What your Username origins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What your Username origins
(30-09-2014, 06:55 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 06:52 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 06:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Ahha, another guitarist, easy now fella Smile

Aha would you believe I've used that setup in ska and reggae bands also? Wink along with an old jagstang but hey ho if it works :p

Mate I've played from jazz to country to metal bands lol, it's more in the fingers than the amp or guitar, does help to have the right stuff tho Big Grin

Aha but that tsl clean channel loved to break up. Fender twin fitted the bill better. And the dimebucker is one hell of a trebley pickup. Really didn't suit the choppiness of ska/reggae but mixed with the Warmer neck pu it pulled it off. Just :p
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 07:13 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 06:55 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 06:52 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Aha would you believe I've used that setup in ska and reggae bands also? Wink along with an old jagstang but hey ho if it works :p

Mate I've played from jazz to country to metal bands lol, it's more in the fingers than the amp or guitar, does help to have the right stuff tho Big Grin

Aha but that tsl clean channel loved to break up. Fender twin fitted the bill better. And the dimebucker is one hell of a trebley pickup. Really didn't suit the choppiness of ska/reggae but mixed with the Warmer neck pu it pulled it off. Just :p

Yeah for sure that's no reggae setup pmsl, use a mesa boogie duel caliber and a Musicman USA silhouette these days, do pretty much anything with that setup Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 07:18 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 07:13 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 06:55 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Mate I've played from jazz to country to metal bands lol, it's more in the fingers than the amp or guitar, does help to have the right stuff tho Big Grin

Yeah for sure that's no reggae setup pmsl, use a mesa boogie duel caliber and a Musicman USA silhouette these days, do pretty much anything with that setup Smile

I'm still on the dean mind you I have been looking up musicmans after my friend had the john pertrucci model with the piezo pickup (dat tone uhhhhh) and currently running a Mesa mark 4 with an engl 4x12 although looking to swap the cab. Also looking at an Axefx setup as the music I enjoy making at the moment an Axefx setup would be perfect (periphery/monuments djent/tech metal setup) although I will never want to leave that raw tube tone. Will one day pickup a orange tiny terror as they're just incredible and need something small but punchy.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Mine actually refers to my car, not myself, and I have no imagination lol. Toms306 - The 306 belonging to Tom...

Didn't really put much thought into it at the time, never thought I'd stay on a forum long, thought the novelty would wear off quickly, and here I am 5 years later still on the same(ish) one!! Coulda used one of the nicknames I got at school but most were around my surname which I don't want on a public forum lol. Only other one was crazylegs...but that makes me sound like a promiscuous woman, it was actually because of my football skills (hard to believe now haha!! lol ).

Its also stuck with me on several other forums, but I know use others so I'm harder to track. ninja
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 07:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Mine actually refers to my car, not myself, and I have no imagination lol. Toms306 - The 306 belonging to Tom...

Didn't really put much thought into it at the time, never thought I'd stay on a forum long, thought the novelty would wear off quickly, and here I am 5 years later still on the same(ish) one!! Coulda used one of the nicknames I got at school but most were around my surname which I don't want on a public forum lol. Only other one was crazylegs...but that makes me sound like a promiscuous woman, it was actually because of my football skills (hard to believe now haha!! lol ).

Its also stuck with me on several other forums, but I know use others so I'm harder to track. ninja

Toms306 - The 306 belonging to Tom...

Ahh SOD that Tom lol you shouldn't feel bad for using your given name Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 07:43 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Ahh SOD that Tom lol you shouldn't feel bad for using your given name Big Grin

lol
Thanks given by:
I keep half wondering whether to get mine changed to my name or surname but I've been JJ0063 for so long on countless forums!
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 08:06 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I keep half wondering whether to get mine changed to my name or surname but I've been JJ0063 for so long on countless forums!

Google your username....you'd be amazed how many different forums come up! lol
Thanks given by:
I know, I've had a lot of cars!
Thanks given by:
I use THE_Liam on most forums. Comes from playing rugby, we had 3 Liams in the squad when I first started playing for my club, when I moved into the under 15s we got a new coach, and he asked me if I was one of the Liams. I said no, I am THE Liam, the others are spares lol

I use LiamFBRangers on rugby forums (Liam full back Stanningley Rangers), and on a couple of others I've used Rand al'Thor, which is the name of the main character of my favourite series of books.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Back in school someone once called me kentiiboii once and I just kind of liked it. Ended up being my gamertag and forum username.

People do think its cos I'm from Kent but its not, my name is kent.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine is completely lacking in thought or originality...I use M,oFo - I like the way oFo looks like some guy riding a bike - on the triathletes world forum and was minidave when I had a Mini.
Thanks given by:
Mine...........er well its not that I have a big nose at all really, I just have a small face!

(30-09-2014, 05:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: Im fat

lmao This has just floored me - absolute quality Mr.Piggy ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Mines a bit dull, it's my reg that my gran and sister got me for my 21st and it went on my pug at the time and I always associate it to a 306 so makes it easy to remember!
Thanks given by:
Mine is my name (Nathan) and the 1305 bit is the day and month of when I got with my girlfriend 13/05 pretty soppy haha lol
Thanks given by:
mine is a my surname but shortened down, I get called procta, instead of proctor. I started life called Rio, as I had a metro rio at the time, and I wasn't known to the world as Procta back then, as I had a different surname, and hadn't changed my surname until I was 18. When I changed to the 306, I had a Dturbo, and loved the spool and the kick off it, and decided to call my self turboboy. Then one day, I decided to change to my msn Name which I called my self Procta as the world started to know me by then, So Everything was changed to Procta.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 10:12 PM)NOSE Wrote: Mine...........er well its not that I have a big nose at all really, I just have a small face!

(30-09-2014, 05:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: Im fat

lmao This has just floored me - absolute quality Mr.Piggy ThumbsUp
Would be except he isn't at all Big Grin
Thanks given by:
One of my college mates made a passing comment that i looked a bit like a poodle with scraggy long hair. Not sure how or why, but it stuck and is still with me 10 years down the line.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 04:44 PM)Niall Wrote: Mine is my name. How original lol
Same lol. Used to have 'gti6' tagged onto it but that'd make no sense these days.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Not even sure why i looked at this thread? lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
My names Steve and I'm fking hilarious
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Mines actually my surname with the g taken off, been known as Choppin since the start of high school as we had 3 other Lukes in my class, also had a drunken mishap with a axe and nearly fooked my left leg up so then became a bit of a piss take, a choppin who can't chop wood!! Haha
Thanks given by:
Mine doesn't actually bare any resemblance to my name Big Grin

It stands of Doesnt Actually Value Engines............
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not
overly
rated
legend
every
day
goes
explosive

Not really... it's my surname.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 06:40 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Mine is purely from the type of guitar I have played for a long time. Dean razorback. And got called Razorback a lot by band members and friends. So that Followed by my name.

[Image: f63f8dbe36f6c1511837d008e7c1a441.jpg]
[Image: 76626ab8ed83e2eb34821e67f8c05999.jpg]

I thought Emo's died out years ago?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2014, 12:49 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 06:40 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Mine is purely from the type of guitar I have played for a long time. Dean razorback. And got called Razorback a lot by band members and friends. So that Followed by my name.

[Image: f63f8dbe36f6c1511837d008e7c1a441.jpg]
[Image: 76626ab8ed83e2eb34821e67f8c05999.jpg]

I thought Emo's died out years ago?

Aha Wink that picture is a few years old mind. Have no other pictures otherwise aha. And I can assure you ive always been and will always be pro-life Wink

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I was gonna say, I had that haircut when I was 15. I now cut it grade 0 all over, twice a week Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Wish i had hair to cut Sad
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I had short hair. I looked like a serial killer. Thus I stick to longer hair. I look less like a murderer [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

And Matt you know you can loan. Whenever.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(01-10-2014, 01:05 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: I had short hair. I looked like a serial killer. Thus I stick to longer hair. I look less like a murderer [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

And Matt you know you can loan. Whenever.

I look like Max branning and Karl Pilkingtons love child.

[Image: jakewood2.jpg]
[Image: Karl-Pilkington-watford-asda-picture1.jpg]
Thanks given by: