Stuck on my next choise of car :/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck on my next choise of car :/
(03-01-2013, 10:58 AM)Tom Wrote: Forgive me for being dumb here but whats better about an s16 compared to a '6 or a Wallye?

Also my input. EP3 CTR. Sorted Smile

Blahblahblah 'sounds more oldschool' blahblahblah 'feels more raw' blahblahblah 'OOOOOOOWWWW my avac system' blahblahblah 'faster limiter noise'

But several carlengths behind a gti6.

The end
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 11:15 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: 'OOOOOOOWWWW

Sound like anyone?
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2013, 06:37 PM)sam Wrote: Fair point ruan but I want to get out of the french side of cars and explore with jap as I cant stand german as there really really boring and I want to staty doing track days to.... but I dont want to finish on the dt and want an s16/gti6 bit for the sake price for the bits for a 306 for what I want you can gain more with a gt4 :/

Also, forgive me if I've misinterpreted this, but if you're looking to get out of the french scene, why on earth are you considering a gti6/s16, or indeed any other french car.

And for my tuppence worth, ep3s are wet on the limit, and only very slightly quicker than a '6 anyway; there are better ways to spend £4k imo....
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 11:15 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 10:58 AM)Tom Wrote: Forgive me for being dumb here but whats better about an s16 compared to a '6 or a Wallye?

Blahblahblah 'sounds more oldschool' blahblahblah 'feels more raw' blahblahblah 'OOOOOOOWWWW my avac system' blahblahblah 'faster limiter noise'

The end

*unless it's Ed's GTI6, in which case it's

VS

Blahblahblah 'sounds more tappy 'feels shorter on one side' blahblahblah 'OOOOOOOWWWW my camber adjustable top mounts' blahblahblah 'bloody invisible BMW'

Several car lengths behind a bicycle

The end
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao Repped!
Thanks given by:
Oh Ed, you do leave yourself open to it...
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 11:18 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:15 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:

The end

VS

Blahblahblah 'sounds more tappy 'feels shorter on one side' blahblahblah 'OOOOOOOWWWW my camber adjustable top mounts' blahblahblah 'bloody invisible BMW'

The end

Least it's not

Blahblahblah 'my headgasket' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died'.............................................................
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 11:21 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:18 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:15 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Blahblahblah 'sounds more oldschool' blahblahblah 'feels more raw' blahblahblah 'OOOOOOOWWWW my avac system' blahblahblah 'faster limiter noise'

The end

VS

The end

Least it's not

Blahblahblah 'my headgasket' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died' blahblahblah 'new turbo died'.............................................................

lmao

Need a cuddle Ed?
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 11:25 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:21 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:18 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: *unless it's Ed's GTI6, in which case it's

VS

The end

Least it's not

lmao

Need a cuddle Ed?

No I'm fine over here sulking Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 11:36 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: No I'm fine over here sulking Tongue

Thanks given by:
[/quote]

The end
[/quote]

Ha ha ha Jelousy's a cruel mistress
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 12:36 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha ha AVAC's a cruel mistress

Edited there for you Jonny Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 12:46 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Edited there for you Jonny Rolleyes

Pfft Ed on a powertrip again.

I say strip him of his title, give it to me, and watch the place burn Angel
Thanks given by:
Just getting peoples views plus if I didnt want a gt4 id go for an s14a, ep3 ctr I shocking slow as f*ck and boring all noise and no go
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 12:46 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:

Ha ha how many threads of mine can you find where my car is broken or don't feel right?

How many of yours?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 12:59 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha how many threads of mine can you find where my car is broken or don't feel right?

How many of yours?

Miaow Miaow, mere technicalities lol
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 12:59 PM)Jonny b Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 12:46 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:

Ha ha how many threads of mine can you find where my car is broken or don't feel right?

How many of yours?

Not sure if that's the car or just Ed though.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
A GT4 is a massively capable car, but the maintenance costs are pretty excessive and because of that you will struggle to find an example which has been 'well looked after' or "properly looked after".

Bulletproof reliability but it's very much a car I'd want as a track / rally slag. I wouldn't want the risk associated with running it as my only car every day! And they do like to drink too.

If you get an old 306 then you pay peanuts but get much of the same level of enjoyment at a much lower (and safer?) pace. This all comes without the absurd servicing costs, you can run a 306 on a shoestring (like most of us do).

A 306 doesn't compare IMO to a WRC slag, but it will be much less hassle in the long run.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 09:47 AM)n0v0s Wrote:
(02-01-2013, 08:57 PM)Ruan Wrote: Of course the bottom end went bang - it's a 3S-GTE...

Eh?! These engines can run 300bhp no problem. Apparently, upwards of 400bhp is possible on standard bottom end with an aftermarket ecu/proper tuning. I would imagine neglect and pleb tuning is what causes the blown engines.. Unless there is something in particular I am missing?

They have severe issues with bottom end bearings... 3S-GTEs have a horrible reputation for if you bring them on boost ONCE when it's like 2*C below operating temperature you'll spin a bearing... You bring it on boost ONCE when it's 2*C above operating temperature... It'll spin a bearing...

You have ONE dodgy batch of fuel and it has a REALLY light det - Spins a bearing...

They are also the only engine I've ever seen blow thick black smoke on boost to keep it cool... They're a GOOD engine, but just there's a few quirks that make it quite tempremental... They're no Cosworth YB or Saab B series put it that way...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: