Remapping my 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remapping my 6
Hi all wonder if anyone can help iv been told by a tuning company that they can give me 15-20 more bhp if i was to have a remap and a gain in fuel Ecconamy I'm a bit dubious myself
Thanks given by:
What was this tuning company? Sounds to me like one of these generic ones that's just a load of shite.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 01:43 PM)Niall Wrote: What was this tuning company? Sounds to me like one of these generic ones that's just a load of shite.
Redbitz automotive in Cannock mate
Thanks given by:
Ask them for a dyno graph that proves there claims..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 02:12 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Ask them for a dyno graph that proves there claims..

Better asking befor hand then I take it
Thanks given by:
Definitely, if they can't prove what they claim, then it's bullshit
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Complete the following well known phrase:

"If it sounds too good to be true......"

Put simply, the mapping is pretty good as standard and there simply isn't anything like 15-20hp to be gained from optimising on an otherwise standard / standardish car. Remember, considering it's the best part of 20 years old, 167hp was a very respectable output from an NA 2.0 litre engine when you consider that it's got pretty mild cams, no VVT, and emissions nonsense like catalyst.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeh im not sure with a 6 youd get much more without supporting mods. How much did they say it would cost? To map it properly youd probably have to get a stand alone ecu.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 06:37 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh im not sure with a 6 youd get much more without supporting mods. How much did they say it would cost? To map it properly youd probably have to get a stand alone ecu.

Not entirely true, Jammapic got his done properly didn't he?
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 06:39 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(22-01-2014, 06:37 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh im not sure with a 6 youd get much more without supporting mods. How much did they say it would cost? To map it properly youd probably have to get a stand alone ecu.

Not entirely true, Jammapic got his done properly didn't he?

yes. by going to 1 specific person in one specific area of the country. I believe its based on a P1 map in order to raise the limiter.
Thanks given by:
If there happy to prove it then do it with a no gain no payment method, But make sure it's on a independent rolling road thou as the Figures are dead easy to adjust. Bet they'll change there mind then. Even Superchips only claim 12bhp
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 07:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: yes. by going to 1 specific person in one specific area of the country. I believe its based on a P1 map in order to raise the limiter.

P1 map, eh?

Mine is a Ph3, fully custom mapped. You can set the rev limit to whatever you like upto iirc, 8160 (255x32) as it's the max the ECU can reference.

The Marelli ECU as used in the '6 is perfectly able to be remapped for big injectors, boost, throttle bodies, cams etc... everything.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the advice lads iv spoken with the. Implant they said they have done 40 gti 6 lol over the years but can not produce any evidence of dyno figures so I will will not be having my car mapped
Thanks given by:
As standard there not alot you can gain when compared to mapping a standard turbo diesel.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You probably will gain nothing, maybe at a push 1 or 2hp, if you set the cam timing slightly advanced, a touch of spark advance and map it to run on premium juice...

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I have a mysterious ecu which takes it up to around 192 bhp thats just the ecu!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 05:24 PM)Sian Wrote: I have a mysterious ecu which takes it up to around 192 bhp thats just the ecu!

That just sounds dodgy tbh. 190 is ITB territory!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 08:43 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-01-2014, 05:24 PM)Sian Wrote: I have a mysterious ecu which takes it up to around 192 bhp thats just the ecu!

That just sounds dodgy tbh. 190 is ITB territory!

How is it dodgey? Its the ecu adam got of his old boss with the maxi! Its a genuine unlocked one! its not a cheap fix! I dont know alot about it only that it is great fun Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So a totally stock motor, with a different ECU is putting out 190hp? Yeah, sure...
JP
Thanks given by:
Its a n class ecu or something i dont know alot about it except adams boss had it in for rallying as he has had it in alot of gti6s. Not trying to argue with anyone etc but its was prooven by dyno end of Smile
Thanks given by:
dyno's are easily adjusted to show different outputs.
Thanks given by:
Im not arguing about it boys! It wasnt adjusted or mucked about with so shh! Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok, so it's a totally stock engine?

How does the ecu get round the laws of physics?
JP
Thanks given by:
I do not know! Did say that. Like i said his ex boss used to rally gti 6s and he used it all the time with that ecu! I know when i plug it into mine it bypasses the immobilser and works . Tried it in the ph3 gti 6 i had and it wouldnt start. Its for ph1s
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 06:42 PM)Sian Wrote: I do not know! Did say that. Like i said his ex boss used to rally gti 6s and he used it all the time with that ecu! I know when i plug it into mine it bypasses the immobilser and works . Tried it in the ph3 gti 6 i had and it wouldnt start. Its for ph1s

It was 190 odd hp on his engine, not yours. Tongue by the sounds of things.

In the same way, that plugging a GTI-6 ECU into an XSi works, engine appears to run normally. I did it for months, but it didn't give it 35hp+
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Maybe I should put my low boost mapped ecu without the supercharger on my engine and I'll have 250+bhp...
Could have saved some money.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 01:53 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: Maybe I should put my low boost mapped ecu without the supercharger on my engine and I'll have 250+bhp...

Shhh don't tell Niall the secret!
Thanks given by:
Oh Shit Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 07:02 PM)Martin306 Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 06:42 PM)Sian Wrote: I do not know! Did say that. Like i said his ex boss used to rally gti 6s and he used it all the time with that ecu! I know when i plug it into mine it bypasses the immobilser and works . Tried it in the ph3 gti 6 i had and it wouldnt start. Its for ph1s

In the same way, that plugging a GTI-6 ECU into an XSi works, engine appears to run normally. I did it for months, but it didn't give it 35hp+

Didnt say on my car did i! Although ive never put it on the dyno with it on ! But the throttle response is alot better with that ecu then the original! It doesnt work in a xsi ! Ive put it in the xsi it wont start its a 8v !

(28-01-2014, 01:53 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: Maybe I should put my low boost mapped ecu without the supercharger on my engine and I'll have 250+bhp...

You obviously wont get that sort of gain as a super charger ! That a stupid comment! Im merely saying a gain of around 25hp maximum !
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2014, 10:50 PM)Sian Wrote:
(27-01-2014, 07:02 PM)Martin306 Wrote:

Didnt say on my car did i! Although ive never put it on the dyno with it on ! But the throttle response is alot better with that ecu then the original! It doesnt work in a xsi ! Ive put it in the xsi it wont start its a 8v !

You obviously wont get that sort of gain as a super charger ! That a stupid comment! Im merely saying a gain of around 25hp maximum !

It works in a 16v XSi though Wink like mine was.

you bite too easily Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remapping PocketFighter 4 1,257 13-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Last Post: impotentials