Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
if this thing is worth that my estate with its current spec must be worth a fortune
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 08:57 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Yeah seems a fair price. Retro peugeots/Citroens are doing really strong money at the moment. I'd hope my 305 would be worth close to £2k when finished due to rarity condition and spec

With spec of the 305 I'd say 2k should be easily achievable

(11-02-2015, 09:14 PM)ash23 Wrote: if this thing is worth that my estate with its current spec must be worth a fortune

Nah estate can't be worth that much Wink I'll do you a favour and swap you? Tongue.lol

Thanks given by:
pfff ill give you 300 for the zx as a px deal lol
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 09:29 PM)ash23 Wrote: pfff ill give you 300 for the zx as a px deal lol

Hmmmmm tempting Wink

Think it will get broken for bits tbh see what happens this weekend tho if I like the car I'm looking at Smile

Thanks given by:
306 estate won't be worth as much not exactly uncommon. Zx's are becoming rare now, probably because most are rotten
Thanks given by:
true I suppose my estate is like all those on the road ehh
Thanks given by:
A 505 sold on eBay for 2 grand yesterday, should have bought the one I viewed last year for the 1k asking price, it was better spec, too.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd do a little update on this been a long time since I updated on here.

So It was pretty much run in to the ground over winter. Wasn't washed at all for months and months. Was covered in veg oil a right mess. So I started by getting some new tyres 4 new Michelns all round.

Few weeks later I moved house, had a couple of weeks off work so fitted the koni adjustable shocks, with -40mm lowering springs brand new top mounts and bearings. New arb links, new track rod ends, powerflex lower engine mount, new drivers side drive shaft. After all that got the tracking done really does handle very well now. Found some rust on sills after grinding back ended up with big holes both sides, got them all welded up and solid again.

Also at some point I de-filtered it, pulls alot better for that, and fitted a quick shift.

And after all that gave it a really good detail, so back up to its shiny self again all tho it's picked up a few deb
Dents its along the winter. 

This is how it sits now

[Image: DSC_0195_zpsjolodhw0.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0210_zpsgvj7oqy3.jpg]

So it's hardly getting used now days hardly doing any deliverys now, as 90% of the time I'm a manger. Only go on the road do I no delivery if I'm needed to.

Next thing will be getting it though it's mot in July.... After that I may look in to power mods again, I do have piggys old gt2056 again (bought it back again off some one else) I've rebuilt it but not happy with it because there's alot of play in it still even after the rebuild, so unsure what's happening with that at the moment.

Comments welcome Smile

[Image: DSC_0207_zpsmgkzexmu.jpg]

Thanks given by:
How much shaft play?

What condition was the shaft in when it was rebuilt? Did you buy bushings / bearings that were sized to the shaft or a generic rebuild kit?
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 08:33 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: How much shaft play?

What condition was the shaft in when it was rebuilt? Did you buy bushings / bearings that were sized to the shaft or a generic rebuild kit?

Shaft was straight (tested on a glass table) and just a generic kit off ebay, I suspect that's the issue shite/wrong bearing

Thanks given by:
Meh, well run it and see what happens - worst is that it'll implode

Don't forget that journal bearings do require a bit of play, which is taken up by the oil when running - as long as it isn't in and out should be ok

Did you assemble with something like assembly lube on all parts? At the very least when you first start it, crank her over a fair bit without firing to get the oil pressure up in the turbo ...
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2015, 10:04 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Meh, well run it and see what happens - worst is that it'll implode

Don't forget that journal bearings do require a bit of play, which is taken up by the oil when running - as long as it isn't in and out should be ok

Did you assemble with something like assembly lube on all parts? At the very least when you first start it, crank her over a fair bit without firing to get the oil pressure up in the turbo ...

Didn't use any lube, just built it dry Wink lol where can I get just a bearing from? Decent garnett one... But if worst comes to worst it only ows me £35 so if it dies I've not lost much.

Thanks given by:
Small update.

Getting very board of the car now tbh, been looking at other cars again. So to try and regain some love for it doing a couple of bits to it.

Couldn't get any more boost from the k14 so decided to fit a mbc, what an arse hole of a job on the k14 never again. But got there in the end now boosting strong all tho I need to fit my 30psi gauge now.

[Image: DSC_0310_zps9frk5rns.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0312_zpsgrjffqis.jpg]

Before any one says I'm boosting on a cold engine, that water gauge still isn't wired up.

