Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniroyal Rainsport 3
Lol yeah i know what you mean. They don't do the PE2 now. They have merged it with the PS3 range but its effectively the same tyre. I wouldn't have anything else now!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I just ordered two raisnport 3's there, 50 fitted and balanced a corner.

Shall get the two fronts done soon and do the back next month more than likely.
Thanks given by:
LOL Liam, can't really argue with that...

(08-01-2014, 02:20 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Not much of an experience with them then?

RS2's IMO are a great tyre. I've ran them on 2 different 306's and an MX5. I'd say dry grip is pretty bloody good...

More than enough lol, they're on the missus' 205. They've turned it into understeer central, it's horrible, dry grip is pretty similar to... a greasy rag? Meh, maybe i got a bad batch or i'm expecting too much from them, but with the rave reviews they get from those like yourself i expected better.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tyres delivered this morning, will be putting it on the car in a few weeks

[attachment=12612]

(could be longer than a few weeks depends on if my final cyclone is found by Paisley Freight in their warehouse or with the courier they used! Not going to be using them again to be honest, 3 came on the right day the other is currently missing)
Thanks given by:
Apparantly the tread is around 10mm in places on these lol!
Thanks given by:
Oooh, will replace the tyres on my steelies with these when the RS2s eventually wear out. Although, if the sidewall is much better I might forget my ideas of gettign summer tyres and just run these year round...hmmm
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2014, 05:07 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Apparantly the tread is around 10mm in places on these lol!

Ive heard that but doesnt look like it
Will have a check though

(10-01-2014, 05:25 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Oooh, will replace the tyres on my steelies with these when the RS2s eventually wear out. Although, if the sidewall is much better I might forget my ideas of gettign summer tyres and just run these year round...hmmm

Really cheap! Im just gunna run these year round, not sure about comparing it with the RS2 though, must be at least a bit better than the old RS2 though you would think
Thanks given by:
Tread is proper deep on the RS2s actually, 8-9mm even after 5k miles!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
What did you measure that with Liam?

Done 5k on my 'new' one (had to be replaced when the snapped spring killed the other one) and there's only about 6mm on it now. Drivers side has done a couple more thou but spins up a lot so is around 3mm now. Sad
Thanks given by:
With a straight edge pal. That was one of the backs though.
Thanks given by:
Oh....rear tyres don't ever wear! lol I've still got the same tyres on my rear 'clones that I bought them with in 2009 lol, been through 2 sets of fronts in that time though!
Thanks given by:
Thats why youre supposed to rotate front to back tom -.-
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't you rotate your tyres??
Thanks given by:
Why? So I can buy 4 new tyres at once instead of just 2? Seems sensible... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Just had a look, 7mm on the fronts.
Thanks given by:
Ah, that sounds more reasonable lol. Didn't realise they started with so much tbf, think the T1Rs only started with about 8mm lol.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2014, 05:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why? So I can buy 4 new tyres at once instead of just 2? Seems sensible... Tongue

So your rear tyres don't get so old they're unsafe? Seems sensible to me...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 10:18 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 05:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why? So I can buy 4 new tyres at once instead of just 2? Seems sensible... Tongue

So your rear tyres don't get so old they're unsafe? Seems sensible to me...

Especially as a puncture on the rear is a lot more unsafe than a puncture on the front, so you're also keeping the older tyres at the front which are the ones that have a higher chance of going.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I've just ordered a set of these.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Mine are due to be fitted tomorrow will report back how they are Wink
Thanks given by:
Nice, my local tyre place can balance centreless wheels so as soon as I get mine I'll be booking to have mine put on as well!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well got these fitted today!

Now makes for a nicer drive at higher speeds (down to balancing really) and they are leagues above my budget tyres which were on before, right from the word go (no scrubbing time allowed)

The car now happily steps the rear out which is a clear message for me to get some rear tyres on it! It also doesnt spin the wheels, before it would spin after about 2.5k due to the nature of my mapping but now the clutch is getting any abuse the tyres used to.

Overall im happy and will be buying new ones for the rears when funds allow!
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2014, 04:20 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Well got these fitted today!

Now makes for a nicer drive at higher speeds (down to balancing really) and they are leagues above my budget tyres which were on before, right from the word go (no scrubbing time allowed)

The car now happily steps the rear out which is a clear message for me to get some rear tyres on it! It also doesnt spin the wheels, before it would spin after about 2.5k due to the nature of my mapping but now the clutch is getting any abuse the tyres used to.

Overall im happy and will be buying new ones for the rears when funds allow!

What a day to get

Good review, im looking forward to getting mine fitted now
Thanks given by:
Forgot to mention.. I had 'wrote what a day to get' and forgot to finish my post..

[Image: zyjunanu.jpg]

What a day to get them fitted was what I wanted to say!
Thanks given by:
Mine got fitted today, and initial impressions on the drive home were good, far, far better than the budget brand tyres I had on before.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Someone test how stiff the sidewalls are, at a reasonable speed, ~60ish maybe, turn quickly one way and then the other, and see how quickly it responds.
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 05:19 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Someone test how stiff the sidewalls are, at a reasonable speed, ~60ish maybe, turn quickly one way and then the other, and see how quickly it responds.

Also film it, Id like to watch what happens next lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha ive done this but not to the extreme you mention.

The sidewalls are pretty soft LOOKING as the tyres look like the is 20 psi in then when theres really 36 psi.

They don't 'swoosh' well I dont think they do although my experience with tyres is limited.
Thanks given by:
They felt pretty stiff on the way home, certainly more than the budgets I had on, and more than p6000s although they are hardly a good benchmark against which to compare quality tyres.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah to clarify I don't mean armfulls of lock, only need a little bit of steering angle Tongue

And if they still look like they're flat, like RS2s that's not a great sign!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rainsport 3 Confusion! Toms306 36 13,259 17-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rainsport 2's or rainexperts Louis123 29 5,337 05-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub