306 rallye trackday project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 rallye trackday project
Surely you have to keep to minimum weights though...
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 12:19 AM)adam b Wrote: Surely you have to keep to minimum weights though...

no adam ,not for trackday car , and if I have to keep to a set weight for racing will add ballast and corner weight ,thanks wayne  
Thanks given by:
want! D:
Thanks given by: twangy
bonded lexan rear screen in carbon rear hatch skin ,ready for fitting
Thanks given by:
bourght this as will be adding throttle bodies ,will be making mould and making carbon fibre copies
Thanks given by:
Mine is sitting at about 990kg at the moment but it has a much bigger cage and only a fg bonnet.
Not too fussed about getting it much lighter, mostly because it's going to get expensive (except shrinking my sizeable arse). At the moment I'm moving weight backwards and inside the wheelbase. What fun!

Definitely a car to follow Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
(13-02-2015, 08:22 PM)adam b Wrote: Mine is sitting at about 990kg at the moment but it has a much bigger cage and only a fg bonnet.
Not too fussed about getting it much lighter, mostly because it's going to get expensive (except shrinking my sizeable arse). At the moment I'm moving weight backwards and inside the wheelbase. What fun!

Definitely a car to follow Smile
hi adam , hoping to get my car a lot lighter than 990kg , as just a out and out track car , so no creature comforts at all , not costing me a lot because have all body moulds and make myself ,  and being a rallye was a good base to start with , have been very careful in positioning thing inside wheelbase myself as have been involve in building rallycars and motorsport for a long while now , will add pictures of my last car that I built from bare shell up ,thanks wayne 
Thanks given by:
fitted rear hatch over weekend on original hinges so will still open mega weight saving
Thanks given by:
Wow, this is just stunning!
(17-02-2015, 11:51 AM)af1 Wrote: Wow, this is just stunning!

thanks very much
Thanks given by:
The cossie's epic mate

Must make the 306 feel pretty boring ??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 01:10 AM)7057sam Wrote: The cossie's epic mate

Must make the 306 feel pretty boring ??

yes sam  ,  the 306  feel pretty boring compared to cossie , but  a hell of a lot  cheaper
Thanks given by:
fitted carbon bonnet skin, works on original hinges so no need for 4 bonnet pins , just fitted front recessed bonnet pins and started flatting ready for painting ,another great weight saving
Thanks given by:
I wish I had the skills and knowledge to make carbon and fiberglass parts. Nice work mate.
(19-02-2015, 03:15 PM)aaddzz123 Wrote: I wish I had the skills and knowledge to make carbon and fiberglass parts. Nice work mate.

thanks very much mate
Thanks given by:
started to trial fit carbon door on drivers side and have laid passenger side outer skin ,so will remove tomorrow and bond to inner skin ,and hopefully have both fitted over weekend depending on weather
Thanks given by:
carbon fibre front panel , was done a while back and fitted , have got to super fine and laquer  ,with a load of other bit I have made , eg rear  carbon spoiler phase 2
Thanks given by:
Very good to meet you yesterday Smile
Shame I couldn't have stopped longer for more of a chat!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 06:59 PM)adam b Wrote: Very good to meet you yesterday Smile
Shame I couldn't have stopped longer for more of a chat!

next time your down this way and have more time call in ,may have thing a little more organized by then ,thanks wayne
Thanks given by:
sorry for lack of progress due to sh**ty weather but going threw photo's and came across this what I did to car , good weight saving and stops getting dnf on rally's was to mount wiring socket on bulkhead , due to Peugeot's crappy idea of running along front and first thing you hit ends up blowing wiring , there is a good weight saving by doing this and well out of harms way ,sorry for crappy picture as was when first done
Thanks given by:
haven't had much chance to do much on car lately due to weather and other commitments , but got too it today and fitted discs and bells that had lying round from when had cosworth , 1kilo lighter than standard disc per side unsprung weight , and 25mm thickness  , using standard calipers for now as pagid blues only done 1 track day ,so not letting them go to waste ,plenty of clearance on bottom joint 
Thanks given by:
That looks great what size are they and does it change the pcd of the wheel so you have to run ford fitment wheels?
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 12:02 PM)7057sam Wrote: That looks great what size are they and does it change the pcd of the wheel so you have to run ford fitment wheels?

size is 285mm  , thickness is 25mm  and ford is 108pcd same as Peugeot 
Thanks given by:
finished making carbon fibre rear spoiler ,and  manage to clear laquer and also made carbon fibre cam cover , just got to trim were oil filler goes
Thanks given by:
They look great,would ever make any spoilers up??
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 04:14 PM)7057sam Wrote: They look great,would ever make any spoilers up??

will do as soon as have got workshop set up and back on 2 legs sam
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 04:17 PM)twangy Wrote:
(18-03-2015, 04:14 PM)7057sam Wrote: They look great,would ever make any spoilers up??

Of course mate hope your recovery is going well 

Do you make moulds of everything you do so you can replicate it again??
Thanks given by:
Sweet work!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2015, 09:49 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(18-03-2015, 04:17 PM)twangy Wrote:

Of course mate hope your recovery is going well 

Do you make moulds of everything you do so you can replicate it again??

yes sam , keep mould so can replicate most thing

(18-03-2015, 09:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sweet work!

cheers mate
Thanks given by:
finally able to start weight bearing on leg ,so back on car ,have got paint for carbon panels and ,primed and painted rear hatch today ,so will fit and prep and paint another panel tomorrow , will add pictures this week of progress ,also made new carbon dash inserts
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,303 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts rallye project. operation derust Matt 630 269,034 23-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  The toy, 306GTI trackday racer. *Dial-up warning: Picture heavy* Janne L 142 40,512 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Janne L