Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
Lol yeah, LDA spring out, no chance of LDA jammage then...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Think I'd rather have some sort of proper fueling on boost control though
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 01:00 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think I'd rather have some sort of proper fueling on boost control though

What a girl Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 01:00 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think I'd rather have some sort of proper fueling on boost control though

Why?! The LDA is so badly calibrated after we've f*cked with it it makes no difference... Remember, LDA is a fuel *reducer* not an adder...

It restricts fuel off boost, but as you know, once you've tuned the pump you can't just floor it at any time anyway, all it does it mean that if you ram your foot to the carpet it emits slightly more smoke than if the LDA was connected. Once you've reached about 5psi of boost, it's rammed all the way down anyway and there's no more restriction of fuel.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Well today I have replaced my leaky gearbox oil seal (would be the long shaft side).
Removed the PAS ram and rest of the piping for it so I'm now almost completely de-PAS.
Measured up for a shorter AUX belt (6pk780) to get rid of the PAS pump.
Started swapping to a ph2 wiring loom to see if that makes various bits like glow plugs and tacho work any better lol.

Sadly its raining now Sad
Thanks given by:
Use an elastic belt for the aux setup mate.

I use one on mine, all it's running is the alternator.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Could do but belts are cheap
Thanks given by:
I use one of these, requires no tensioners and works great...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-1-...4615497f00
JP
Thanks given by:
That one would be far too long but ill look into the elastic ones as loosing the tensioner would be another bonus.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I be looking at those belts soon, guna go EPAS coz Im not a giant muscle man like you Dumdum!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good to see this is coming along Chris, painful but progression is made Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 06:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah I be looking at those belts soon, guna go EPAS coz Im not a giant muscle man like you Dumdum!

Be aware of how noisy the EPAS pumps are. If you have room for it in the bay, it should be drowned out by the engine but if its under the boot floor like mine, anything below 10mph and you can hear it. I need to put a jacket on it or something to quieten it down.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 10:11 PM)Niall Wrote:
(20-03-2014, 06:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah I be looking at those belts soon, guna go EPAS coz Im not a giant muscle man like you Dumdum!

Be aware of how noisy the EPAS pumps are. If you have room for it in the bay, it should be drowned out by the engine but if its under the boot floor like mine, anything below 10mph and you can hear it. I need to put a jacket on it or something to quieten it down.

Have you tried mounting it with rubber fixings?
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 10:17 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(20-03-2014, 10:11 PM)Niall Wrote:

Have you tried mounting it with rubber fixings?

Its on its standard rubber bracket. Ive mounted it under the boot floor but cut a hole in the boot floor which brought the cap through flush with the floor. It a whine more than a rattle!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yep well aware of how noisy they are, had one on my black 306. I'm not going to put one on as no PAS is awesome.
Thanks given by:
Well i now have a working speedo again but have sadly lost 100k off my total. Still havent got the rev counter working. forgot the late 3 plug HDis have different wiring to the early ones so need to rob a section off an early HDi loom and make a patch cable. New loom also hasnt fixed the glow plug wiring but such is life.
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this beast!

Remind me what turbo its running.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Good progress mate. Quite a list of things to do from what you were saying to me the other day!

Get that next purchase lined up!!!! Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
It's a t2 iirc?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Buy my TD04L for it. You know it makes sense.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
If it's the stock 2.1 blower, it is a TD04 variant of some sort
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 05:03 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: If it's the stock 2.1 blower, it is a TD04 variant of some sort

No they're not mate. They smaller than that.

They are T2 sized. Mine was a T2 and Dumdums original was similar..some had the k14.

And I dont think a td04 has enough puff for it tbh, my GT2056s is starting to feel too small
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mines not running a standard turbo. its had a new one at some point and just has a makers plaque with a hand written serial number on like you get with a hybrid.

Anyway, it wont be getting a TD04 or a GT20 as I still have the GT2359V in the garage.
Thanks given by:
2.1s came with a TD04 09B or a TBO251 IIRC.

Quote:605 TD XUD11ATE 115 2.1/4 D TDO4 49177-07900 96 005 294 80

Really late ones came with a GT1549S
Thanks given by:
Baby td04 then.

Still got a huge snagging list in my head, need to write it down and start crossing bits off.
Thanks given by:
So ignoring all the things that I need to do to make the engine run properly I have bought myself some very big Non OEM shinys. I'd like to say becauseracecar but its more becausesixfootfourinchesandneedlegroom

[attachment=14541]
[attachment=14542]
[attachment=14543]

They've come with runners but I'm not sure if I'm going to actually use them. I'm going to make sub frames out of 3mm steel plate and then cover any showing bits of metal with a spare boot carpet to keep it looking factory (after painting it first). Not gonna use harnesses, got some rear seat seat belt plugs for the original belt to plug into. These will just get bolted through the plate (and a second strengthening plate).
Thanks given by:
Ooooh i like them. What are they from?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Those seats are lush man. Did t realise you were getting them so soon :p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Mmm, they look comfy!
Thanks given by:
Awesome seats mate, best sort the niggling issues first but then saying that they would be comfy in the house Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,868 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 355,285 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 158,854 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum