Project 16v #theLEMOAN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project 16v #theLEMOAN
(27-12-2016, 10:23 AM)allye Wrote: Why didn't you use engine enamel?

Hammerite does everything. FACT, brakes, body work, engine blocks, black shoe polish you name it, it does it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Jack of all trades, master of f*ck all.
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2016, 10:23 AM)allye Wrote: Why didn't you use engine enamel?

Used it before. Was awful stuff. Hammerite has been epic. Esp the spray on semi metalic that I have used on all the little parts. Looks epic, easy application and has stood test of time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What was supposed to be a productive late afternoon of little jobs to get ready for the engine in the bay...

That was after I had ground the cracks....

Welded them. Welded in a plate. Broke out the hammerite.

Slapped in the new mount. 

Here is to tomorrow.....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/iFERZQHiKNE

think I have ballsed up... can you see where... amongst all the bodgery?

...before you ask.... I have no engine crane... but I have will power and a little but very excitable brain. lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I love the ingenious way of getting the engine in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Looking great dude
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Rocker cover oil cap too high?
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2016, 08:57 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Rocker cover oil cap too high?

Yeah. 

I messed up asuming 206 and 306 mounts were the same. Gotta do it all again with a 306 mount. Hey ho. 

Makes that video a bit rubbish. I'll save the mount...never know where the engine may end up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Things just got serious....

Ordered a bosch fuel and oil filter

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Engine looks like it's leaning towards the gearbox side?
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2017, 08:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Engine looks like it's leaning towards the gearbox side?

Yeah. Its cambelt end thats the issue.

My mistake. Confusion about 206/306 mounts
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good to see it in and on mount even if it is a little wrong first time around Big Grin

Keep cracking on dude ThumbsUp
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2017, 10:38 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Good to see it in and on mount even if it is a little wrong first time around Big Grin

Keep cracking on dude ThumbsUp

Thanks fella.

I need to tackle the subrame mount bolt this afternoon that snapped Undecided its not the big 18mm...that came half a turn and went all nasty...so i removed the two 13mm headed bolts instead...well I removed one. ONE. lol

The other came about 5mm out and then just snapped. Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Feel like steps arent always forward with this car... Engine in...but wrong mount... Hubs off but one has snapped bolts...subframe off but seized/broken cup...

Got arms built up at least

Bash is sorting me with a engine mount and heat exchanger hoses.
Toseland thinks he may have a subframe cup.
Ordered wheel bearing.
Alex "WK" is sorting manifold piping and more flanges.

Once those turn up.... Can get engine mounted right. Subframe and suspension all on. Then start building the manifold. 

Once turbo location is done. 

Then coolant anf boost piping needs to be done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Update:

New bearing in with new 4 stub hub. As opposed to the old 2 stud.

Update over.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Log manifold, really?
Thanks given by:
Scaffold tube?
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
dial tone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSdrnJwadcE
Thanks given by:
Seems a bit thick walled for a manifold doesn't it? Or just for mock up purposes?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yup.
Nope.
lol
Nope.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
scaff tube ftw

i'd be using steam pipe or thick walled pipe of some description if i were doing another turbo manifold.

so much more added strength.

log ftw!
Thanks given by:
This is seamless thick walled stuff. I want it strong as can be/longevity.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've been following this as I'm interested where you're gonna go with it but I have to but in... log manifold after all this hard work???? Please tell me it's a joke

Thanks given by:
(12-01-2017, 04:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: This is seamless thick walled stuff. I want it strong as can be/longevity.

ive never seen seamless break? only poor welds etc. If its purged it will never crack.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Right im gonna throw my 2p in now. Whats wrong with a log manifold? As long as its a good size it should be fine. Im yet to talk to piggy about his power "aims" however most atuff this will be fine for imo. If his really really gonna push it to within the last inch of its life then maybe it could be better. Ive seen some friggin quick cars on log manis

Thanks given by:
(12-01-2017, 06:23 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Right im gonna throw my 2p in now. Whats wrong with a log manifold? As long as its a good size it should be fine. Im yet to talk to piggy about his power "aims" however most atuff this will be fine for imo. If his really really gonna push it to within the last inch of its life then maybe it could be better. Ive seen some friggin quick cars on log manis

There's no doubt it'll work and make good power it's just not the most efficient way of doing things, but as said I don't know what piggy wants out of it or where he's going with it, turbos work off exhaust pulse which I'm sure you know, a tubular/collector style manifold will have very little turbulence maximising the energy given from the exhaust pulse, a log style manifold generally has a lot more turbulence which will cause the exhaust pulse to lose energy making the turbo spool slower and lose power top end, But if it works for what he wants it for then fair enough but if you're trying to get the very best out of it it's not the most efficient way of going about it Smile

Thanks given by:
A log manifold is the worst type of manifold for power.
I suppose with all the effort and attention to detail that's going into this I'd just expected the manifold to be done to the same standard.
Thanks given by: