306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
Slowly. Driving it again after changing gearboxes. The hatch is going to be a winter project.
Now my only car as the Mrs is using the van (Saab shit itself).

How's the leg?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 10:31 PM)adam b Wrote: Slowly. Driving it again after changing gearboxes. The hatch is going to be a winter project.
Now my only car as the Mrs is using the van (Saab shit itself).

How's the leg?

still not back at work but have started driving  ,just trying to build back muscles up ,but needed to build workshop so can finish car and get it out on track day hopefully this year m8
Thanks given by:
man cave nearly complete except for a few job  , so will now crack on with car

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
finally got started back on car this evening , started to fit passenger side carbon fibre door , ready for final trim , then will paint and graphic car backup

also fitted too carbon fibre bonnet quick release fastener to front centre to stop bonnet lift at high speed

Thanks given by:
xmas has come early for car

Thanks given by:
Ooh jenveys! Heart naughty! Tongue

So whats the engine spec plan for this? should be something pretty special to match the car Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Very nice parts  Inlove
Thanks given by: twangy
Mm mm jenveys they make such a nice sound.
Need more engine bay pictures Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I've got that same Jenvey kit minus the trumpets, bolts, linkages, manifold and adapter. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2015, 06:54 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Ooh jenveys! Heart naughty! Tongue

So whats the engine spec plan for this? should be something pretty special to match the car Big Grin

will be putting cams in and pocketed pistons and a lot more mods
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2015, 12:09 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I've got that same Jenvey kit minus the trumpets, bolts, linkages, manifold and adapter. lmao

Rofl
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
new front mount fitted

Thanks given by:
Interested in seeing what you'll do with the alternator :-)
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
alternator already fitted  , just  cut of mounting bracket of old  aux mounting , job done

Thanks given by:
started on mocking up carbon induction   for throttle bodies   , all seems to fit and good clearance , so will make mould  then make in carbon fibre ,

Thanks given by:
I love that intake system, I always though that with this intake system, without some sort of cold air feed, its almost pointless, but you have it nailed down. Smile this car will sound as epic as it looks. Keep up the great work Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(10-10-2015, 09:37 AM)Janne L Wrote: Interested in seeing what you'll do with the alternator :-)

(11-10-2015, 09:00 AM)insomaniac45 Wrote: I love that intake system, I always though that with this intake system, without some sort of cold air feed, its almost pointless, but you have it nailed down. Smile this car will sound as epic as it looks. Keep up the great work Smile

thanks ,will keep updates coming with progress
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2015, 04:12 PM)twangy Wrote: alternator already fitted  , just  cut of mounting bracket of old  aux mounting , job done
Alternator mount from the donor engine? Danged it, I only have the top piece..
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=25490][attachment=25490]

Thanks given by:
euro1 engine loom now fitted as in above picture 1 and 2. and made carbon fibre bracket for coil pack pic 3.also fitted carbon fibre cam cover that I made a while back pic4, air box moulds now made and 1 half laid up , will lay up other half hopefully tomorrow , so can be fitted this week
Thanks given by:
Good work Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 10:31 PM)adam b Wrote: Good work Smile

cheers adam
Thanks given by:
As always, nice work with the CF.
Looking forward to seeing the end result.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2015, 07:36 AM)RetroPug Wrote: As always, nice work with the CF.
Looking forward to seeing the end result.

hopefully will have fitted by weekend m8
Thanks given by:
quick update off jenvey carboncentre section off air box , made and just final trimming needed then will start fitting to car

Thanks given by:
Looks absolutely epic mate

Much more todo ?

When's it's going out on track.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
h
(22-10-2015, 08:22 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks absolutely epic mate

Much more todo ?

When's it's going out on track.
hi sam hopefully  will get out on trackday this year but have loads more that I want to do to car so update will be added
Thanks given by:
first  time ive had chance to do anything on car this week  ,but managed to do a bit on  carbon air box  ,picture are not very good  , but its getting there

Thanks given by:
Thats gonna look so damn good! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: twangy
(27-10-2015, 08:10 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Thats gonna look so damn good! Big Grin

thanks matt , just want the car to be a little different from others , so am trying to come up with new ideas that can make or adapt
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,341 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,058 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,519 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L