Remapping my 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remapping my 6
(29-01-2014, 12:43 AM)Martin306 Wrote:
(28-01-2014, 10:50 PM)Sian Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 07:02 PM)Martin306 Wrote: It was 190 odd hp on his engine, not yours. Tongue by the sounds of things.

In the same way, that plugging a GTI-6 ECU into an XSi works, engine appears to run normally. I did it for months, but it didn't give it 35hp+

Didnt say on my car did i! Although ive never put it on the dyno with it on ! But the throttle response is alot better with that ecu then the original! It doesnt work in a xsi ! Ive put it in the xsi it wont start its a 8v !

(28-01-2014, 01:53 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: Maybe I should put my low boost mapped ecu without the supercharger on my engine and I'll have 250+bhp...
Could have saved some money.

You obviously wont get that sort of gain as a super charger ! That a stupid comment! Im merely saying a gain of around 25hp maximum !

It works in a 16v XSi though Wink like mine was.

you bite too easily Tongue

Clearly not when i said about a million times it only works in ph1s 16v xsi's are ph2 arent they?
Thanks given by:
Has no-one on here ever had a freakishly powerfull engine thats stock then?

One of my first clio 16valvers that was high mileage but 1 lady owner put out 140+ on a clio16valver rolling road day at surrey rolling road Smile when some cammed and ITB ones were making less than the expected figures.

Also have a dyno printout with my Rallye to prove 169.9ATF and thats standard, very high mileage but been extremely well maintained.

Matt
Thanks given by:
ATF figures are pretty useless though as they can be adjusted very easily.. A WHP/ATW figure would be the one to concentrate on
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't tell whether this thread is a troll or not?

I cannot understand how fitting any other ECU can gain that amount of power - when the laws of physics dictate how much air can be drawn into an N/A engine.

At the end of the day, my stock GTi-6 with only inlet cam advance, K&N filter, sports cat and 2.5" system ran 177hp. 10hp up on stock? Hmm, I'm not so sure I buy that - but anywhich way it showed the engine was strong, and the whp figure supported it.

If I stick an ECU with loads of timing in it and extra fuelling - how is the engine going to get air to burn? The ECU CANNOT increase the airflow.. not possible.

All that will happen is the motor will run rich as fook and in all probability, loose power.

Change the air flow characteristics, with Cams, Throttle bodies, or some form of forced induction and it's a different ball game. You've got air, so add the fuel and you'll make more power.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Thats based on the fact that every standard engine left the factory with exactly 167hp... i dont buy that.

And too the equation that every engine is slightly de-tuned from the factory in the name of reliability and there is potential for VERY small gains to be had from a standard motor. Like you say about your own one 177 is prety optimistic but shows its a strong motor Smile same as i think mine showing 169 shows its a strong engine.

Unfortunately for me my current clio is a very different story lol 1.8 16v with cams, headwork, exhaust and induction and still doesnt even pull standard power on a dyno! fail

Matt
Thanks given by:
Matt, my response wasnt aimed at you mate - it was meant for the guy claiming 190hp with just an ECU!
JP
Thanks given by:
Oh no i gathered chap Smile wasnt arguing at all was agreeing with the majority of your statement.

I completely agree that to gain theoretically nearly 30bhp simply by using a different ECU on a stock engine is simply rediculous.

Some high compression forged ITB builds barely make that! but at the end of the day its the drivability and gearing / final drive that sort the men from the boys

Matt
Thanks given by:
....and kerb weight...
JP
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 12:19 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Has no-one on here ever had a freakishly powerfull engine thats stock then?

One of my first clio 16valvers that was high mileage but 1 lady owner put out 140+ on a clio16valver rolling road day at surrey rolling road Smile when some cammed and ITB ones were making less than the expected figures.

Also have a dyno printout with my Rallye to prove 169.9ATF and thats standard, very high mileage but been extremely well maintained.

Matt

My 106 GTI made 124bhp on one dyno and 126bhp on another, 120bhp is the book figure. Certainly felt healthy and was only on 73k...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I had a PH3 XSi (2.0 16v) with 135hp allegedly. Had no problems passing Corsa VXR, Mini coopers etc. Hit the limiter dead on 142mph no problem and still pulling. (that's off the clocks!) It died before we got the chance to stick it on a dyno.

Only removed the interior. 80,000 miles on it.

Definitely wasn't a 6 engine in it, only had a twin coil wasted spark and different injectors and cam covers and the schitty plastic inlet.

in FACT, I'll try to find the crail 1/4 mile times for it. It was faster than 6's by almost a whole second.

My 106 GTi could NOT catch it in a million years (I have a video of me attempting this too Wink )

So there, a freakishly fast standard car!
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 05:51 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 12:19 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Has no-one on here ever had a freakishly powerfull engine thats stock then?

Matt

My 106 GTI made 124bhp on one dyno and 126bhp on another, 120bhp is the book figure. Certainly felt healthy and was only on 73k...

