Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26
Anton: a fair bit less than £8k...

Bigcheez: haha yeah, no one would be silly enough to lend me their car Wink

CAR: Fair enough,out of interest, what would you have got? I spent a really long time looking at what was out there. I didn't want to run a 2nd car as a sunshine car, so it had to be relatively comfortable and practical as a daily (i say relatively). It had to be powerful enough to stop me getting bored of it and modifying it, as I've been trying to move away from heavily modifying cars. It had to be 'relatively' economical. I can afford 20-25mpg as a daily. And my budget was really £8k tops. I discounted the Teg dc2 as too old and a bit too hardcore for a daily, and also a bit too much of a step sideways from a '6. DC5 is still too pricey, and it just looks a little chavvy. It's the wing... :/ BMW 330ci was a little on the thirsty side, not to mention BMW tax for parts etc. Mazda 3mps is still a bit expensive, and a fair chunk less economical than the Megane. And I prefer the Meg looks. BMW Z4, but again, thirsty side, the only one I want is the m-coupe, which is way out of my price range, and again bmw tax. Mazda Eunos was considered, but way too slow, so I'd end up modifying it. VW Corrado VR6 is too old, and vws rust. I'd seriously considered an s2k, but they're hideously uneconomical, very long geared for UK roads (top of 2nd and you're breaking all speed limits), and quite expensive to insure too... Also I'd only want the GT hardtop one, and they're still £9k+. Oh, and the timing chain is a front-end off job.. VERY expensive...

So yeah, this gives me all the comfort I want/need in a daily and fun weekend car rolled into one. It's well specced with lots of toys, goes like shit off a shovel, I'm currently achieving more mpg than the '6, the build quality imo is brilliant, the seats are gorgeous, and it's a RIGHT hooligan when I feel like a naughty thrash ninja It's in the most amazing colour ever, and I basically just love it!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Niall: oh well, I'll just have to be really careful!!

Carlos: lol Thanks man Smile No it doesn't bloody tap!!

Poodle: fair enough. It really does handle amazingly. Just SO much grip, and it's so sharp and pointy immediately off centre. The electric steering is taking a little while to get used to, but that's to be expected. Nothing can be bought that will have quite the same amazing steering feel as a 306... and this is bloody good for an electronic system. It does torque steer a bit when you boot it though, especially on cambered roads, but that's just part of the fun Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26 - by Ed Doe - 21-05-2013, 10:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renaultsport Megane R26 Scott 78 24,606 08-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Scott