Advice needed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed.
About 4-5 months ago I had a new clutch put in the dt from Mr Clutch, clutch has been fine over the last few thousand miles.

However, last week I took it for a routine checkup and had a fair amount of juddering, I suspected it would be clutch related but they informed me that the flywheel is warped and needed replacing. Anyway the next day it gave up it's life and something gave up, in result F*ing the clutch up too.
When replacing the clutch first time round they gave my flywheel a skim and are saying its not covered by the warrantee?

I was thinking as they have done work on it that it should be covered no? They want me to supply a new fly and want £200 to fit it. But they say the clutch will be done on warrantee?

Jake.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
if they skimmed the fly then they should pay for a replacement
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
^^^^ this

And £200 to fit a new fly is a joke esp if they are changing the clutch any way.
Thanks given by:
This is what I thought. I will have to go speak to them again. Wonder if I get them to do the work, then tell them after that I'm not giving them any money.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
doooo it. make sure you take it for a "test drive" and dont go back lol
Thanks given by:
Mate they are trying to say the clutch is under warrenty but the fly isnt but charging you to do the warrenty repairs by the sounds of it. No way is it £200 to fit a fly esp when they have to take the clutch off any way. its only a few extra bolts and swap it over :/ id tell them to not take you for a fool. Id even be inclined to get a pic of the flywheel and ask the mechanic how much he is charging you per bolt to remove and refit them lol jokers
Thanks given by:
just give them some right shit about it, as said it does sound like they are changing you for the warranty costs
Thanks given by:
Im sure there is only 8 bolts on the dt fly so thats £25 a bolt to remove it and put them back in. Garages like this boil my blood get them to fix it and say ur taking it for a test drive and dont go back Big Grin
Thanks given by:
is it the one in norwich mate? who did you speak to?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
I'd say it depends if the skim is itemized on your receipt or not.......if not, how can you prove its warrantied? As its mrclutch which imo are shit anyway lol, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in thier warranty it says that they only cover clutches supplied by them, and not an old part thats been altered.

By all means, try and get it done under warranty, or atleast a lot cheaper (20 quid for fitting the fly is guess).......but I won't be surprised if you can't.
Thanks given by:
If it's only started happening since they fitted the clutch then it is because of the work they have done do not pay a penny more as they had the flywheel skimmed therefore it is covered by their warranty and if it isn't then get on to trading standards!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 10:03 PM)Joe Wrote: is it the one in norwich mate? who did you speak to?

Didnt get his name but guessing its the guy who was in charge, the one who is always in the reception.

(16-07-2012, 10:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd say it depends if the skim is itemized on your receipt or not.......if not, how can you prove its warrantied? As its mrclutch which imo are shit anyway lol, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in thier warranty it says that they only cover clutches supplied by them, and not an old part thats been altered.

By all means, try and get it done under warranty, or atleast a lot cheaper (20 quid for fitting the fly is guess).......but I won't be surprised if you can't.

Yep it's on the receipt, they didn't even ask me if I wanted it skimmed, just did it anyway. I'm going to speak to them as soon as I get the flywheel delivered.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, good luck then Jake. Smile
Thanks given by:
I would also be asking for a refund for the skiming of the flywheel if they say its not under warrenty as they have clearly f*cked it up!
Thanks given by:
i'll see what i can do, i know the manager pretty well. (well enough to charge me £22 for a 206 clutch kit hmm hmm)
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Skimmed the flywheel...

So have they put in new flywheel bolts, didn't think so...

You can't warp a flywheel without SERIOUS abuse... A juddery clutch I can almost guarantee is a snapped spring in the friction plate...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
My thinking was that they possilby got some ape to skim the flywheel and it could well have been done too much, making it considerably thinner than it should be, which would make it much easier to warp. Which imo is still thier fault/their problem and should be sorted by them....
Thanks given by:
Well I went down there with a mate to tell them I wasn't paying for this and after a bit of arguing got them to agree to fit it for free if I supply the new fly.

I asked them how much they skimmed off it and try said 14mm !?!?!

Also they only skimmed it off one side because "it had only warped on one side"

we then explained the properties of metal to him and he agreed that he had done it wrong lmao!

So saved £200 and don't have to fit it myself.. Bonus.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 09:12 AM)Jake Wrote: Also they only skimmed it off one side because "it had only warped on one side"

Confused lmao

Oh dear!!

Sounds like a good result though, nice one Jake. Smile
Thanks given by:
What a f*cking bunch of benders... IMHO I'd have said give me my money back, and it looks like I'll just have to do it myself....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
If he's admitted wrong by only skimming one side then it's their fault. So they should also supply you a new fly.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 09:29 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: If he's admitted wrong by only skimming one side then it's their fault. So they should also supply you a new fly.

Yeah I was fed up with arguing with him tbh I thought this as I walked out :face palm:
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Skimmed off 14mm? Don't know about the derv ones but the 1.8 and 2.0 ones are only about 20mm thick anyway!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 09:45 AM)Niall Wrote: Skimmed off 14mm? Don't know about the derv ones but the 1.8 and 2.0 ones are only about 20mm thick anyway!!

Yep.. Derv ones are about the same 0.o.

Thing is.. They skimmed off 14mm because it was warped right.. So how the fu*k were they expecting it not to warp again with more than 50% or the material ground off it!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 09:50 AM)Jake Wrote:
(21-07-2012, 09:45 AM)Niall Wrote: Skimmed off 14mm? Don't know about the derv ones but the 1.8 and 2.0 ones are only about 20mm thick anyway!!

Yep.. Derv ones are about the same 0.o.

Thing is.. They skimmed off 14mm because it was warped right.. So how the fu*k were they expecting it not to warp again with more than 50% or the material ground off it!

You sure he didn't mean 1.4mm? Thats gonna look f*cking weird with 14mm taken off! Confused
Thanks given by:
Bell ends! Still at least it's being sorted now. What make clutch did they use? My LUK one on the 1.8 juddered badly for the first 500 miles or do. Valeo kris just put in the 6 has been spot on though.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Defo said between 13&15 mill! I'll be asking for it back so will see on Monday !

Was a valeo. & I made them show me the clutch before they put it in lol...
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 09:53 AM)Jake Wrote: Defo said between 13&15 mill! I'll be asking for it back so will see on Monday !

Was a valeo. & I made them show me the clutch before they put it in lol...

Lol, make sure you get pics of the flywheel then, should be good for a laugh! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Glad you've got it sorted!

You gone off britney Jake?!
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2012, 09:55 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Glad you've got it sorted!

You gone off britney Jake?!

Gone off britney?? Have I missed something here..?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Advice Needed! EzRyder 6 1,305 21-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: EzRyder
Rainbow Advice needed on selling my 3rd car Welshy_Pete 9 1,602 21-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  URGENT HELP ! MOT ADVICE NEEDED Orta 17 2,822 15-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Iceman299