Anyone know much about body shop prices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know much about body shop prices
Hi all.

Don't worry it's not for the Rallye!

I know prices can vary wildly from place to place but in my area there's quite a few bodyshops who I'm sure represent everything from the top end to the bottom end so hoping to get some sort of price estimate on the attached pic.

It's a 206 SW I'm thinking of going to view but it's a long way from me so wanted to at least have a discussion about price over the phone. So to that end I was wondering how much the damage in the pic would set me back? 

It looks like a ding that's not broken the paint and a scuff on the colour coded run strip. The pic from the side on doesnt indicate any further damage. So before I make a phone call can anyone shed some light on the repair costs? £50? £100? £200? £300?

Cheers
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Pic??
Thanks given by:
Without seeing in person it's hard to estimate a price but just to give you a ball park I charge £150 per panel and £50 for a blend if needed, not sure of the prices over your way but we come out very competitive in this area, hope this helps fella
Thanks given by:
D'oh pic now attached

(04-03-2015, 01:17 PM)Choppin Wrote: Without seeing in person it's hard to estimate a price but just to give you a ball park I charge £150 per panel and £50 for a blend if needed, not sure of the prices over your way but we come out very competitive in this area, hope this helps fella

Kings Lynn isn't a world a way from me. Used to work there actually so you may have won sum business ;-) 
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Happy days!! Big Grin Haha would have thought the bumper would be damaged to get a dent like that in the 1/4 but you maybe lucky there mate, like I said to give you a proper quote we will need to see it in person but I would imagine it would b around £200 to £250 at the worst fella, let me know if you buy it and il give you our address and if you don't know already we do trade work all the way to AC Schnitzer show cars so she will be in safe hands
Thanks given by:
Does that worst case figure cover the bumper or just the panel?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Bumper as well fella and iv only gone that high as don't know the condition of the bumper and don't wana disappoint you and quote you somthing higher after you have bought it, would like to think it would be less than that but my job can be a nightmare to quote without seeing it, you never know what's hiding
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2015, 11:55 AM)Orta Wrote: Hi all.

Don't worry it's not for the Rallye!

I know prices can vary wildly from place to place but in my area there's quite a few bodyshops who I'm sure represent everything from the top end to the bottom end so hoping to get some sort of price estimate on the attached pic.

It's a 206 SW I'm thinking of going to view but it's a long way from me so wanted to at least have a discussion about price over the phone. So to that end I was wondering how much the damage in the pic would set me back? 

It looks like a ding that's not broken the paint and a scuff on the colour coded run strip. The pic from the side on doesnt indicate any further damage. So before I make a phone call can anyone shed some light on the repair costs? £50? £100? £200? £300?

Cheers

If it helps one of the most recommended body shops in the area was quoting be around £200 to £250 to respray both front wings and completely redo the bonnet (to blend it all in and make sure it matched). this is for a moonstone one, its a hard colour to blend and match.. others will be easier but i should imagine the cost would be much the same

if its any help that is.. prices are in South wales!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server prices vs Desktop prices silverzx 54 11,258 23-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: procta
  We have a shop! Niall 34 11,133 26-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Shiny
  photo shop request please daniel909 18 3,565 25-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb