Advice Needed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed!
Lightbulb 
Hi!

I have my 306 S16 Sigma Blue in the garage and am about to give it a full service. It's all original and unmodified. 
I was wondering what would cause a reduction in rev range? When it was driven before it would power through the rev range without a hick up but now it goes to 4-5000 rpm and hits a limit?

I'm not one for red-lining at all but the change in power is noticeable..

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated :-)

Richard
Thanks given by:
vac leak?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: EzRyder
Hopefully it's just a blocked fuel filter.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks for the advice toseland and poodle! I'll check both out thoroughly, fingers crossed :-)
Thanks given by:
A vac leak on the AVAC system wouldn't cause aclack of revs

Just makes a massive flat spot on the changeover point
Has any work been done to it since it ran OK? First guess would be throttle cable adjustment. If at apparent full throttle it only partially opens the butterfly on the throttle body I assume it won't hit max RPM.
(21-11-2017, 08:08 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Has any work been done to it since it ran OK? First guess would be throttle cable adjustment. If at apparent full throttle it only partially opens the butterfly on the throttle body I assume it won't hit max RPM.

No work had been done immediately prior to the loss of rev range so I will add the throttle cable and throttle body to the suspect list thanks.. I love driving my 306 so looking forward to solving the problem. Thanks :-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Advice needed on selling my 3rd car Welshy_Pete 9 1,555 21-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  URGENT HELP ! MOT ADVICE NEEDED Orta 17 2,763 15-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Advice needed deggerz 12 1,974 02-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: tonytony