best sounding airfilter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best sounding airfilter
Right then from your experiences what's the best sounding airfilter you've had....not looking for performance gains or any thing just totally for sound
Thanks given by:
If it's a diesel as your username suggests, no filter ftw.
Thanks given by:
I know does sound madd defilterd just don't want the turbo chewing any shit lol
Thanks given by:
Fair doo's

I had a huge 'Ramair' on my vecta which sounded nice, also caused compressor stall.

I think many people run an S2000 filter but I don't how how this sounds.
Thanks given by:
I've got a ram air on at the moment good quality for money I do like the look of the s2000 ones just witch ones better sponge or cotton to amplifie the sound of turbo spool
Thanks given by:
Sponge is better, no oil to ruin the MAF!
Thanks given by:
are you having a giggle? this exact thread is directly below yours...

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29313

if you want noise then no filter. Then you can buy a new car a few weeks later.
if you want noise properly then leave the stock filter and get a decat and full 2.5" exhaust.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I saw that but as I said I'm not going for a cold air feed or performance gains just wanted to know from people's experience's witch airfilter they would recommend for sound n already got decat n straight threw center section to a 3inch tip
Thanks given by:
i don't want to up set anyone as its a relatively free country............I presume you have a super dwper sound system in your car, so.....why not record some mega induction roar and turbo whistle and push that thru the sound system...,.may be a dedicated sound system connected to the throttle pedal.......?

or a sound effects box like the model train people use or similar......

a Vulcan sound track may be good. Blush
Thanks given by:
Not at all mate lmao
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2015, 12:03 PM)mattydturb Wrote: Yeah I saw that but as I said I'm not going for a cold air feed or performance gains just wanted to know from people's experience's witch airfilter they would recommend for sound n already got decat n straight threw center section to a 3inch tip

Clearly you haven't actually looked at the thread then, because it covers this exact scenario. Please at least try and look through similar threads before posting a new one, otherwise it just clogs the forum up with crap and makes it a pain to find useful information for anyone who is using the search function properly. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fair enough didn't take enough notice at the other thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whistle sounding like blow off valve MY95 9 1,579 13-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: MY95