Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniroyal Rainsport 3
They do look soft but they dont sway about, steering seems pretty responsive.
Thanks given by:
Hmm was hoping they'd be better than that regarding sidewalls as my dad is interested in a set but at 225/40/18 you don't want soft sidewalls.
Thanks given by:
Id agree with Mcglynn
Very good tyres in my opinion, definitely worth the money, no swaying too as already said and also very responsive too, will buy another set of these for my next set
Thanks given by:
Ill be putting these on the rears when funds allow, hopefully tighten up the whole car! Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2014, 07:51 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Ill be putting these on the rears when funds allow, hopefully tighten up the whole car! Smile

Ive put them on all 4 wheels and they are great!
Only done about 70 miles on them so far but they feel really good already.
Thanks given by:
This is why people don't like Rainsport2's

[Image: 2AEF0695-E213-4BB6-9AA5-5D17F9AD651C.jpg]

They've done about 15,000 miles I reckon, approx 1 year and 2 months. They run at 36 psi too, after I noticed the shoulder wearing out. Annoyingly, they still stick like shit to a blanket even now! But will be shot of them in a couple of weeks.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Might wanna get your tracking checked too Chris....

Mine have also worn on the shoulder (still 2-3mm in the middle), but not that badly lol!
Thanks given by:
It's equal both sides and the tracking was done when I did both TRE's about 6 months ago. Because it's even across the axle I'm confident it's just my driving style which has killed them off!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, fair enough then, might wanna take those corners a bit easier lol!

Personally would still have tracking checked if you're replacing them though, I know 306s do run a bit of toe in but might be a little too much, although equal both sides.
Thanks given by:
I've found the same, shoulder wearing out quickly!
Thanks given by:
I bought 4 RS2s last year. Had a blow out on one after only a few months. So i now have 3 brand new RS2s and the price has gone up to £56 a tyre now! Sad I could buy two RS3s for that but better complete the set and run the same tyres all round :/
Thanks given by:
2 RS3s and 2 RS2s will be fine if that's cheaper! Sell the other RS2 as part worn or keep as a spare...

I've got RS2s on the front and RainExpert on the back of mine.
Thanks given by:
Tom of all people i would expect you to want absolute perfection that they were all the same!
Thanks given by:
It's good to have matching tyres across axles, less important to have matching all-round. Obviously it all helps, but we own 306s - we're clearly not made of money!!
Thanks given by:
Wanting perfection is different to having to pay for it though lol.
Thanks given by:
Been out on these again the last couple of days, they're not as bad as i remember tbf. Still not exactly fantastic, but for the money they're not bad.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The rain sport threes or twos?
Thanks given by:
Don't suppose anyones got a discount code for camskill?

Also, how much are you guys paying for fitting? Havent had tyres fitted for a couple of years so not sure what to expect...tenner per tyre for fitting and balance?
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 07:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't suppose anyones got a discount code for camskill?

Also, how much are you guys paying for fitting? Havent had tyres fitted for a couple of years so not sure what to expect...tenner per tyre for fitting and balance?

Yeah a tenner a tyre im paying for fitting, about average I think
Thanks given by:
RS3's are the same tread pattern as avons and they were great on the rover. I run RS2's all round on the pug and love then in the wet!
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2014, 08:50 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 05:07 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Apparantly the tread is around 10mm in places on these lol!

Ive heard that but doesnt look like it
Will have a check though

Think some people have been a bit optimistic with their measuring... I'd say 8.5mm max in the centre lol.

[Image: IMAG2998_zps333cda58.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In places Wink haha I didnt measure it myself if im honest, was just going by what I read though.

I therefore retract my statement
Thanks given by:
That's the deepest point I found. Tbf, on different sizes they might have more tread, but not on these ones lol.
Thanks given by:
Mine are probably more like 4.5 already lol [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Thanks given by:
Hope not! Tongue

Hoping they wear a little better than the RS2's in all honesty lol. And definitely better than Proxes!
Thanks given by:
In fairness ive drove about 10k miles since getting the car in late september lol, tyres arent my forte either with stage 2 being put through them & me being a bit on the harsher side lol
Thanks given by:
To only lose 4mm in 10k would be good tbh!
Thanks given by:
They've chance to premium tyres on camskill and tyre trader. So they're now £80 a corner. :-(
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p11161...se%3A_71dB

Ive done about 3k if that on them tom lol!
Thanks given by:
What size Kent!? Confused

(13-02-2014, 08:33 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Ive done about 3k if that on them tom lol!

Ah, misread haha Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rainsport 3 Confusion! Toms306 36 13,259 17-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rainsport 2's or rainexperts Louis123 29 5,338 05-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub