Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
(25-10-2012, 08:39 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: It's already got a decat has it not? So don't need to worry about f*cking that with too much fuel...

Right then Chris, can we start over?! I am genuinely interested in this setup and believe me I want it to work. How does the MAF work when there is no inlet plenum to measure from?

Not just the cat it will ruin. Can also ruin bores, Hot spot and rise temperatures big time till you end up likes your did car. No piston rings left!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ahh who cares if she bwaaaaarps?
Thanks given by:
Is this not done yet...

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah we're about as done here as you are with your project...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Rofl

CAR, gotta tell you mate, you're not doing yourself any favours in this argument. Maybe time to call it a day, that spade is only taking you in one direction. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 09:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

CAR, gotta tell you mate, you're not doing yourself any favours in this argument. Maybe time to call it a day, that spade is only taking you in one direction. lol

Through Dum's FACE!?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Interesting read there, i do love a good arguement Smile I dont want to start an arguement but can only assume we post here because we want other people opinions, no? So mine is, its a very cool idea and if it works it'll be shit hot, by im really worried about it melting like Niall said, especially if you want to hoon it around. But i hope you find a way and i'll be keeping a close eye on this because, well everyone likes throttle bodies!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 09:06 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Yeah we're about as done here as you are with your project...

I've had mine for 5 days.... slight difference

PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcorn
Thanks given by:
Project been going for quite some time though Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 12:15 PM)Matt Wrote: Project been going for quite some time though Wink

Nope... Itwasntme

Cant wait for this though Chris, is going to sound sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Smile
Thanks given by:
Sorry I cant reply to everything but thanks for all the kind comments.

(25-10-2012, 07:46 PM)Niall Wrote: Worst case scenario is you end up f*cking your engine from horrendous over fuelling but look at it this way, it will sound epic in the process!!
Exactly, new engine is only about £200 so no great issues if I destroy this one, small price to pay for THAT noise (especially when you lot find out how big these bodies are). Also in the general scheme of things a little bit of over fueling is better than running stupidly lean as lean gets very hot

(25-10-2012, 08:28 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Nice work mate always nice to see someone trying to suceed where others have failed. Keep us updated with progress and make sure you get plenty of pics exc. And if you pull it off get a guide up Big Grin
Yeah im taking loads of pics, alot of my reading has been into why other peoples have failed.

(25-10-2012, 08:39 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Right then Chris, can we start over?! I am genuinely interested in this setup and believe me I want it to work. How does the MAF work when there is no inlet plenum to measure from?

Assuming you mean the MAP sensor it works in the same way as it works on the bike, there is vac pipes between all the bodies that link together, im going to use this to plug the map into. The bonus of these bodies have a second set of larger vac pipes that are blanked but im going to use these to plumb the ICV into via a small plennum
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 11:27 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(25-10-2012, 09:06 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Yeah we're about as done here as you are with your project...

I more meant your engine build.... Wink
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
What engine build? Oh wait...

Dum, if you're not getting it mapped how are you going to take advantage of the extra air on offer, i'm missing something here...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
its more of a noise factor. the ecu will adjust to a certain extent I think.

Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 02:40 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(26-10-2012, 11:27 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

I more meant your engine build.... Wink

OHHH that engine build... yeh... Itwasntme that's scrapped for now, new build on the books, trace my posts and try and work it out Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 02:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Dum, if you're not getting it mapped how are you going to take advantage of the extra air on offer, i'm missing something here...
As I think everyone has worked it out already im going to be changine the fuel pressure regulator for one with a higher pressure meaning that every injection will contain X% more fuel which im aware will leave me running very rich at idle but hopefully itll get me a modest gain in power.

(26-10-2012, 03:01 PM)Jimmyboycheck Wrote: its more of a noise factor. the ecu will adjust to a certain extent I think.
Yeah its got a little bit of adjustability, but not alot, its more of a trim than a full learning facility like some ECUs

Got my new Bosch Lamdba fitted and my Blue Flame exhaust which was a right pain in the arse to fit however I now have no cat and no mid box, proper straight through till the back box.

Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 04:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(26-10-2012, 02:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Dum, if you're not getting it mapped how are you going to take advantage of the extra air on offer, i'm missing something here...
As I think everyone has worked it out already im going to be changine the fuel pressure regulator for one with a higher pressure meaning that every injection will contain X% more fuel which im aware will leave me running very rich at idle but hopefully itll get me a modest gain in power.

Surely it's a tiny bit more complicated than that? If the stock ECU can barely cope with changing the manifold how on earth is it going to deal with this? Or have I missed something?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Bet she's loud now! Smile

That exhaust looks mint, almost OEM...! Pricey??
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 05:06 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Surely it's a tiny bit more complicated than that? If the stock ECU can barely cope with changing the manifold how on earth is it going to deal with this? Or have I missed something?

The stock ecu can cope fine with changing manifolds its just that these bodies will flow twice the air at the same velocity as the standard one and thats alot.

The ECU wont notice the increase in fuel pressure as it will only be slight and the ECU dosent actually measure the pressure at any point so itll just keep assuming its putting in 3.5bar when actually itll be putting in nearer 4 bar. The lambda will adjust the mix a little bit. Heres a brief explanation off t' internet

Quote:An average ECU using a narrowband sensor will generally only use the lambda sensor's output during two specific conditions:- (a) during idle, ie. when the engine is under no load apart from keeping itself running, and (b) during part-load conditions (which we usually term 'cruising speed') where the engine is keeping the car at a constant speed. These two conditions account for the majority of the car's operating time.

A car equipped with a wideband sensor is able to usefully use the lambda signal over a wider range of operating conditions but it is still mostly utilised around stoichiometry or during lean-burn operation.

The ECU will generally ignore the lambda sensor's output during three further conditions:- © when the car is accelerating - the ECU will spent much of its time deliberately enriching the mixture to avoid hesitation and to provide extra power, and (d) when decelerating or 'engine braking' (which we usually term 'on the over-run'), when most ECU's will shut off the fuel completely to aid economy.

Finally condition (e) is a special case - that of cold starting, where the ECU deliberately runs the engine rich all the time to promote quick starting and ease cold-running. Once everything is up to temperature, normal operation will resume. Depending on manufacturer, a special type of Lambda sensor may be specified that has an extra quick heat-up time which means as soon as rich running is not needed anymore, the lambda is ready for operation.

(26-10-2012, 05:09 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Bet she's loud now! Smile

That exhaust looks mint, almost OEM...! Pricey??

Not driven it yet, im hoping not terrible as my old mid box was ruined, Id blown several large cracks in the old mid box and this is why it sounded like it was blowing. Also the new single box is the same size as the old mid and back box put together.

I really like the look. It was £60 2nd hand off Scott.
Thanks given by:
From me via Vaughan via Curt Wink
Thanks given by:
Have you found Blue Flame stamped on it anywhere then? Or just going off Ed's theory? As I couldn't find any plates/stamps anywhere... For the record I cut the centre section out and had the straight bit welded in. Also I don't understand how people are having issues fitting it... It was the best fitting exhaust I've ever had...

It's pretty offensive though Smile
Thanks given by:
either way its a good read/project none the less

you always seem to ahve endless money, the amount youve spent on the hdi and now the gti, good job and keep it up and just puish those boundaires further cause lets face it. 306 is getting old and soon will be hard to get parts needed
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 06:16 PM)Curt Wrote: Have you found Blue Flame stamped on it anywhere then? Or just going off Ed's theory? As I couldn't find any plates/stamps anywhere... For the record I cut the centre section out and had the straight bit welded in. Also I don't understand how people are having issues fitting it... It was the best fitting exhaust I've ever had...

Going off Eds theory. I actually dont think its that loud, its annoyingly raspy and almost moped like which is f*cking annoying but on balance its a cleaner sound not having 4 inch cracks in the mid section. Below 3k on light throttle its definitely quieter especially reversing onto my driveway which will hopefully stop me annoying the neighbors, well, till the bodies go on anyway

(26-10-2012, 06:20 PM)ben87 Wrote: you always seem to ahve endless money, the amount youve spent on the hdi and now the gti, good job and keep it up and just puish those boundaires further cause lets face it. 306 is getting old and soon will be hard to get parts needed

Not endless mate, I work very hard for my money. I am curtailing my spending though, trying to get up to saving a grand a month to add to my deposit for a house but I still gotta have money to spend on the car lol.

The bodies have actually been pretty cheap, £70 for the bodies, £15 for the manifold, £20 for the filters and then a few bits of silicone and £3 for an inlet gasket. Suppose converting to E/PAS is going to end up costing me about £90 though
Thanks given by:
looking good, be good to see what this is like then done and what sort of power you get out of it.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
The fun bit is going to be the idle control I reckon, the ICVs are crap on the XU lumps regardless. Will you blank off the part of the throttle body where the ICV goes or butcher a spare TB and cut off what you need?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2012, 12:45 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: The fun bit is going to be the idle control I reckon, the ICVs are crap on the XU lumps regardless. Will you blank off the part of the throttle body where the ICV goes or butcher a spare TB and cut off what you need?

Sorry, I dont understand the question, can you please re phrase it.
Thanks given by:
Right I know you're going to link all of the ports together to achieve a sort of 'plenum' which will link all 4 ports giving you idle control, you mentioned earlier that you will utilise the standard ICV I'm just wondering how you will mount it?

Pressumably you can't just set the idle by adjusting the throttle position? Do they have that degree of adjustability?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 06:16 PM)Curt Wrote: Have you found Blue Flame stamped on it anywhere then? Or just going off Ed's theory? As I couldn't find any plates/stamps anywhere... For the record I cut the centre section out and had the straight bit welded in. Also I don't understand how people are having issues fitting it... It was the best fitting exhaust I've ever had...

This.
We didn't have any problems fitting it really! Incredible sounding exhaust
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2012, 08:51 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Right I know you're going to link all of the ports together to achieve a sort of 'plenum' which will link all 4 ports giving you idle control, you mentioned earlier that you will utilise the standard ICV I'm just wondering how you will mount it?

Pressumably you can't just set the idle by adjusting the throttle position? Do they have that degree of adjustability?

Ah gotcha. ICV gets mounted on the plenum, it only needs 1 hole for the main pipe and then 2 m6 bolts. Im gonna sort the plenum on monday hopefully so you'll get the picture.
Thanks given by:
Ah i see, i don't know do i, haven't got the first idea about petrols. Tongue

I was hoping the words "blue flame" meant it was going to flame like a bastard and maybe there would be some meths involved lol, what i found on google wasn't nearly as exciting.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,354 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 330,706 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 157,041 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum