306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: best sounding airfilter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right then from your experiences what's the best sounding airfilter you've had....not looking for performance gains or any thing just totally for sound
If it's a diesel as your username suggests, no filter ftw.
I know does sound madd defilterd just don't want the turbo chewing any shit lol
Fair doo's

I had a huge 'Ramair' on my vecta which sounded nice, also caused compressor stall.

I think many people run an S2000 filter but I don't how how this sounds.
I've got a ram air on at the moment good quality for money I do like the look of the s2000 ones just witch ones better sponge or cotton to amplifie the sound of turbo spool
Sponge is better, no oil to ruin the MAF!
are you having a giggle? this exact thread is directly below yours...

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29313

if you want noise then no filter. Then you can buy a new car a few weeks later.
if you want noise properly then leave the stock filter and get a decat and full 2.5" exhaust.
Yeah I saw that but as I said I'm not going for a cold air feed or performance gains just wanted to know from people's experience's witch airfilter they would recommend for sound n already got decat n straight threw center section to a 3inch tip
i don't want to up set anyone as its a relatively free country............I presume you have a super dwper sound system in your car, so.....why not record some mega induction roar and turbo whistle and push that thru the sound system...,.may be a dedicated sound system connected to the throttle pedal.......?

or a sound effects box like the model train people use or similar......

a Vulcan sound track may be good. Blush
Not at all mate lmao
(20-02-2015, 12:03 PM)mattydturb Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I saw that but as I said I'm not going for a cold air feed or performance gains just wanted to know from people's experience's witch airfilter they would recommend for sound n already got decat n straight threw center section to a 3inch tip

Clearly you haven't actually looked at the thread then, because it covers this exact scenario. Please at least try and look through similar threads before posting a new one, otherwise it just clogs the forum up with crap and makes it a pain to find useful information for anyone who is using the search function properly. Smile
Fair enough didn't take enough notice at the other thread