Also I painted the spoiler was never getting it back to a decent colour, so just painted it. Didn't have a pic before but I'm sure you can see it in some of the old photos.

[Image: DSC_0313_zpsro0uglbb.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0314_zpsjba4ghom.jpg]

The clutch is right on the edge now, slipped a couple of times so think that's gonna have to be one of the next things what needs doing.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Small update thrown a bucket of water over it, body certainly looking very tired now with lacker peel, stone chips etc but camera make it look really good.

[Image: FB_IMG_1433414979698_zpsiojnaopk.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1433414968473_zps4ai2iiuw.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1433415008824_zps6bpodskj.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1433415004973_zpshu0xxecl.jpg]

Polished and mounted the intercooler

[Image: FB_IMG_1433415001433_zpswpgtnuce.jpg]

Also got lots of parts ready to fit waiting on ARP head studs, and gotta order a clutch so gonna go paddle.

[Image: DSC_0406_zpsj6mw5qkg.jpg]

In the pile there, there's a gt2052s off ash's estate, a gt2056s piggys old one both welded to manifolds with oil line etc ready to bolt on just need to make down pipe. An inlet adapter and 11mm pump.

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Just bought this

[Image: Screenshot_2015-06-06-14-43-24_zpsp8lhlyyn.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2015-06-06-14-43-29_zpsg4r0tx3f.png]

Will be with me on Tuesday

Decent spec full leather interior from a volcane, including steering wheel and gear knob, s/s exhaust, bosch pump, dump valve, tinted rear windows, lowered,cyclones etc etc no mot just failed on a few bits nowt major. Coming with lots of spare parts to.

So unsure were to go with the volcane now as an estate would be perfect for are growing family but love the volcane alot! So maybe brake estate fit bits to volcane or mot estate and keep volcane as a track project maybe I'm really unsure.....

Ideas welcome

Thanks given by:
Sell one of them to me, been looking for an estate with a diesel engine. Hatchback will do if you want to sell that one.
P.M me if you want.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
The ad for the estate was shocking, seems like one dodgey individual!
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2015, 04:07 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Sell one of them to me, been looking for an estate with a diesel engine. Hatchback will do if you want to sell that one.
P.M me if you want.

If one comes for sale I'll let u know

(06-06-2015, 04:43 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: The ad for the estate was shocking, seems like one dodgey individual!

Really? What was bad about it had all the information needed, he seems a very decent guy knows alot about the car and all the work that's been done etc

Thanks given by:
Looks ace now sack the hatchback off and pimp the estate lol
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2015, 08:31 PM)ash23 Wrote: Looks ace now sack the hatchback off and pimp the estate lol

But volcane Sad

I really need to persuade hannah to have the hatch back and I can have the state Wink another set of arp's could have twin gt20'ed zx's

Thanks given by:
That sounds like a plan tbh Smile I guess you got the estate for a good price?
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 09:23 AM)ash23 Wrote: That sounds like a plan tbh Smile I guess you got the estate for a good price?

Think I paid what it's worth, worst comes to worst I could brake it sell bits on and I'd get my money back.

Thanks given by:
those zx estates are flipping rare now!

awesome buy!

The arps will be in the post tomorrow bud! Smile Sorry for delay, fcs took it out of me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 09:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: those zx estates are flipping rare now!

awesome buy!

The arps will be in the post tomorrow bud! Smile Sorry for delay, fcs took it out of me

Are they? Rarer that a volcane? Lol

And no worries doubt they be going in a car just yet need to decide what I'm doing with the zx's first, in a ideal world I'd keep both but it's never that simple.

Thanks given by:
I looked for a zx estate. It was fricken impossible to find one.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Loving the look of the estate!!!
Thanks given by:
cant say i've ever seen many...if any before.

Not sure if 'clones suit it tbh,
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 02:09 PM)mr_fish Wrote: cant say i've ever seen many...if any before.

I cant say im sure on the 'clones either tbh but ill decide when it gets here tomorrow...... Hope fully it doesn't turn out to be a dog tho, last time I bought a car unseen didn't end well......

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 08:37 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 02:09 PM)mr_fish Wrote: cant say i've ever seen many...if any before.

I cant say im sure on the 'clones either tbh but ill decide when it gets here tomorrow...... Hope fully it doesn't turn out to be a dog tho, last time I bought a car unseen didn't end well......

I buy all mine blind Tongue
Thanks given by:
If your on about that red 205 then it can't be worse than that thing haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,367 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,591 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,581 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton