Stripped out;

Cage;

Needed painting, so decided to change the colour;

And in the back!

Thanks given by:
ooo nice Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is the car that made me want to buy the astor gret Xs today Big Grin fine looking motor there mate!
Thanks given by:
Absolute win! Nice one buddy
Thanks given by:
That is gawjus!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell mate you didnt hang about lol, looks nice in that colour
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
just need all that boot trim/side trim flocked to make it look the jazz
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Very nice mate, apparently the standard ECU doesnt like boost which is why al the supercharger kits run the throttle body pre charger which has some massive downsides.

A megasquirt ECU kit would only cost about £400
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Very nice mate, apparently the standard ECU doesnt like boost which is why al the supercharger kits run the throttle body pre charger which has some massive downsides.

A megasquirt ECU kit would only cost about £400

The standard ECU can't work with boost. The bodge way of doing it is terrible and they can have all sorts of running issues.
Also, don't use megasquirt. Its crap. If your buying an ECU and paying someone quite a bit of cash to map it, you want something good and reliable like DTA/Omex/Emerald etc. More costly but you need to remember that they last for ages normally. Megasquirts don't and considering it contains a map that you will probably pay 4-500 quid for that you could loose, id want something reliable!

Oh and there is no reason why you can't use the standard inlet. Im only using a different one on my SC build because the inlet manifold is right in the way of where my charger will be mounted but because the turbo will be mounted on top of the box, that won't matter for you. If your going turbo, you will have to go aftermarket ECU. Only reason the bodge ECU works on the lynx kit is because a supercharger delivers linear power. A turbo won't.

Cage looks great btw! I always thought candy purple went well with astor. Just a shame Scott never manned up and painted the wheels this colour Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's not candy purple Wink
Thanks given by:
meh. Looks it. lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 01:11 PM)Niall Wrote: meh. Looks it. lol

Tried a matte puple from halfords. Artfx or something like that. Covers pretty easily
Thanks given by:
You can't say Megasquirt is crap. It depends entirely on what you want to do... If you want to learn how to do things yourself and be more involved it's a great option. Yes, not everybody can map them, and that's the downside. There wouldn't be so many people running it if it were crap!
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 03:39 PM)Curt Wrote: You can't say Megasquirt is crap. It depends entirely on what you want to do... If you want to learn how to do things yourself and be more involved it's a great option. Yes, not everybody can map them, and that's the downside. There wouldn't be so many people running it if it were crap!

The reason i say that is because compared to other makes, they seem to be prone to hardware failures. Mainly dry joints. Considering that most people will pay a company to map it for them, you are basically paying £500ish for that bit of software on that ECU and if it fails, you have lost that software.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Fair enough, I can't say I've heard of many, if any, failures.

Cage look awesome that colour!
Thanks given by:
As with curt, cant say I've heard of any megasquirt issues, not from anyone who has bought a complete new unit rather than soldering it themselves anyway.

Megasquirt is dead easy to map (I've read the tutorials and had a play with the software) and reliable and also as you only need a serial cable to link up to a lap top if your at all worried about it and you can download the map and keep a copy on your computer.
Thanks given by:
I did a lot of reading before i bought my omex and a lot of the ford forums use megasquirt or eta and I've seen a lot that have said their megasquirts have failed.
Tbh its all down to personal and mapper preference. Most of them do the same thing but as always, you get mappers who prefer certain ECUs. Other thing when buying older ECUs is to think about future compatibility. If you have a DTA E48 for example and it gives up and you decide to put your map backup onto a new S40 pro, it won't work and you will need a new map making.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Omex ftw.

Its not difficult to map yaself either
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Right-o, MOT week.
Haven't booked it yet as I need a new windscreen first Sad
Fingers crossed it'll pass after that though!
Thanks given by:
12 months MOT again now!
Needed a new droplink, rear shock and new lambda to pass.
However even with a new lambda it was darn close. Max limit is 1.030, actual reading was 1.018 haha!
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 04:53 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: 12 months MOT again now!
However even with a new lambda it was darn close. Max limit is 1.030, actual reading was 1.018 haha!

Was it a genuine Bosch lambda? If not, i bet its got the wrong one on it as the GTi ones are not the same as these generic ones. They are calibrated differently.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Late to the party here, but that cage looks epic in candy purple!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 05:23 PM)Niall Wrote:

Was it a genuine Bosch lambda? If not, i bet its got the wrong one on it as the GTi ones are not the same as these generic ones. They are calibrated differently.

From Pug so I assume so.
Had cold/flu/nasty stuff so left it with them to do that. Local garage (read next door) so trust them pretty well.
It's passed so either way I'm happy!

(13-12-2013, 05:24 PM)Grant Wrote: Late to the party here, but that cage looks epic in candy purple!

Cheers buddy!
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 05:27 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(13-12-2013, 05:23 PM)Niall Wrote:

From Pug so I assume so.
Had cold/flu/nasty stuff so left it with them to do that. Local garage (read next door) so trust them pretty well.
It's passed so either way I'm happy!

Ouch bet you got shafted for that! Sure they are £195 from pug!?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 05:27 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: [quote='Niall' pid='364777' dateline='1386955424']

Ouch bet you got shafted for that! Sure they are £195 from pug!?

Well it wasn't that much, I can tell you that haha!
Either way it runs smoother in traffic than before, as sometimes it was a nightmare!
Thanks given by:
Probably wasn't from Pug then unless they got a deal. Check its a genuine Bosch one otherwise i bet thats the reason why its still high. Wrong calibration.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Slight change to wheels. Nothing major though!
Thanks given by:
nice to meet you today! will keep an eye on your thread!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2013, 08:22 PM)JamesG Wrote: nice to meet you today! will keep an eye on your thread!

Same for you buddy!
Few more bits to come yet. Need to save for buckets next!
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2013, 08:24 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(21-12-2013, 08:22 PM)JamesG Wrote: nice to meet you today! will keep an eye on your thread!

Same for you buddy!
Few more bits to come yet. Need to save for buckets next!

Sounds good mate! Need anything else just let me know you have my number!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor grey Xs project :) underground375 30 4,609 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Last Post: underground375
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 41,593 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Carlos182's Bike Build Carlos182 0 1,248 24-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlos182