• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project 16v #theLEMOAN
https://youtu.be/-S3_8Vn9Np8
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/9B4lt32_kGU
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Things just all a bit overwhelming recently so doing little bits at a time. Looking yummy though

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Shiny heads always look good.
Thanks given by:

So...I thought I bought a decent shell/motor for the new 16v lump. turns out to just be a lemon.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Eugh... There's a lemon in the way.
Thanks given by:
surely you check its not a lemon before parting with cash???
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2016, 09:40 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Eugh... There's a lemon in the way.

Yeah. it's saving you from seeing the real one.

(06-11-2016, 09:43 PM)welshpug Wrote: surely you check its not a lemon before parting with cash???

Long story. But thanks, as usual, for your positive and encouraging comment ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Be like me, buy cars that you know are shit at an appropriate price. Good old cars always turnout to be shit anyway so it helps to manage your expectations and will save you money.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Its still alright...just been nice not to have been lied to on almost every point.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2016, 11:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah. Its still alright...just been nice not to have been lied to on almost every point.

You were under this impression as soon as you saw the car though right?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2016, 09:44 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 09:43 PM)welshpug Wrote: surely you check its not a lemon before parting with cash???

Long story. But thanks, as usual, for your positive and encouraging comment ThumbsUp

We all love a good story, good or bad...
Thanks given by:
yeah, post good shit and I'll give praise Tongue
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 08:44 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 11:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah. Its still alright...just been nice not to have been lied to on almost every point.

You were under this impression as soon as you saw the car though right?

He dropped it off all in a hurry tbh...I was working, boss looking right over my shoulder. 
Plus i had been really really specific in messages and on the phone, questions and confirmations...he had been a stand up guy till that point so had no reason to believe he has just lied through his dirty cracked rotten teeth.

(07-11-2016, 12:17 PM)welshpug Wrote: yeah, post good shit and I'll give praise Tongue

Well not all our lives are as roesy as yours. 
Please don't swear in my project thread. ThumbsUp tah
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well nothing is unfixable, spesh with simple 306.

Chin up n all that, long as it isn't reported stolen you should be able to sort all else.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 04:08 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Well nothing is unfixable, spesh with simple 306.

Chin up n all that, long as it isn't reported stolen you should be able to sort all else.

As tom says, also providing it isn't rotted out and panel work is decent enough then anything mechanical is fixable.
Thanks given by:
so far we have seen a picture of a lemon and a rant about issues. Show us the car and whats wrong with it and then we can try to help. otherwise youre just rolling around feeling sad for yourself!
Thanks given by:
if shit was a swear word the forum would filter it :p
Thanks given by:
You going to explain any more what is actually up with it?
Thanks given by:
As said above, it isnt all THAT bad. Its more that all the reasons I went for it (and i've been waiting for the right one for a year) ended up not being true. So it will now likely be just a car for testing purpose for the next year.

Some of the "lemonitous":
"mint" interior..... Drivers seat ruined. Rear seats paint stainrd. Gear trim torn.
"never smoked in"...ash tray full. Roof lining black.
"mint" 4 tyres....one ruined as he drove here with 8psi in it. Two rears dangerous due to age/perished.
Other than two known issues , "paintwork very very good"...rear bumper bashed and cracked, front bumper similar. Laquer peel. Rear quarter painted slight different shade. Front wing rusty.
And the clincher for me... "A/C works spot on, ice cold in 2minutes"... A/C doesnt even kick in...now found a totally goosed condensor and a rather large (and very old) hole in the lower pipe.

It's guna be an experience that teaches me to trust absolutely no one. I often seem to get this. Break of trust, couple years building...ruined...repeat.

Please dont do the usual: its your own fault for not checking etc.
...Don't I know that. Very well. Yup. Should have.

Do i have only myself to blame? I'd argue that.

Heyho. Onwards n upwards.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
With respect, why hand over any cash at all if it had all of the aforementioned issues?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2016, 01:39 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: With respect, why hand over any cash at all if it had all of the aforementioned issues?

No respect needed.

See comments above in answer to the same question.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That doesn't really explain everything, I can only assume from your writing that someone delivered it and you didn't see it in person til then?

Which is why i asked the question, why hand over any cash? Granted your boss may have been there etc.. which would've made it a bit awkward.. but surely it'd be better to have an awkward convo than hand over £££ for something that's crap. If he was trying to be all quick about it, that would have just raised my suspicions more..

Or did you pay for it pre-delivery, without seeing the car in person?
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2016, 01:52 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: That doesn't really explain everything, I can only assume from your writing that someone delivered it and you didn't see it in person til then?

Which is why i asked the question, why hand over any cash? Granted your boss may have been there etc.. which would've made it a bit awkward.. but surely it'd be better to have an awkward convo than hand over £££ for something that's crap. If he was trying to be all quick about it, that would have just raised my suspicions more..

Or did you pay for it pre-delivery, without seeing the car in person?

Its not that, its poor Piggy trusting the guy after grilling him a shed load before agreeing to buy it.

Then finding the seller was lying on every point, and having no recourse.

Yes Caveat Emptor and all that, but sometimes our own good nature gets the better of us - aka expecting other people to act as we would.
Thanks given by:
Based on everything he had said, I had paid a deposit already.

Just to add: electrics all fine....passenger door C/Land window both dont work.

Also, he had the outside detailed so on inital look, it looked great. He was a "nice" guy in person too, partner was friendly etc. Had no reason to doubt him.

Will do in future. Have already done so with helping family in buying a new car...sellers beware, i'm now ruthless and rude if you have been a bit bent on truth!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
"Then finding the seller was lying on every point, and having no recourse."

But if it wasn't as described you either pay substantially less because he lied or don't put down any cash and look out for another. No one forced him to put money down. Which asks the question was it paid for pre-delivery meaning no recourse or post delivery where he just put down the cash because there was a car at his house and a man expecting cash

Yes, the seller is a massive cock for lying about it and it's not nice but unless you paid beforehand there's nothing forcing you to hand over a single penny until you're happy that it was as described.

If I bought a car online, I'd very specifically confirmed with the seller over writing in email or whatever about the condition then it turned up in a state/completely different to the description i wouldn't hand over anything and he could tow it home for all i care.

EDIT: You had already paid a deposit, so now it makes more sense. If the deposit was paid via paypal then they probably would've ruled in your favour if it wasn't 'as described'
Thanks given by:
tbh mate I dont think we need to dig any more. Youve bought a car essentially unseen. Its unfortunate that the guy wasnt honest but in the end youre the buyer and its your money. Any decent photos of it?
Thanks given by:
Sucks balls Piggy.
I was done the same on the 206 HDi Eco which turned out to be a rusted piece of shit on which nothing worked.
I'd spent £££ on going up to Glasgow the same day on public transport to go and get it as well as paying for one day insurance and it would have cost me about £300 to get home on the train so I just had to suck it up.
There was no point arguing about it or trying to seek compensation through the small claims court as all communication was done via the phone.
Thanks given by:
Yup pretty much.
I will be warning all 70 FB groups where the lad seems to be selling such "mint" cars to unassuming buys.
But otherwise...sucking it up.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Would you not just give the car back to him? There are certain protections the Uk offers to private sales, especially if you have messages backing up your questions, he sounds like a bit of a chancer! Confrontation is always better than rolling over and taking it
Thanks given by: