won't it look odd though, especially where I have 55s on the back?

Rainsports are appealing right now... as is the near-£50 saving.
(04-03-2013, 11:48 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]But 50 profiles are a bit too small aren't they? A 306 needs 55s? Which I can't find in Rainsport 2s Sad

Looking at Dunlop SP Fast Response now, just trying to find a cheap price. Anyone got a bad word to say about them?

i used to run 50 profiles mainly cos there cheap, but there better than 55's as there less profile so less tyre to squash in the corners if you get what i mean lol
Should be alright if the 55s are on the back but I'm no expert.

50 profiles look spot on IMO
[Image: zuma9aqe.jpg]

[Image: py9ybevu.jpg]

Not the best pictures, couldn't find a proper side on shot on my phone!
50s look fine on a lowered 306 but if its stock it does look silly.
I will be lowering it in due course anyway.

One thing someone on Pistonheads has mentioned is whether the ABS module will get upset with having 50s on the front and 55s on the back?
Its abs not 4wd lol it will be fine...
For the saving over 55's just put 50's on all round? Then keep the 55's as spares. Or run them on the front, guarantee only you and only the most adenoidal will notice.

I also think 50's look better than 55's, especially on a lowered car.
Had 50's on my old car, was ok but this one came with 55's on and with it lowered they fill out the arches well I think and look better than the 50's.
So uh...

Thought I would check my car just to see what was currently on it.

55s on the back..

Already rocking 50s on the front lol

So Rainsport IIs it is! 2 on their way now.
Rubber ones Wink
stay away from nankangs, uniroyals rain sports, toyos paradas, sunny (unless you really want to die)
Muchies FTW !!! XD or parada spec 2 wicked wheels
Actually after hearing all the hype about Michelin Pilot Exalto 2s I'm not particularly impressed with them, they're alright but they are unpredictable, sometimes they turn in so sharp it scares me and I have to let off the steering angle a little and sometimes they understeer horribly.

My personal vote (for something affordable) is still the Falken ZE912
Agreed ^^^
bought two rain experts for 70 delivered in jan and they have been brilliant, really feel how much better than the old cheap ones and are always planted in the wet unlike the rear nankang and ceat!
im a big fan of kumho tyres, there higher range stuff is brilliant. never had them on a 306 though, but on the fiat coupe they were awesome in wet and dry
snow tyres

/canofworms
Bought some Michelin PS3's the other month. Yeah they were reasonably expensive, £215 for a pair of 205/40/16's but MY GOD are they good! I thought that my Eagle F1's were good but these are in another league. Just hope they last a long time at that price Big Grin
T1-Rs.

Oh wait, this isn't 2010. lol People used to rave about them back in the day, but they're crap imo. Poor dry grip after they start wearing, terrible wet grip with 'snatchy' characteristics, and the wear rate is awful!! Only set of tyres I've ever bought new.....what a waste that was!
Pages: 1 2