Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6
After my 406 V6 got written off (thread here) I had a big urge to buy a 6 again. I've already owned a nile phase 2 DTurbo, a low mileage (28k when I bought it!) mint nile phase 2.5 GTi-6, and a throttle bodied/cammed/you name it S16, so this one had to be a bit more special, and I knew I wanted one either in astor or bianca. One morning I found an 84k astor GTi-6 for sale on gumtree, and gave the guy a call. The bodywork is in extremely good condition, with only a couple of minor dents on the bonnet and a scratch on the bottom of the bumper.

Anyway, enough talking, here it is:

At the moment it's got a K&N panel filter, and shadow chrome cyclones. As you might be able to see from the first picture, they're in need of a refurb, however I do still have my speedline turinis which will be going back on it. I also need to refit the splitter as this one seems to have lost its splitter on the way.

Plans are to spray the petrol caps pur-...wait, sorry, that's Kim's 6 lol

I want to fit the turinis and splitter for now, and another exhaust as this is a pattern part exhaust and hangs a bit high for my liking. I'd like to drop it a bit too, but I'm thinking of waiting until I can get some coilovers, and 21mm torsion bars for the rear and do the drop all at once. Also black (well astor actually) masks, as they'll look epic.

I'll take some proper photos once I've given it a good clean/clay/polish/wax and have the turinis on ninja Should be this weekend if all goes to plan!
Thanks given by:
It will already have 21mm tbs unless it's had a beam swap!

It does look pretty mint!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looks smart man. Any plans for the engine?
Thanks given by:
Think he's learnt from the S16 that modded engines have more issues lol
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
lmao nice collection you have going on there, looks tidy enough does that mate, will be better with your wheels on though Smile

Kimmie Wrote:Think he's learnt from the S16 that modded engines have more issues lol

And do about 3 miles per gallon.................
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Steal my pic lol.

Nice car though.
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:It will already have 21mm tbs unless it's had a beam swap!

It does look pretty mint!
Thanks man. It'll look even better after a machine polish whistle I'll go get some bacon lol

The 21mm TBs only came on the Xsara VTS or some estates Wink To the best of my knowledge that was it anyway.

Dan! Wrote:Looks smart man. Any plans for the engine?
No bodies/cams or anything this time mate. Cambelt needs doing which I aim to have done this weekend. I would consider a proper induction kit, and also want to change the exhaust, but I won't be fitting blowers on it if that's what you really meant Wink

Cheers Mark! Can't wait to get them properly cleaned and waxed, they've been sat in my garage for a bit now.

lol Mark I thought it looked pretty smart, it's a compliment 8-) Came out well despite you moaning how it was a shit colour to photograph haha
Thanks given by:
You should have seen some of the other pics. Your car eats light.
Thanks given by:
That's cos it's a ninja car ninja
Thanks given by:
Cracking car Scott, love it!

I swear yours should have 21mm front and rear however?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Nope 19mm on pov spec, 21 on gti/XS/hdi (I think) and a 24mm ARB. You can tell by the coloured bands on them but can't remember for the life of me which is which! Will have a look at mine tomorrow.

Or you could just measure them lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looks shit.
It's a shit colour
Shit engine
Shit shadow chrome
Just shit really

Hate.you.
Nah I f*cking love it. Proper jealous of you and Kim with your '6s lol. Wish I had the money to get one. But doubt that's ever going to happen
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
whistle
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah. Your wheels are shit so you best give them to me ninja
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Clones are horrible Scott, theyd look nice on a silver car...like MYA. The dark wheels against a light car...

The car looks really tidy fella, I'm really pleased for you mate! To judge from pics on the two 6's you've had...I like your old one BUT when I see this one in the flesh, I'm sure I'll change my mind Wink. Lots of carbon-fibre for this one, stealth looking Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
lol Niall. GTi-6 torsion bars are definitely 20mm mate, that's why the Xsara VTS bars are so sought after.

Cheers Chris Wink When you coming to a meet mate? Not seen you in years.
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome mate!
Didn't even clock this was your car at ace haha thought you had come in Kim's or something haha
So its just Matty and matt from the admins that now need 6's lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice, if I were to get a '6 it would be an Astor ph3!!

Looks lovely !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:Clones are horrible Scott, theyd look nice on a silver car...like MYA. The dark wheels against a light car...

The car looks really tidy fella, I'm really pleased for you mate! To judge from pics on the two 6's you've had...I like your old one BUT when I see this one in the flesh, I'm sure I'll change my mind Wink. Lots of carbon-fibre for this one, stealth looking Wink

But then, my 6 is almost identical, so he's got the best of both worlds really Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So where are the pics of these Phase4 headrests? I wanna know what I'm missing?! lmao

Seriously though mate, looks a proper tidy car. All those mis-spent hours at work searching for a '6 for you paid off lol!
Wish I could've got a closer look at it in the light but I was slightly preoccupied by trying to get my throttle cable in a workable state so I could actually get my car home!!!

We need to meet up for a detailing session Tongue

PS agreed you need LOTS of Farbon Cibre Big Grin
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Mmmm an astor 6, the only colour I'd have except China! Looks awesome Scott! Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah correct you are. Gti is 20mm and pov is 17mm
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:We need to meet up for a detailing session :

I keep telling you. Get your arse up here with some bacon and bread and we can do yours, foobys Scott's and Kim's (not all in 1 day though lol)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Cheers Chris Wink When you coming to a meet mate? Not seen you in years.

Love to mate but don't have much free time Sad. When I work my partner doesn't and visa versa, then little Charlie takes up the rest of my time lol. Its taken me 2 weeks to plan me spending time working on the car this weekend + it's a wheel bearing lmao

We shall have to sort something out, west country meet or..?

True kimmie...

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Ah correct you are. Gti is 20mm and pov is 17mm

And mine are 21mm Muahahahahaha :dance:
Thanks given by:
Looks like a brilliant find! And the killer question... what did it set you back? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:
Scott Wrote:Cheers Chris Wink When you coming to a meet mate? Not seen you in years.

Love to mate but don't have much free time Sad. When I work my partner doesn't and visa versa, then little Charlie takes up the rest of my time lol. Its taken me 2 weeks to plan me spending time working on the car this weekend + it's a wheel bearing lmao

We shall have to sort something out, west country meet or..?

True kimmie...
Karting on the 29th whistle
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:Looks like a brilliant find! And the killer question... what did it set you back? Big Grin

Swapped it for some x5 rims ninja
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
SRowell Wrote:Looks like a brilliant find! And the killer question... what did it set you back? Big Grin

Swapped it for some x5 rims ninja

REP!! Owait, THAT's what he swapped for it....
Thanks given by:
I can't go ... Sad

I was thinking of a west country meet called "cheddar meet" but not nesessarily in cheddar ninja

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astor grey Xs project :) underground375 30 4,483 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Last Post: underground375
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,485 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Carlos182's Bike Build Carlos182 0 1,214 24-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlos182