S16 flat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S16 flat
That the solenoid in the pic you put up above?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate. i got a brand new one from pug about a year ago was about £20

part number 16 electro valve
Thanks given by:
Ideal cheers. That's on gearbox side under the vacuum pump?

I need to get on the computer to hand some Rep out Smile
Thanks given by:
yes mate.
Thanks given by:
Cool. Will report back tomorrow night with how I get on
Thanks given by:
The actuators should be open at idle, then close as soon as you increase the revs off idle, then re open at 5500 or so....

I've driven S16s before and they do seem to have a rush at the top end at about 5000-5500rpm...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 06:50 PM)Ruan Wrote: The actuators should be open at idle, then close as soon as you increase the revs off idle, then re open at 5500 or so....

I've driven S16s before and they do seem to have a rush at the top end at about 5000-5500rpm...

Cheers. Yeah when I first had it it seemed to find some extra power at 5500rpm seemed a bit like French V tech lol. But now it's seems flat till about 4k and then goes.
Thanks given by:
Electro valve!! Swap the pipes over see if the flat spot moves, if its dead before 4k but comes alive after 5k, and you swap the pipes over on the electro valve, then it's alive before 4k but dead after 5k then the valve is dead!

Sure I answered this the other day!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well I went and had a look at my spare engine and both diaphragms have had the nipples snapped off and someone has tried to sort it by cable tying the pipes on but I don't think that will work. So I'm going to try and sort something out. I duno if anyone does such a think as a screw in nipple. Will ask the car parts people tomorrow.

I need to make sure the diaphragms are ok and then I will see about swapping pipes over on the electro valve
Thanks given by:
Just superglue it back on bud!! One of mines been like that for over a year!
Thanks given by:
My mistake was after snapping it I tried to get the nipple out the pipe but it just kept breaking and I want to replace the pipes anyway as they have gone very hard
Thanks given by:
Replace the pipes with silicone vacuume hose

Looks so much better and wont go hard like the standard stuff

My nipples were also glued on, and then built up with putty stuff around them to protect / strengthen the area, last 6 years that way and nearly 70k
Thanks given by:
One of my nipples has a hole in it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was going to try and get some silicone pipe. Do you know what size I need? Looks look either 3 or 4 mm
Thanks given by:
Failry sure I used 3mm

Failry sure I used 3mm

Failry sure I used 3mm
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 09:53 AM)swampy Wrote: Failry sure I used 3mm

Failry sure I used 3mm

Failry sure I used 3mm

I guess he used 3mm! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 01:55 PM)Tom Wrote:
(30-01-2013, 09:53 AM)swampy Wrote: Failry sure I used 3mm

Failry sure I used 3mm

Failry sure I used 3mm

I guess he used 3mm! Wink

Sounds like a fair chance lol
Thanks given by:
Bloody iphone
Thanks given by:
Well thanks for the help guys. I think it's working ok now. I fixed a diaphragm with some brake pipe as a nipple and then fix the surround with sticky flex. Professional fix if I do say so myself lol. I changed the pipe as well with some I found at work till some silicone hose turns up that I ordered.
Thanks given by:
Does this look like I sorted the flat spots on my s16? Just wondered why there is a flat bit between 4000 and 5000rpm

[Image: 953DDF68-6E97-496F-9400-EEABF397868B-162...8614b4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nope looks like my first one did! Yours drops off just where it's supposed to kick in
Thanks given by:
didnt know you took the dt saturday mate Wink
Thanks given by:
Cool glad i got it all sorted now. Thanks for you help with some of my problems

(04-02-2013, 10:01 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: didnt know you took the dt saturday mate Wink

I wish my D turbo had that power but the torque is a bit low for a D turbo lol. It just show how clever the guys was lol
Thanks given by:
Ha ha I said no it don't look like its sorted lol! It goes well flat between 4and 5k should be coming alive then
Thanks given by:
Ah right sorry lol. Well before it was really flat up to 4k. It now seems fine driving it and really goes when it gets to like 5/5.5k. What did you do when yours was like mine is?
Thanks given by:
I Changed the electro valve bud! Did you swap the 2 pipes round on it to see if the flat spot moves like I said? Can't you feel that dead spot when driving it?
Thanks given by:
Ok i will try swapping the pipe over tomorrow. I didnt do it the other day cuz i fort it seemed ok. It feels ok, alot better than it was before i sorted the diaphragm. I got another electro valve i can try
Thanks given by:
The 2 pipes on the front of the valve just swap em round, ill bet it pull like fook from 3.7 to redline, but flat before
Thanks given by:
And if it does that it means the electro valve is no good?
Thanks given by:
You got it bud!
Thanks given by: