Where do you do your food shop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you do your food shop
Bit of an odd one but im curious. Myself and housemates along with parents at home have always done Asda as our main weekly shop. Always seems to have been the cheapest and even the smart price stuff aint half bad most of the time

But after seeing Aldi come up on mysupermarket cheaper than asda I thought id be adventurous this year and try Aldi and the farmfoods next door. So far I quite like Aldi their "like brands" make me chuckle with knock off pringles to tresemme shampoo and their 69p ketchup is some of the best ive had.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Asda.
Me and misstap used aldi once or twice and liked it but it has no range and is just a bit tooo cheap for my liking.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Tesco. Only because I don't really have an Asda local... Used to go to Asda weekly with my mate when I was staying in Crawley, it is good and I would probably prefer it.
Thanks given by:
tesco only because of my clubcard and its convenience
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
I used to always use Tesco as that was closest, now Sainsblobs is closer to me, I use that...

I've used Aldi a bit, but I normally want to murder people when I go there - all their products are just thrown on the floor for you to root through, it's like feeding time at the zoo... They can't even be arsed to open the outer packaging for you, so if there's a pallet of cartons of drink, you'll end up having to put your basket down, stand there like an ape trying to get into the box of them so you can take one... Then the random order starts to piss me off, you go through peanuts to crisps (ok..) then next it's some cat food, then swiftly onto arc welders, then onto milk, then onto sweetcorn, then to hi viz jackets, then to a pack of gammon, then over to a car valet set... It's like WTF get some f*cking sense of order...

Then to top it all off, you go to the checkout - you'll queue for half an hour whilst some dreary old twat tries to get the correct change, then you finally get served, the conveyor (the expensive bit!!!) is like f*cking 45ft long, but the actual bit at the end where your paid for stuff goes is around half a foot, so they literally end up throwing your f*cking food on the floor!!! Then you get seriously eyeballed if you don't grab ALL your stuff and f*ck off to the back table like a remedial to then pack it into your carrier bags... I'd genuinely rather go to Sainsburys, probably spend £5-10 more on my shopping, eat better food that ISN'T imported from god knows where, the money goes into our economy, they don't throw the shit you JUST paid for on the floor, have to do the employees job for them and you don't get treated like a prisoner/remedial/serial rapist...

</rant>
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Aldi is too foreign for me lol.

I find a lot of ASDA stuff upsets my stomach as they cram it with onions and garlic and stuff to give cheap, bland shit some flavour. Tesco is an Extra so is too big and I get lost, go there occasionally though, they all price match between the big 4 anyway. So I tend to use Sainsburys most of the time, mainly as theres one in the town centre so I don't have to drive any further if Im already in town.....got about £40 worth of Nectar points too now lol, don't get those from Aldi. lol Sainsburys also have the best deals for me, ie 3 chicken things for a fiver.
Thanks given by:
Sainsburys or waitrose just because they are close and easy to get to and the food is good!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sainsburys. As its 5 mins from my flat. Use to be Asda till I moved too the island. They don't have one here Sad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I agree with the conveyor thing it is the length of half the shop lol
I thought it was fairly well stacked though, lidl is just awful for that kind of thing though like they just wheel in the pallet and throw it somewhere in the shop.

Few Sainsbury's lovers out there only ones near me are the small ones so never really considered them.

Wonder where ed doe shops..

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 10:18 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Wonder where ed doe shops..

Ocado surely... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Tesco for the main shop (will be Asda when one opens in town)

Farm shop for meat and certain veg and Waitrose or M&S after 4pm for the reductions (some of which are frankly bonkers)

I tried Aldi this week and f*cking hated it. Could of killed most of the customers (bar a couple of fit students). There is no choice, the own brand stuff i tried when straight in the bin, the fruit and veg was all battered with little selection and most of it was the same price or barely cheaper than Tesco. Took me 15mins queuning at the till and the only real saving was about 40p off 4 pints of milk but ill stomach £2 a month and stay with Tesco for now. I actually ended up in Tesco 2 hours later just to get what I want.

I totally agree with Ruan, I'm not being posh or owt as i do £200-£300 in Tesco a month so saving 10% would be useful but Aldi are just arseholes.
Thanks given by:
Asda. Or as us yorkshiremen call it..'Tasda.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Asda for everything except meat from my mates wholesale butchers (SLG Meats in Meanwood if anyone local wants to check it out), veg oil from Costco and baccy from a bloke in my local lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I love Sainsburys, Asda is also class and i dont have a problem with Tesco either. Aldi and Lidls suck and so does Morrisons.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I find Aldi is rather expensive, confusing, poor quality, and low weights/quantity. I only ever pop in to get the Thursday leaflets off them and Lidl to see what things they have on offer for motoring / DIY / home etc. We live almost exclusively off white label cheap processed crap it's simply all we can afford, my weekly shop for me, the missus, and the littl'un is a absolute maximum of £25 a week for everything, not just food but cleaning products, washing powder etc. and when it comes to choice and quality of own brand white label stuff Sainsburys wins hands down over Asdas smart price or Tescos value. The only time we get decent, real fresh food is literally by getting lucky in the reduced short date fridges on meats or stalking the fella walking round with the reduction gun but they always get freaked out eventually and bugger off to a staff only area.
Thanks given by:
Aldi for cheap bread/milk,bits and bobs and the odd random bargain..

Asda for Fresh pizza and most other supermarket shopping

Local shops for fruit/veg, meat and other niceties

All the above is 20 min walk from my house.

Aldi really really fucks me off when you check out...it's almost like they don't want your money lol you get used to it
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 10:59 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: Tbh I find Aldi is rather expensive, confusing, poor quality, and low weights/quantity. I only ever pop in to get the Thursday leaflets off them and Lidl to see what things they have on offer for motoring / DIY / home etc. We live almost exclusively off white label cheap processed crap it's simply all we can afford, my weekly shop for me, the missus, and the littl'un is a absolute maximum of £25 a week for everything, not just food but cleaning products, washing powder etc. and when it comes to choice and quality of own brand white label stuff Sainsburys wins hands down over Asdas smart price or Tescos value. The only time we get decent, real fresh food is literally by getting lucky in the reduced short date fridges on meats or stalking the fella walking round with the reduction gun but they always get freaked out eventually and bugger off to a staff only area.

I recommend iceland...
Not because I work there. But it's cheap for but still really good quality! I've tried Lots of different stuff and loved it all.

Where i live I have at least 1 of every shop within 10 minute drive. So I've tried all all and price/quality is Iceland.

Mum always shops they're because discount Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Asda for the weekly and a monthly trip to a farm shop in Mirfield for meat.

Sometimes Morriston too.
Thanks given by:
we live near nothing. seriously.
so its a little tesco or online shopping.

asda is cheap n I find surprisingly nice service....but tesco price matches and you get points n money off vouchers which makes it the same if not cheaper.

tesco rule the world
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol at all the people hating on Aldi :-P I pretty much only ever shop there, can get 99 percent of what I need, its pretty good quality and nearly half the price of Sainsbury's (where I work, and the only other supermarket in the area). If you cook everything from scratch, and only buy raw materials the difference in quality is negligible, obviously there is more variation in ready meals and stuff.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Live almost exclusively on petrol stations so Co op for most things lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Lol depends what im after frozen food is iceland cupbord stuff aldi veg is asda i genrally just live off crisps and choclot bars so im not fussed were it comes from lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Local butchers for meat, lidl for expensive, longer-life stuff like cereal, cheese, squash, etc, and asda for eveything else.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 10:17 PM)Matt Wrote: Sainsburys. As its 5 mins from my flat. Use to be Asda till I moved too the island. They don't have one here Sad

This gave me a flashback of when I had to introduce Ginge to Asda.... He's a convert now. Along with Subway and running water
Thanks given by:
I work for asda, I wont shop there at all, I will go to lidle or sainsburys
Thanks given by:
[Image: Screenshot_2013-09-06-14-38-31-1.png]

Bury market £60 for all this and then veg n stuff on the market or aldi lasts me just under a month
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's a lot of meat :O

Thanks given by:
Harrods for those who were wondering.

Or M&S if one is running slightly close to the wind of a month...

Jeeves does the shopping though, naturally. One could catch a proletarian disease if one went shopping....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 02:08 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Harrods for those who were wondering.

Or M&S if one is running slightly close to the wind of a month...

Jeeves does the shopping though, naturally. One could catch a proletarian disease if one went shopping....

You f*cking legend.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one Ed lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know much about body shop prices Orta 7 2,071 04-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Last Post: toseland
  We have a shop! Niall 34 11,144 26-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Shiny
  photo shop request please daniel909 18 3,571 25-09-2014, 05:53 AM