306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wish me luck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well 2moro I go back to try and start the '6 I'm buying as a project. It mot'd April and taxed end of October. It's needing a few things doing, but knocked him down from £300 to £200 and then when I went to pick it up it wouldn't start. So he thought it was down to petrol, as it was turning over but wouldn't fire. He put petrol in and now he is is saying it won't turn over. He thinks the alarm has went off but coz the siren is broken it killed the battery. I've knocked him down to £150 if I can get it started. So what I'd like to know is what else could cause it to not start?

I'm going to take with me, more petrol incase. Jump leads, new spark plugs. I suggested immobiliser to him, and he said it wouldn't turn over at all if it was the immobiliser.
Battery is probably dead from the constant cranking to make it start IMO.

Most likely immobilser/keyfob
It has some kind of after market immobiliser that's on the steering column, it was like a little key that u placed into it
Either way if your getting it for that price pay him and get a tow back to yours and then gives you more time to figure out if none of the above Smile least its yours then
Think that's plan b if we can't get it started Smile
Great minds think alike ay Smile
150 is pretty much scrap value for it so you can't really go wrong?
Very true, pretty gutted if I end up having to scrap her, was looking forward to restoring her. Well let u all know how I get on 2moro
Wooooooooo! Don't scrap her! Can just get new engine ect cheap enough
Could have worn out the starter motor with the cranking.
£150 is good money and like phil said, is near enough scrap value. So if all fails you can just scrap it
if its got an aftermarket immobilizer, thats most likely your issue. OEM French wiring was sketch at best, if someones been fettling its most likely buggered.

Get someone who knows about wiring to take a look, try and remove it.
Well I'm back..... And she started!!! Needed to pop new plugs in her, which I got for £11 for 4. Set of jump leads for 30 mins, some petrol and boom. So guy knocked another £10 off the car. So she is back £140 and actually drives really well Smile
you wont ever get a bargin like that again!

get some pics up Smile
(27-10-2012, 04:31 PM)Nadine Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm back..... And she started!!! Needed to pop new plugs in her, which I got for £11 for 4. Set of jump leads for 30 mins, some petrol and boom. So guy knocked another £10 off the car. So she is back £140 and actually drives really well Smile

that is a steal tbh . . . . i take it it's a phase one? . . . .either way well done
I was sure this was a phase 3.

Either way, bargain!
It's a phase 2 Smile S reg black, there are some pics in my newbie thread. And I'll get some pics up 2moro once it's a bit lighter. I'm pretty chuffed like