Wish me luck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish me luck
Well 2moro I go back to try and start the '6 I'm buying as a project. It mot'd April and taxed end of October. It's needing a few things doing, but knocked him down from £300 to £200 and then when I went to pick it up it wouldn't start. So he thought it was down to petrol, as it was turning over but wouldn't fire. He put petrol in and now he is is saying it won't turn over. He thinks the alarm has went off but coz the siren is broken it killed the battery. I've knocked him down to £150 if I can get it started. So what I'd like to know is what else could cause it to not start?

I'm going to take with me, more petrol incase. Jump leads, new spark plugs. I suggested immobiliser to him, and he said it wouldn't turn over at all if it was the immobiliser.
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Battery is probably dead from the constant cranking to make it start IMO.

Most likely immobilser/keyfob
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
It has some kind of after market immobiliser that's on the steering column, it was like a little key that u placed into it
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Either way if your getting it for that price pay him and get a tow back to yours and then gives you more time to figure out if none of the above Smile least its yours then
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Think that's plan b if we can't get it started Smile
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Great minds think alike ay Smile
Thanks given by:
150 is pretty much scrap value for it so you can't really go wrong?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very true, pretty gutted if I end up having to scrap her, was looking forward to restoring her. Well let u all know how I get on 2moro
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Wooooooooo! Don't scrap her! Can just get new engine ect cheap enough
Thanks given by:
Could have worn out the starter motor with the cranking.
£150 is good money and like phil said, is near enough scrap value. So if all fails you can just scrap it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
if its got an aftermarket immobilizer, thats most likely your issue. OEM French wiring was sketch at best, if someones been fettling its most likely buggered.

Get someone who knows about wiring to take a look, try and remove it.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Well I'm back..... And she started!!! Needed to pop new plugs in her, which I got for £11 for 4. Set of jump leads for 30 mins, some petrol and boom. So guy knocked another £10 off the car. So she is back £140 and actually drives really well Smile
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
you wont ever get a bargin like that again!

get some pics up Smile
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2012, 04:31 PM)Nadine Wrote: Well I'm back..... And she started!!! Needed to pop new plugs in her, which I got for £11 for 4. Set of jump leads for 30 mins, some petrol and boom. So guy knocked another £10 off the car. So she is back £140 and actually drives really well Smile

that is a steal tbh . . . . i take it it's a phase one? . . . .either way well done
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I was sure this was a phase 3.

Either way, bargain!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's a phase 2 Smile S reg black, there are some pics in my newbie thread. And I'll get some pics up 2moro once it's a bit lighter. I'm pretty chuffed like
Heart 306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just my luck rocker8742 20 5,047 30-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Tom
  good luck toms306 pugjohn306 63 19,980 15-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Last Post: puglove
  JUST my f*cking luck. declantg 17 4,899 08-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Last Post: declantg