Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
FAO Fooby
#1
Erm yeah. You wanted to know about MPG on a stage 2.

Just got back, 266 miles from reading via manchester, and the needle is bang on 3/4 full. I'll fill it up as soon as I can and see what MPG it works out as.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#2
Jesus, see if you make 1000miles on a tank Tom will shit a pigeon
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#3
Wow, I used 3/4 of a tank there and back...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#4
No f*cking way have you got 266miles to quarter tank in a HDi, let alone stage 2! Dodgy

My shitbox won't even do 250 to half a tank. The guage is also useless though lol.
#5
(02-12-2012, 09:00 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Jesus, see if you make 1000miles on a tank Tom will shit a pigeon

Wouldn't be possible, everyone knows the first quarter is the "bigger" quarter.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
#6
Yes I know that but Tom would still try and say his Golf would do more

/thread
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#7
But the Golf could do 94mpg even with it's 318bhp map...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#8
Difference is the golf done it coaling like f*ck and with a barely opening exhaust valve.... lol

But seriously.....that's damn good mpg for a HDi. How did you manage it?
#9
(02-12-2012, 09:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No f*cking way have you got 266miles to quarter tank in a HDi, let alone stage 2! Dodgy

My shitbox won't even do 250 to half a tank. The guage is also useless though lol.

Well I have lol Unless my fuel gauge is chronically wrong all of a sudden. And I was booting it a few times..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#10
Actually....you're guage must be broken, just worked out and that's 80mpg (266 miles, 15 litres). Hell no. Wink
#11
we shall see. I just realised it may be because of Irish spec lows on the back. I'll fill it up and see.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#12
Or maybe just cos 306 guages are wank? Mines at 120 miles and hasn't dropped off the full....but then it'll start dropping really quick in a few more miles lol.

I guarantee you haven't done 80mpg, but I'll be impressed if you've got over 60mpg. Smile
#13
I used about 15 litres getting home. 45 miles ish. Jealous tom?

Also used about 5 litres sitting still and making epic noises...
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#14
Pfft my hdis not far off that. lol irony is I'm going out less to save fuel....but that means short journeys and the engine never warms up so it'll probs end up costing more. Rolleyes
#15
Those noises are win!
#16
I managed 63 mpgs in my stage 1 when I went to Cornwall in june/July.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
#17
(02-12-2012, 08:58 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Erm yeah. You wanted to know about MPG on a stage 2.

Just got back, 266 miles from reading via manchester, and the needle is bang on 3/4 full. I'll fill it up as soon as I can and see what MPG it works out as.

   
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#18
(02-12-2012, 09:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or maybe just cos 306 guages are wank? Mines at 120 miles and hasn't dropped off the full....but then it'll start dropping really quick in a few more miles lol.

I guarantee you haven't done 80mpg, but I'll be impressed if you've got over 60mpg. Smile

You sure your maf sensor isn't f*cked?

My DT would happily achieve 55mpg on a run, with a DT box and 175-180hp...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#19
Haha epic!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
#20
I'm still trying to find that pic i doctored of Tom's mpg read out... I think its on one of his moany threads, but cba trawling through them all lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#21
it's probably cuz Tom is such a fat knacker.......right?
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#22
(02-12-2012, 09:26 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 09:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or maybe just cos 306 guages are wank? Mines at 120 miles and hasn't dropped off the full....but then it'll start dropping really quick in a few more miles lol.

I guarantee you haven't done 80mpg, but I'll be impressed if you've got over 60mpg. Smile

You sure your maf sensor isn't f*cked?

My DT would happily achieve 55mpg on a run, with a DT box and 175-180hp...

Well tbh I'm sure somethings f*cked. I don't drive it 'that' hard, main difference is fast cruising speed, with no mpg reader I have no incentive to slow down lol, so sit at around 75mph motorway rather than 65 in the golf.

But I'm getting exactly the same mpg as I got in Sams estate. One a pro Steve stage 1, one a whippy stage 1. I know the estate weight will factor into it aswell but I genuinely expected a lot more mpg from it.
#23
oh god what have i started.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#24
I was just thinking the same thing.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
#25
(02-12-2012, 09:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: oh god what have i started.


time for a mod to lock it before it gets out of hand...


too bad they're all useless faggots (remembers the reason for getting 99% warning last night.... *runs* )
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#26
(02-12-2012, 09:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: oh god what have i started.

Tbf....you gotta expect this when you mention mpgz.....now get down shell and fill up, intrigued as to how much you actually got now lol.
#27
I don't know if i've ever cared what empeegee i've got from a car? All I know is one car cost loads and one car cost f*ck all.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#28
sam are you also on a permanent 99% warning? Shit how am i going to out do you now?
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#29
(02-12-2012, 09:49 PM)Niall Wrote: sam are you also on a permanent 99% warning? Shit how am i going to out do you now?

yep. at tgi fridays i called matt and scrott useless faggots. then i got warned.
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#30
I managed over 60mpg in the 2.1 on veg.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Fooby Niall 16 9,051 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Fooby
Sad Fooby ruined my life! Mattcheese31 50 31,399 13-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Happy Birthday Fooby! Scott 16 8,954 04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Last Post: 7057sam

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)