Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State"
(04-10-2012, 08:41 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol....I think its ok.......its clearly had a bump AND been pulled by the tow eye (great place to mount the tow eye lol) so thats why theres funny kinks in some of the metal. That tow eye is crap though, every 306 I've seen be towed anywhere has had a f*cked tow eye/mount!!

It had somebody break into it in Amsterdam (hence finding glass under the seats) and then the police found it and because it was a hazard they towed it onto a truck with the toweye hence the damage to the tow eye and the front bumper D: It was almost bent at 90 degrees when i first got it!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 08:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 10:45 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: If your tester does a proper job, that hose will fail. Busy day on the car today, well done! Smile

Hmm, if that hose does fail we'll be a bit f*cked tbh, as said the bleed nipples are knackered and will either round or shear! Confused

Plenty of WD40 (or other penetrating oil), and a pair of mole grips, seriously it will come off. I undid my brake union nuts in that way after they rounded.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 10:25 AM)SRowell Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 08:41 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol....I think its ok.......its clearly had a bump AND been pulled by the tow eye (great place to mount the tow eye lol) so thats why theres funny kinks in some of the metal. That tow eye is crap though, every 306 I've seen be towed anywhere has had a f*cked tow eye/mount!!

It had somebody break into it in Amsterdam (hence finding glass under the seats) and then the police found it and because it was a hazard they towed it onto a truck with the toweye hence the damage to the tow eye and the front bumper D: It was almost bent at 90 degrees when i first got it!

Lol, there is/was glass everywhere in the boot too, knew a window had broke at some point!! I guess that explains the glass and the tow eye though!

(04-10-2012, 10:30 AM)burnmw Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 08:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 10:45 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: If your tester does a proper job, that hose will fail. Busy day on the car today, well done! Smile

Hmm, if that hose does fail we'll be a bit f*cked tbh, as said the bleed nipples are knackered and will either round or shear! Confused

Plenty of WD40 (or other penetrating oil), and a pair of mole grips, seriously it will come off. I undid my brake union nuts in that way after they rounded.

Well....if the brake pipes need doing I'll let the garage attempt it then lol.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well....if the brake pipes need doing I'll let the garage attempt it then lol.

Why? Simple job to do yourself... I wouldn't attempt a clutch change but I'd do brake pipes. Whereas you seem capable of a clutch change but won't attempt brake pipes?
Thanks given by:
cuz if he breaks a nipple, he has to fork out for new calipers. if the garage break a nipple, then they have to sort it.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 12:39 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well....if the brake pipes need doing I'll let the garage attempt it then lol.

Why? Simple job to do yourself... I wouldn't attempt a clutch change but I'd do brake pipes. Whereas you seem capable of a clutch change but won't attempt brake pipes?

What happens if the clutch fails? You slow down, pull over to the hard shoulder.

What happens if brakes fail? You don't slow down, you end up rear ending some really expensive Aston or something!

I'll do discs/pads/drums/shoes, but not keen on anything to do with the hydro system.....especially where somethings easily broken!

(04-10-2012, 12:40 PM)samass Wrote: cuz if he breaks a nipple, he has to fork out for new calipers. if the garage break a nipple, then they have to sort it.

And of course this. Wink
Thanks given by:
Saw this out today....mmmm china! Shame its not Y reg though! Confused

[Image: EstateClean41012010.jpg]

[Image: EstateClean41012009.jpg]

Aaaaaanyway, gave the 'state a proper clean this afternoon! Used lots of shiz....

[Image: EstateClean41012018.jpg]

And didn't come up too badly tbh!

[Image: EstateClean41012019.jpg]

[Image: EstateClean41012021.jpg]

[Image: EstateClean41012022.jpg]

Also tried another 30-70...car feels faster after the service but not sure if it actually is or not lol *warning, make sure sound is turned down lol*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sr11Vzn...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
coming on great with the car tom! just get her bedded in a bit more and she will be fine! id get the eml stuff sorted.
also sam i think you and tom need to have a chat about the cars future, as i think toms finally found his motor and you could have a few quid in your pocket rather having it sitting been wasted on the drive.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 06:50 PM)procta Wrote: coming on great with the car tom! just get her bedded in a bit more and she will be fine! id get the eml stuff sorted.
also sam i think you and tom need to have a chat about the cars future, as i think toms finally found his motor and you could have a few quid in your pocket rather having it sitting been wasted on the drive.

yeh we have had chats before and Id quite like it back at christmas or at least drive it around a bit at christmas to see if I want it as my daily or not!

Looks great though mate and I think thats a bit faster than before and Id say that was probably standard for a hdi Smile Epicness! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
still looks a bit slow for a HDi TBH mate, have you checked the MAF?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
If you soak the nipple in WD for a couple of days and tap the top of the nipple firmly with a toffee hammer it'll be fine. I do that shiz daily, never had a problem, or get a blow torch on 'er. New nipples are peanuts too.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 07:51 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: If you soak the nipple in WD for a couple of days and tap the top of the nipple firmly with a toffee hammer it'll be fine. I do that shiz daily, never had a problem, or get a blow torch on 'er. New nipples are peanuts too.

Toffee hammer? You mean, like a hammer that you get with a box of toffees? Who on Earth has one of those?? Huh

And surely it's better to buy new nipples than to shove peanuts in there? Confused
Thanks given by:
Not an actual toffee hammer, the small hammers with the flat head, can't remember what they're called because I don't wear brown t-shirts and play bingo.
Thanks given by:
The one with the flat head is for panel pins and I think is called a pin hammer.
I do actually have a toffee hammer in the garage though lol.
Thanks given by:
Tom it doesn't look that slow, unless mine is slow too haha

Just did a really quick shot of mine with the stage 1.. On my phone so can't watch to compare..

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/Jo...CBD91F.mp4
Thanks given by:
yeh it doesnt look much slower than that mate. And JJ isnt that tears for fears?
Thanks given by:
Tbh as I say it feels faster, and smoother too, surprising what a few filters can do! Had s play with a motorbike on the way home lol, kept up no problem!*

*Due to traffic stopping him lol, we got 3 overtakes though and I wasn't far behind all the way.....yes I actually enjoyed a drive in a std hdi lol.....still would've liked more power though lol. Big Grin.

Only thing with it is perseverence and dropping gears with it as it doesn't have the top end torque like I was used to, its all low to midrange at about 3k and tails off quick as you can see in the vid, so having to change gear during overtakes which is new to me! But I guess that's just the way of the conventional non vnt turbo.

I've never heard of a toffee hammer lol, thought I might have found one with the polka dot paint or long weight but your actually serious lol! Tongue. Anyway, I'm not touching the nipples. Confused. Minds made up on that.

As for keeping it.....its still a no. I'm fed up of finding bodges everywhere, wouldn't say no to a standard, well looked after one on a y plate though! That said, in Feb next year I'll be 21 with 4 yrs ncb......and if i can sort out other shit by then, maybe I'll be in a 6 or something! Smile. The diesel is easier (read boring) to drive and (a little!) better on fuel, but I miss petrol noise and revs so much lol. However at this rate I won't be able to afford to drive at all by then so it all depends what happens, as I know everything will happen at once when the wheels are in motion!

Jordan I can't watch your vid on my phone either lol, but will tomorow. As said though, i coukdnt keep up with it at rhe weekend and there were two of you in yours lol!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never heard of a toffee hammer lol, thought I might have found one with the polka dot paint or long weight but your actually serious lol! Tongue.

I'm serious they sell them in most VW places usually by the Camper/Beetle radiators

(04-10-2012, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm not touching the nipples. Confused. Minds made up on that.

Whatlol?!

Are you actually looking for a Y plate HDi estate in good condition that's been looked after? Because my mum's is for sale, so to speak.
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Toffee_Hammer.JPG
Thanks given by:
tom stop dreaming about 6s will you! you eyes water with the mpg off a diesel! you will end up in the funny house with the mpg from a 6.
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffee_hammer

Actually cant wait to see this again! Needs a map after the MOT Big Grin And if I keep it then some coilovers and lows...
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2012, 09:58 AM)Pugmarshall Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never heard of a toffee hammer lol, thought I might have found one with the polka dot paint or long weight but your actually serious lol! Tongue.

I'm serious they sell them in most VW places usually by the Camper/Beetle radiators

(04-10-2012, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm not touching the nipples. Confused. Minds made up on that.

Whatlol?!

Are you actually looking for a Y plate HDi estate in good condition that's been looked after? Because my mum's is for sale, so to speak.

I don't go in VW places lol.....we all know VWs are shit. Tongue

And I'm not looking for my own HDi estate yet. BUT when I've finished breaking the Golf and sold the Avensis then I'll be on the lookout for something, possibly a HDi estate....

(05-10-2012, 10:58 AM)procta Wrote: tom stop dreaming about 6s will you! you eyes water with the mpg off a diesel! you will end up in the funny house with the mpg from a 6.

Hdi only does 50mpg anyway lol. Sad But what I meant is I 'could' be in a position by then not to worry about fuel costs, but we'll see. And I'm surprised I'm not in the 'funny house' already. Tongue

(05-10-2012, 11:18 AM)SRowell Wrote: Actually cant wait to see this again! Needs a map after the MOT Big Grin And if I keep it then some coilovers and lows...

Dont get ahead of yourself yet mate, gotta pass MOT before anything else! Confused
Thanks given by:
Tom.....if you type' HDi only does 50mpg' once more I'm going to drive to your neck of the woods and set you on fire!!
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2012, 04:02 PM)gareth7 Wrote: Tom.....if you type' HDi only does 50mpg' once more I'm going to drive to your neck of the woods and set you on fire!!

Just town driving alone with stage 1 and a lot if hooning I still got 43-45. So I don't see how if he's being carefully and motorway miles he's only getting 50mpg
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2012, 04:38 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 04:02 PM)gareth7 Wrote: Tom.....if you type' HDi only does 50mpg' once more I'm going to drive to your neck of the woods and set you on fire!!

Just town driving alone with stage 1 and a lot if hooning I still got 43-45. So I don't see how if he's being carefully and motorway miles he's only getting 50mpg

Because it's not a Golf, blates
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can just imagin tom showing his mum around the hdi. Shutting the door and saying "see look... Sounds just like a golf!"
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
followed by....

'but not quite as good on fuel'......

to which Tom's mum rolls her eyes and shakes her head lol
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 07:56 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Not an actual toffee hammer, the small hammers with the flat head, can't remember what they're called because I don't wear brown t-shirts and play bingo.

Oh I see, you mean peen/pein hammer! I thought you meant actual toffee hammer as well! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball-peen_hammer

(04-10-2012, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Anyway, I'm not touching the nipples. Confused. Minds made up on that.

That's the first time you've ever been able to say that I guess...

(05-10-2012, 11:18 AM)SRowell Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffee_hammer

Exactly Itwasntme

(05-10-2012, 12:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hdi only does 50mpg anyway lol. Sad But what I meant is I 'could' be in a position by then not to worry about fuel costs, but we'll see. And I'm surprised I'm not in the 'funny house' already. Tongue

Planning on winning the lottery are we Tom? :p
Thanks given by:

Wait, I have to be careful in something this slow to get decent mpg?? I don't quite drive how the forum seems to think I do lol. Confused Maybe the mpg will get better with a remap like it did on the Golf though.....

(05-10-2012, 04:54 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:

Because it's not a Golf, blates

Clearly this. I honestly cant see how pug get such poor mpg from something with so little power though, people told me I couldnt have power and mpg (which clearly I did on the golf but obviously it didnt take too well to the power lol), they say its always one or the other....yet with the HDi its neither!? Dodgy

(05-10-2012, 05:18 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I can just imagin tom showing his mum around the hdi. Shutting the door and saying "see look... Sounds just like a golf!"

(05-10-2012, 05:51 PM)gareth7 Wrote: followed by....

'but not quite as good on fuel'......

to which Tom's mum rolls her eyes and shakes her head lol

My mum doesn't care. Its too old for her. According to her I shouldnt get anything 'older' than 5 years because theyre all shit lol.

But she has a point.....her petrol swift has more power, quicker 0-60 AND more mpg than the HDi lol. lol

(05-10-2012, 06:34 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 07:56 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Not an actual toffee hammer, the small hammers with the flat head, can't remember what they're called because I don't wear brown t-shirts and play bingo.

Oh I see, you mean peen/pein hammer! I thought you meant actual toffee hammer as well! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball-peen_hammer

(04-10-2012, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Anyway, I'm not touching the nipples. Confused. Minds made up on that.

That's the first time you've ever been able to say that I guess...

(05-10-2012, 11:18 AM)SRowell Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffee_hammer

Exactly Itwasntme

(05-10-2012, 12:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hdi only does 50mpg anyway lol. Sad But what I meant is I 'could' be in a position by then not to worry about fuel costs, but we'll see. And I'm surprised I'm not in the 'funny house' already. Tongue

Planning on winning the lottery are we Tom? :p

Lol, just have to keep kidding myself I wont have to 'put up with' diesels forever due to those being all I can afford to fuel. Nothings fun when youre forced into it due to lack of funds, I'm sure everyone would agree. But youre right, as long as Im living in the arse end of nowhere I'll be stuck in a DERV. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2012, 07:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: My mum doesn't care. Its too old for her. According to her I shouldnt get anything 'older' than 5 years because theyre all shit lol.

But she has a point.....her petrol swift has more power, quicker 0-60 AND more mpg than the HDi lol. lol

That may well be so, but of course the obvious downside is, you'd have to drive a Suzuki Swift...Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puglove's onxy 'state, bye bye puglove 299 112,662 24-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  The State maxlee 23 4,982 27-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: procta
  Toms306s Project - Fodge! Toms306 385 100,220 27-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Toms306