Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
So as a few may no I sold the vento, and was on look out for another xud, I've been watching this zx on ebay for a while and it's kept being relisted with a slight price drop, it ended and I decied to message him and arrange viewing, so me, my mate and ash_23 set of early this morning for the drive to Newcastle. 150 miles later we got there, I wasn't massively impressed with the car but we took it for a spin what put more doubt about it but after lots of checking over a phone call to tom (zx_volcane) thanks for the advice tom! And some more checks I was happy to buy the car at the right price, so a good 15 mins stand off began between me and the seller I eventually got him down to a price I was ok with and we did the deal, here's a few pics.

[Image: DSC_1066_zpsnmcc70zq.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1065_zpssm9go5zx.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140907_181919_zpsht99ckbz.jpg]

So there's a few things that need fixing main thing is the horrid lucus pump need to get it off asap so I can get a bosch on it for the veg running.

Gonna attempt to clean it tomorrow as it's clearly not been cleaned in a very long time, it has very heavy swirling, so I suspect it's going to need a Merchine buff, but I'll see how I get on tomorrow.

Long term plans (pretty basic)
11mm pump
Gt20
Arp head studs (on there way) straight though exhaust

That's pretty much it for now.

Comments welcome Smile

P.s big BIG thanks to ash 23 for taking a day out and giving me a lift! TOP MAN! thanks Big Grin

Thanks given by:
love these, enjoy it Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 06:11 PM)padge Wrote: love these, enjoy it Smile

I will feels nippy now before I even start tuning Big Grin it's gonna be mega with gt20

Thanks given by:
What are the sills like? Seem to be a weak point on these
Thanks given by:
Nice Smile I nearly bought a ZX before my latest Peugeot cruiser. Hope it goes well for you, how come you sold the Vento?
Thanks given by:
another weak spot is the mounting stud for the PAS reservoir, both my zx's had rusted through there, and upwards to the strut top on one of them, think it was because they didn't have full arch liners, might be an idea to check
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 06:57 PM)Sambarker Wrote: What are the sills like? Seem to be a weak point on these

Seem pretty clean, but I shall have a poke around with.a screwdriver see if I can make some holes.

(07-09-2014, 07:34 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Nice Smile I nearly bought a ZX before my latest Peugeot cruiser. Hope it goes well for you, how come you sold the Vento?

Was just fed up with the harsh ride and didn't wanna lift it cos it would have looked crap lol

(07-09-2014, 07:46 PM)John1.4 Wrote: another weak spot is the mounting stud for the PAS reservoir, both my zx's had rusted through there, and upwards to the strut top on one of them, think it was because they didn't have full arch liners, might be an idea to check

Checked strut tops seem solid only slightly crispy bit I spotted was behind head lights but it's not rotted though yet, seems pretty clean for year tbh, but no doubt there will be rust some were

Thanks given by:
that poor seller didnt know what hit him lol im surprised you got him down to what you did but also think it was right money for the car Smile

the cars as solud as you would expect for a car of its age under the car is solid as chris says a little crust near the head lights but not rotten Smile

the plans sound good although i know you wont stop there Wink drop it off for a day and ill chuck some strut braces on there Big Grin
Thanks given by:
No plans for exterior at this minute? Except a good clean
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 06:39 AM)ash23 Wrote: that poor seller didnt know what hit him lol im surprised you got him down to what you did but also think it was right money for the car Smile

the cars as solud as you would expect for a car of its age under the car is solid as chris says a little crust near the head lights but not rotten Smile

the plans sound good although i know you wont stop there Wink drop it off for a day and ill chuck some strut braces on there Big Grin

Ha ha! You don't asK you don't get but considering it started out on ebay at £900 I did extremely well to get him down as far as I did Tongue and might take u up on that offer Big Grin

(08-09-2014, 06:57 AM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: No plans for exterior at this minute? Except a good clean

Not really I'd like to keep exterior pretty standard for the sleeper affect, but no doubt I'll end up with bigger wheels as I'll need to upgrade the brakes.

Gave the car a quick clean got it as best as I can with out a Merchine buffer.

[Image: DSC_1069_zpsq3drl7pn.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1070_zpsc8nearz7.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1071_zps2hqtaiw9.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1072_zpsyvwvfdq2.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1074_zpszs8dwkf5.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1075_zpsy8j6nmf4.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1076_zpsukceybyf.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1077_zpslwnonjpu.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1078_zps2yzgiyih.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1073_zps1ffsezhd.jpg]

As you can see on last pic the bad swirling, hoping I can save up for it to have a full paint correction detail, but that's not my first worry, wanna get it on a bosch first but I have an 11mm being built by ash should be done very soon Smile

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Would rather this than the vento, what gt are you going for?

A decent glaze with a layer or wax afterwards will mask the majority of those swirls even doing it by hand.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 04:24 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Would rather this than the vento, what gt are you going for?

A decent glaze with a layer or wax afterwards will mask the majority of those swirls even doing it by hand.

What do you mean what am I going for?

And yer thinking of trying some poorboys black hole that's ment to be good for swirls, at the min I used auto glym ultra deep shine polish and nattys paste wax.

Thanks given by:
I meant what model of a gt you are going for. Yea blackhole is good stuff and so it nattys.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 05:55 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: I meant what model of a gt you are going for. Yea blackhole is good stuff and so it nattys.

If u mean turbo, not sure see what's around when I've got cash probably 52/56s

Thanks given by:
Why aren't you fitting those forged rods to this?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 11:31 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Why aren't you fitting those forged rods to this?

No need to with plans of a gt20 plenty of people run gt20's
On standard rods with out issues Smile

Well that and the fact I sold them, that also means they won't be going in Wink

Thanks given by:
Proper comfy wagon...

Me n the wife had one as our first car as a couple....drove to scotland in it...such an easy journey!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks to be in fairly good nick, just need to sort the paint if thats your sort of thing.
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you back in an XUD Chris. Gt20, 11mm, front mount, should go well.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 07:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: Proper comfy wagon...

Me n the wife had one as our first car as a couple....drove to scotland in it...such an easy journey!!

It is mega comfortable, world's apart from the solid vento Wink drive over the biggest mounting of a bump and it's like running over a cushion lol

(10-09-2014, 07:45 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Looks to be in fairly good nick, just need to sort the paint if thats your sort of thing.

It has its fair share of little dints here and there, I'm coming to the conclusion it's never gonna be a minter, all tho if I can find a Merchine buffer or can lend one I'd be tempted to try get the swirls out my self.

(10-09-2014, 08:28 AM)306pc Wrote: Glad to see you back in an XUD Chris. Gt20, 11mm, front mount, should go well.

It's nice to be back Wink hopefully will be nippy not going for ground braking power just nice steady and hopefully reliable but will see how I get on with it.

In other news my arp head studs have come, bought a brand new radiator as have my doubts about the original one that's on there and 2 x 12 inch slim lline fans as i found out mine don't work, plus need to make room for my massive twin pass I doubt it'll fit but I'm gonna try Big Grin

Thanks given by:
looks like a busy few days mate lol. ohhh that i/c will fit easy just have to remove some of the car first Wink
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 11:55 AM)ash23 Wrote: looks like a busy few days mate lol. ohhh that i/c will fit easy just have to remove some of the car first Wink

I'm all ways busy doing something Wink yer I can see the grinder coming out for sure!

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update

Bought a nissens rad, went to fit it this morning, turned out they gave me wrong radiator so spent 2 hours trying to find another £103 later picked up a valeo one.

[Image: DSC_1094_zpswksvqniv.jpg]

Fitted it with 2 x 12 inch slim fans on a manual switch on dash so I now have working fans.

Why front end was off, offered up my intercooler think it's gonna be to big, and possibly restrict air to radiator what do you guys think?

[Image: DSC_1095_zpssjn2seji.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1096_zpskui4zqih.jpg]

That's it for now, hoping to get bosch pump on this weekend that ash has built.

Also had a nosey while car was up in air it's got a k14 on it.

Comments welcome, do you think I should get a smaller intercooler or not??

Thanks given by:
Too big, how/where would you run the top pipe? Looks to be too smaller gap to get a 90 degree bend on it?
Thanks given by:
theres plenty of room behind the bumper for an intercooler

bring it down and forward on brackets you'll be good

the top inlet on the intercooler looks like it'll be a pita to route though -nowhere obvious for it to go

can see how mine is mounted here

[Image: IMG_2805_zpse430d264.jpg]
Thanks given by:
has the rad made much difference in temp? that i/c will fit even if there has to be some slam panel trimmage Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 02:24 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Too big, how/where would you run the top pipe? Looks to be too smaller gap to get a 90 degree bend on it?

It'd be mega tight but I'm sure it's possible

(11-09-2014, 02:24 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: theres plenty of room behind the bumper for an intercooler

bring it down and forward on brackets you'll be good

the top inlet on the intercooler looks like it'll be a pita to route though -nowhere obvious for it to go

can see how mine is mounted here

[Image: IMG_2805_zpse430d264.jpg]

I need to move power steering cooler then I'd be able to drop it slightly, maybe an inch but not that much I wouldnt think. Yours looks massive tbh but being rectangular looks bit better design.

(11-09-2014, 02:34 PM)ash23 Wrote: has the rad made much difference in temp? that i/c will fit even if there has to be some slam panel trimmage Smile

I'll see tonight at work not really been far, and lol!

What u guys think of it blocking radiator? Will enough air still get thought it to keep it cool? That's the main think if it don't block rad I'm sure there's a way to make it fit.

Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 02:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: What u guys think of it blocking radiator? Will enough air still get thought it to keep it cool? That's the main think if it don't block rad I'm sure there's a way to make it fit.

Should be fine if you've got a gap between the two - air will flow through the IC to the rad.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 02:54 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 02:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: What u guys think of it blocking radiator? Will enough air still get thought it to keep it cool? That's the main think if it don't block rad I'm sure there's a way to make it fit.

Should be fine if you've got a gap between the two - air will flow through the IC to the rad.

There will be a gap not sure how big tho, I'll have to have a better look some other time, main thing now is bosch pump cos derv is costing me a fortune Sad

Thanks given by:
Liking this car... Was watching this for ages aswell but ended up buying the one for sale in Kent. Really enjoying mine so far, zxs are a rare sight on the roads these days in any form let alone a volcane
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,283 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,442 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,540 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton