• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What NEW car would you get..?
Specifications being...

Hatchback
Finance up to £300pcm
Decent power
fuel I couldn't care less
30mpg +

So far I've looked at a Leon tsi, they're ok, but a bit bleh, and a c30 which is lovely; but with a decent turbod petrol, they're pricey.

So what would you get?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG wheels in white.

Never on finance though. Cash is King.
Thanks given by:
lol I don't quite think my budget stretches that far!
Thanks given by:
Why would you get a new car when an XUD 306 clearly covers everyones criteria... Itwasntme

Seriously though, thats not overly specific lol. There aren't many cars that do less than 30mpg now. Most come with the choice of a powerful engine. And what sort of budget is £300pcm in total?
Thanks given by:
Focus ST or Fiesta ST. No comparison in my opinion!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Actually thats a good shout! Saw some of the Fiesta's ready to go out when I was wandering round Ford last week and couldn't resist a look... 1.6 Ecoboost, 180bhp, 0-60 in 6.8 seconds and STILL 47mpg and £130 tax! Big Grin You don't seem bothered by running costs but I was pretty amazed by that haha.
Thanks given by:
Wont get a focus st for under £300 per month, not even I could get one that cheap. Fiesta st can be had for that though, cracking little cars and with a mountune go like f*ck
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd go Leon/Ibiza or pug 308
Thanks given by:
Nah cash isn't king at a dealer, they make. Fortune from finance and love it, so will give you a better deal on finance most of the time..

+1 for the fiesta st. Brutal
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Focus RS
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
No such thing. Yet ninja
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Golf gtd, probably out of budget but that'd be my choice for a sensiblish hatch
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Interesting; lot of similar opinions to fiesta/focus

And Tom, when buying on finance, the cost of a car PCM varies greatly.
Similarly to a "2k budget", a £300pcm is mine. It's not complicated ThumbsUp
For example, a Leon tsi you can get for £210pcm, great, but an RS4, is £590 PCM and thus would be out of budget. Hope that clears things up
Thanks given by:
Golf 7 tsi is a good motor. Gti or d if your budget stretches.

Discounts of 10 percent achievable.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 11:44 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Interesting; lot of similar opinions to fiesta/focus

And Tom, when buying on finance, the cost of a car PCM varies greatly.
Similarly to a "2k budget", a £300pcm is mine. It's not complicated ThumbsUp
For example, a Leon tsi you can get for £210pcm, great, but an RS4, is £590 PCM and thus would be out of budget. Hope that clears things up

Oh ok, didn't realise it varied so much, I thought it would make for similar total figures. I don't tend to look at finance deals myself, just 'actual' prices so wouldn't know what you can and cant get for that.

What I would say though, is there's not much point going for a diesel if you're not fussed by running costs, 'should' get more value for money and reliability from a petrol.
Thanks given by:
I should think few enough people on here understand the going rates on finance, so why don't you just tell us what your "£300pcm" budget equates to in real money. All you should have to do is work out what you can usually get for around that kind of input per month and post it here, it's not complicated. No offence, but cba to go looking up finance deals for you, especially considering a lot of them will be dealer-specific.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Also haven't confirmed wether this is £300pcm on lease, hire purchase or out right buy?

If it was me, i wouldn't want to be going for the typical VAG cars. They are just boring.
DS3 is affordable and a very very good car but a bit girly. They do a soft top which would suit you.
Kia Pro_ceed. Im biased and i hate to say it but the new shame Ceeds are nicely built and if you go for a 2 or above, you get shit loads of spec.
208. Ive never driven one but sat in one and again, they feel incredibly well built, the driving position is great and everyone so far seems to rave about them
You could also afford a base model 1 series. Again you get the BMW build quality (well so people say anyway, not seen it my self!) and 'prestige' of driving a BMW but i do believe a base model 106 from 1993 would have more spec. Like 4 wheels for a start...
Renault Clio? Personally i hate the look of the new ones but they are supposed to be a good car.

Alternatively if you can go for approved used (assuming your method is to get finance at a dealers), you could easily start looking at much better specd models.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 04:28 PM)Niall Wrote: Also haven't confirmed wether this is £300pcm on lease, hire purchase or out right buy?

