Size spacers on rear?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Size spacers on rear?
Spending time looking at the car today, I want to bring the rear wheels out slightly. 

I've got 50 profile wheels and the rear end will be potentially dropped 30mm in the near future, what size spacers would bring them out slightly to make them look slightly less hidden in the arch.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
10mm if you want them 10mm further out...

15mm if you want... You get the idea
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
of you want it to handle still, none at all.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 12:25 AM)welshpug Wrote: of you want it to handle still, none at all.

Looks and handling must be in balance, you wouldn't like your woman to be a perfect specimen of fitness with no discernable tits or ass now would you.....
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2015, 10:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: 10mm if you want them 10mm further out...

15mm if you want... You get the idea

For someone who hasn't used spacers that's something that's just abstract.
Appreciate your attempt at being witty.

If anyone has any pictures, that may also be useful.
Thanks given by:
Ginge you have been in my old car, correct?

I have used over the time, 5-20mm spacers on the fronts and rears with various wheels. If you can tell me what wheels I had onwhen you went for a spin I can tell you what spacers I had and let you decide if it affected the handling of the car.

Also what wheels you running?
Thanks given by:
I'm running cyclones

Last time in your car I think you had arianne alloys on? Or similar..
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 07:09 AM)ginge191 Wrote: For someone who hasn't used spacers that's something that's just abstract.
Appreciate your attempt at being witty.

If anyone has any pictures, that may also be useful.

Hardly, there's a thing called a tape measure that has these "mm" measurments on it, if you put the end against your wheel you can see all the different measurements at intervals along the length of it, marvelous piece of kit! And, would you believe it, the mm on the tape measure are the same mm that they use to denote sizes on the spacers, what are the chances of that?!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 01:27 AM)HDi--Power Wrote:
(19-04-2015, 12:25 AM)welshpug Wrote: of you want it to handle still, none at all.

Looks and handling must be in balance, you wouldn't like your woman to be a perfect specimen of fitness with no discernable tits or ass now would you.....

of course I would.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Again, any pictures would be useful.

Where's the animosity coming from; this used to be a community lol

Poodle, probably took you longer to conjure that up than be useful and contribute to the request of the OP; ie, a picture.
Thanks given by:
Oh go and find your sense of humour, stop taking it so personally you mincer. If you don't want daft answers don't ask daft questions lol. Go and find yourself a picture, you've got google don't you?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
' lol '
Thanks given by:
20mm on those 16 's then when you were last in the car.

Still handled amazingly.

I think I have run 10 and 15mm spacers before.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2015, 08:02 AM)ginge191 Wrote: ' lol '

Yeah, alright then. 

Imo 10mm or 12mm is pretty perfect for setting cyclones level with the arch, if that helps. Tyre profile doesn't make a difference to how far out the wheel sits in the arch, it's wheel offset and width you need to know.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm running cyclones with 20mm spacers and with too much weight they rub in the arches over bumps, I'm getting some 206 nimrods, will this be any worse or better with those? Also I'm guessing i'll probably need to roll my arches maybe?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear ARB bush size needed. weka 5 3,266 05-04-2020, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Vortex alloys what size spacers mikey b 3 1,085 04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark