Possible crank pull

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible crank pull
Had a ticking noise on my hdi for past few months got round to looking at it and aux tensioners were dry and sounded terible so i changed then and iv still got ticking noise from right side of engine noticed wen a changed tentioner that the crank pully has slight play in it could this be at fault car has don 130000 doesent look like it has been changed i geuss my questiont is should the crank pully have any play at all
Thanks given by:
I dont think you should be able to move it with your hands im sure someone will comment to confirm that though.
Thanks given by:
As above, if you can feel the play in it she's knackered.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-02-2015, 04:44 PM)Poodle Wrote: As above, if you can feel the play in it she's knackered.

Its not rattly wen you move it with your hand but it moves and if i can move with my fingers i would think that engine is going to move it alot more
Thanks given by:
something that is not rattly by hand mayu very well be when its running.. imagine a standing wave setup by the cylinders doing that little wiggle 3000 times a minute..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Presactly.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
how difficult was it to change the sprung loaded aux diver belt tensioner please and any pictures.........
Thanks given by:
The autotensioner is a piece of cake, 8(?)mm hex bolt in the centre of the tensioner body, undo that and away she goes. Obviously don't try and do it while it's under tension lol, take the belt off first. Best access is through the drivers wheel arch.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 10:09 AM)pug306driver Wrote: how difficult was it to change the sprung loaded aux diver belt tensioner please and any pictures.........

I took bottom tentioner off then removed crank pulley then uncliped those little plastic clips for water hose to get a ratchet and extention in there with a allen key bit then wiggled it out you dont need to take engine mount off if you remove crank pulley i only removed crank pulley because i have access to buzz gun
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Push Vs Pull Clutch Alan_M 4 1,432 26-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Paul_13