Then GTis were always rolling well over stock. Some completely stock ones would run 140ish!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've seen two 106 GTi's roll 130hp and one roll nearer 140hp as Niall says... come to think of it, I don't ever remember seeing one ACTUALLY roll stock power! Tongue
JP
Thanks given by:
Mine really did pull like an animal, would stay dead level with my mates 200bhp mapped 1.8T Golf until the top of 3rd gear....
Thanks given by:
My silver golf pd130 ran 140bhp totally stock with a couple of minor boost leaks. One owner and 136k... Didn't roll the blue one before mods. It seems a lot of cars make more than book figures though.
Thanks given by:
I've always thought Peugeot under-rate stuff to get insurance down. Book 0-60 time for a '6 is 8.5, in reality its mid to high 7's.
Thanks given by:
They didn't under-rate them as such, they just slowed them down by adding a full tank and passengers afaik. So obviously if you're alone with half a tank they'll be quicker, though that's the 0-60 rather than the BHP figure. They wanted 6's to have a good BHP figure so you'd buy that over the XSi.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but that is deliberately fidding the figures by not using the industry standard...
Thanks given by:
True. Though I'd be surprised if any of the manufacturers produced truly accurate figures in all honesty lol.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 01:42 PM)jammapic Wrote: Matt, my response wasnt aimed at you mate - it was meant for the guy claiming 190hp with just an ECU!

Im a f*cking girl christ a life!!!
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 11:49 AM)Sian Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 01:42 PM)jammapic Wrote: Matt, my response wasnt aimed at you mate - it was meant for the guy claiming 190hp with just an ECU!

Good for you :-) Laws of physics still apply....
JP
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 01:04 PM)jammapic Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 11:49 AM)Sian Wrote:

Good for you :-) Laws of physics still apply....

Dont call me a guy then simple! And all i said was my partners boss uses it when he rallyed. I said i dont know nothing about it. But he had it on rolling road and had a 20 gain! I dont know what work he had done to the engine so instead of all getting like little boys and thinking you know it all stop giving me abuse end of! Think admin should close this thread!
Thanks given by:
Nothing against you at all Sian. It would seem that we all jumped on the same bandwagon - that things which are too good to be true, normally are.

No offence meant at all.

Don't worry about it - if you are happy with the car and how it goes, great, that's all that matters. We were just clearing up for other people who might read the thread that it's not as easy as just plugging in an ECU and making the best part of 200hp!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 10:39 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I've always thought Peugeot under-rate stuff to get insurance down. Book 0-60 time for a '6 is 8.5, in reality its mid to high 7's.

106 GTi book time is like, 8.7 or 8.8 seconds.

I timed mine multiple times, both directions on the same stretch of tarmac. Used engine rpm from OBD-II and calculated wheel size and I used the good ol stopwatch.

Averaged 6.8 seconds?? O_o that was with 1/4 tank of fuel, 15 degrees outside and dry conditions.

I'm very thorough in testing things Tongue

I also made a formula for calculating HP at the fly based on 0-60 time if I know the weight of the car. which I worked out to 136hp, and the dyno showed 138 Smile

also, I didn't jump on the bandwagon, I was trolling. I'll make sure to insert my sarcasm disclaimer next time, so you can interpret that as you wish! Rofl
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 02:24 PM)Martin306 Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 10:39 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I've always thought Peugeot under-rate stuff to get insurance down. Book 0-60 time for a '6 is 8.5, in reality its mid to high 7's.

I timed mine multiple times, both directions on the same stretch of tarmac. Used engine rpm from OBD-II and calculated wheel size and I used the good ol stopwatch.

Averaged 6.8 seconds?? O_o that was with 1/4 tank of fuel, 15 degrees outside and dry conditions.

I also made a formula for calculating HP at the fly based on 0-60 time if I know the weight of the car. which I worked out to 136hp, and the dyno showed 138 Smile

I'm not as thorough, but mine averaged about 7.4-7.5 without properly raping the clutch so yours sounds about right dynoing 10-15bhp more than mine. God I miss that car!
Thanks given by:
The fact is if there was such an ecu that just added 20 horse to a standard engine at least one ecu company would be cashing in on that and I bet many people on here would have them before even thinking about cams etc
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 02:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 02:24 PM)Martin306 Wrote:

I'm not as thorough, but mine averaged about 7.4-7.5 without properly raping the clutch so yours sounds about right dynoing 10-15bhp more than mine. God I miss that car!

I have had 4 106 GTi's so far and i think they are amazing little cars that punch well above theyre weight Smile

For anyone interested here is some pics of my Pug-Performance built cammed & blueprinted 106 GTi, pulled 157bhp on a dyno before i sold it on.

[Image: IMG00451-20111023-0951.jpg]

[Image: IMG00450-20111023-0951.jpg]

[Image: IMG00449-20111021-1158.jpg]

[Image: IMG00428-20111013-1422.jpg]

I do miss that car terribly but my friend now owns it and is treating it right, it hasnt turned a wheel since 2010!
Thanks given by:
God damn that's pretty Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile i used to have a black S1 106 Rallye also, wish i still had that too sit alongside the 306 rallye i have now lol

I have had 13 Saxos (all VTR's and VTS's), 4 106 GTi's (5 including the 16v converted XS), 7 Mk1 Clio 1.8 16valvers and a shit ton of other various vehicles including a landrover 110, 336bhp impresza STi, Octavia VRS and 3 MG Zr's lol

Yeah i kinda get bored of cars quickly or seem to get offered good money for them!

Matt
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 11:36 PM)S160six Wrote: The fact is if there was such an ecu that just added 20 horse to a standard engine at least one ecu company would be cashing in on that and I bet many people on here would have them before even thinking about cams etc

This happens in real life! Especially with modern engines which are heavily restricted for emissions purposes, economy and engine longevity. So a good remap could easily unlock that amount of power now.

306's are pretty well set up as standard though imo Tongue
Thanks given by:
[Image: penis-enlargement-cream.gif]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remapping PocketFighter 4 1,262 13-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Last Post: impotentials