If it was me, i wouldn't want to be going for the typical VAG cars. They are just boring.
DS3 is affordable and a very very good car but a bit girly. They do a soft top which would suit you.
Kia Pro_ceed. Im biased and i hate to say it but the new shame Ceeds are nicely built and if you go for a 2 or above, you get shit loads of spec.
208. Ive never driven one but sat in one and again, they feel incredibly well built, the driving position is great and everyone so far seems to rave about them
You could also afford a base model 1 series. Again you get the BMW build quality (well so people say anyway, not seen it my self!) and 'prestige' of driving a BMW but i do believe a base model 106 from 1993 would have more spec. Like 4 wheels for a start...
Renault Clio? Personally i hate the look of the new ones but they are supposed to be a good car.

Alternatively if you can go for approved used (assuming your method is to get finance at a dealers), you could easily start looking at much better specd models.

I'd be looking to buy out right. The only thing is that most require a chunky deposit, which is fine, but then begs you to wonder why you don't just put that money into a motor which is a few years older with similar specs...

But then with the brand new car, no tax, MOT free for 3 years, option to change in for new model etc. and maintenence on no wear/tear parts..
Thanks given by:
The "freebies" you list up there are far outweighed by the amount you save on a used car. Even a 3 month old car you will save a fortune.
You still pay tax on a new car, its just included in the cost of the car and some cars (doubt this will affect you) pay double the yearly tax in their first year.
Warranties are all a minimum of 3 years and are transferrable. If the warranty isn't valid for what ever reason, the dealership won't be selling it.
Don't bank on a new car not needing parts or maintenance. They are just as bad as older cars (well looked after that is).

If i was you, i really would be looking at approved used. Will get so much more for your money!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 05:28 PM)Niall Wrote: If i was you, i really would be looking at approved used. Will get so much more for your money!

All i see when i read this is used company cars... and i know how some of their drivers used those cars.. ninja

But no, it's a fair shout, getting an approved used car, near new, for a fairly cheaper price... Doh
Thanks given by:
I'd also go nearly new tbh.

The 107 I bought, top spec Envy, £12k original book price, 9 months later (and with the 108 about to come out) just £6k!! Ok so the majority of cars wont lose half their value in under a year, but I was shocked by how much more you can get by buying slightly used. Just don't assume the dealers ad's will be correct. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 05:32 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(27-07-2014, 05:28 PM)Niall Wrote: If i was you, i really would be looking at approved used. Will get so much more for your money!

All i see when i read this is used company cars... and i know how some of their drivers used those cars.. ninja

But no, it's a fair shout, getting an approved used car, near new, for a fairly cheaper price... Doh

haha im not talking about second hand lease cars which are a minimum of 2-3 years old. You will find most dealers have a huge stock of cars that are between a month and a year old mainly bought by people who can afford to change cars that often or bought the car then decided they don't want it.
Unlike second hand lease cars (which nearly all go to auction anyway), approved used will only be sold by a dealer who deals that make of car, will have been fully serviced, still have warranty and will basically be brand new with a few miles on them

Yeah its nice getting a brand new car and driving it away with less than 10 miles on the clock but the novelty will soon pass when its done a few k and it needs its first service.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 05:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd also go nearly new tbh.

The 107 I bought, top spec Envy, £12k original book price, 9 months later (and with the 108 about to come out) just £6k!! Ok so the majority of cars wont lose half their value in under a year, but I was shocked by how much more you can get by buying slightly used. Just don't assume the dealers ad's will be correct. Rolleyes

And yeah to go with this, my Kia was 18k brand new. The day it was delivered, i looked on we buy any car just out of curiosity to see how much they would give. Ok this is a bit of an extreme example but they were prepared to give me 9k. 50% lost by driving it off the forecourt! Also, seeing as Tom saw it before me, they probably realised this and realised the car would be cursed so knocked some off because of that Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 04:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: I should think few enough people on here understand the going rates on finance, so why don't you just tell us what your "£300pcm" budget equates to in real money. All you should have to do is work out what you can usually get for around that kind of input per month and post it here, it's not complicated. No offence, but cba to go looking up finance deals for you, especially considering a lot of them will be dealer-specific.

£300 a month for how many months? Im going to presume its for 100 years in which case...

300x12x33 = 120k

Lamborghini Mercielago ?
Thanks given by:
new car??? . .Speechless
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: