306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well the cat's well and truly out of the bag now, after Ace last night Big Grin

Two weekends ago I went up to Cambridge to view a car...

Advert Blurb:

My immaculate liquid yellow Renault Megane RenaultSport 230 F1 Team R26 (phew!) is for sale. It’s a 2008 (08 plate) car that has covered just under 22000 miles (build number 3156). Full Service History, just serviced (5 year) for its new owner, MOT till end April 2014, will be sold with 6 months tax.

Service History:
6/6/2009 @ 1993 miles Stratstone Aston Martin
12/6/2010 @ 5726 miles Renault Wests Cambridge
19/5/2011 @ 11674 miles Renault Wests Cambridge
21/5/2012 @ 17449 miles Renault Wests Cambridge
23/4/2013 @ 21755 miles Renault Wests Cambridge

Clean bill of health at the most recent service. It has been absolutely perfect in my ownership with no issues. I have all the paper work for car even down to receipts for wiper blades!

General Condition:
Fabulous condition inside and out, no dents, dings or scratches. The interior is as unmarked as you would expect for the mileage. It does have the usual stone chips across the front bumper and rear arches but otherwise the paintwork is in excellent condition. The wheels are unmarked having been refurbished three weeks ago by Pristine Alloy Wheels in Milton Keynes. Tyres fitted are Continental ContiSportContact 5P (fronts 5mm, rears 4mm).

It was featured in Autocar (9th November 2011), I have a copy of the magazine and digital copies of the images taken to go with the car. I’m the third owner having bought the car from a MeganeSport.net area representative in November 2010.

Specification: All the usual R26 goodies
Leather / alcantara Recaro seats
Cup chassis including LSD
6 speed gearbox
Anthracite 18inch alloy wheels
Brembo brakes
Climate control
Cruise control & speed limiter
Auto lights with Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs fitted
Headlight washers
Auto windscreen wipers
Electric, heated, folding mirrors
Switchable ESP and traction control
Trip computer
Remote radio controls
Genuine RenaultSport floor mats

Modifications:
I have always run it on Shell V-power.
MeganeSport.net short shift (the other must-have)
Forge Dump Valve (thankfully subtle in operation) with the parts to return it to standard if required.

Boring bits:
I have both keys for the car. The private plate is not included in the sale and is in the process of being removed. Test drives won’t be granted without proof of insurance. HPI clear, no accident damage.

Summary:
A lovely car that has been well looked after and enthusiast owned. For sale as I have a Porsche itch to scratch. The car is located in Cambridge.

After viewing and driving it, I decided I quite wanted it, and therefore a deposit was left.
[attachment=7269]

[attachment=7270]

[attachment=7271]

The remainder of the funds were raised, and late in the night last weekend, after PPC in the Park, Ruan & I went on a ninja-mission to collect it.....

After a very *ahem* entertaining 'investigative' drive around Cambridge during which many shouts of "f*ck me it's quick" were enunciated, we grabbed food and headed home..

I haven't taken any photos since, but gave it a clean on Sunday as the weather was nice

I'm totally in love! It drives amazingly, it's bloody powerful, has so many toys (working aircon, speed limiter, cruise control, trip computer, electric folding wing mirrors, half-decent audio (by comparison to the pugs anyway!), auto lights, keyless entry, push button start...)

It's quite a firm ride, but it's so well damped etc, and there are no annoying rattles anywhere, it just drives like a new car!

Just to clarify (particularly for those in on the bet), the only modifications to the car are a dump valve and a short shifter, and some carbon fibre wrap on the mirror caps, and a bit of alcantara on the dash centre console. The rules are that I'm not allowed to modify the car for a year. So this will be a very boring project thread, bar some sexy photos, and probably some trackday videos.

So yeah, thought I'd best get a car with 4-pots, a turbo and an LSD as standard then!!! Should keep me occupied for a year hopefully!! Tongue

Just realised the best thing; Fooby doesn't know, and it'll be at least a month before he checks on here and sees this! lol
It's so annoyingly nice, expect for the scratch down the left Tongue I still expect my passenger ride in Saturday!
it's such a beaut! Smile
Thanks Eli Big Grin

Haha, f*ck you guys, I SHAT myself when I saw that! Didn't get Scott's message with a picture of it before that as my phone had run out of battery. Tbh I'd have known it was a troll if I'd seen that, but yeah, BASTEWARDS!!

Come up past mine in the afternoon man, I'll take you for a spin before going on up to Grants. Can't trust Captain Crayola to keep his hands to himself when he's sober, much less when he's drunk...
Ed, nice cars these.. and actually, the yellow is lush!

Have you flogged the GTi-6 then? Is it going? Hopefully not as it's a minter!

You'll have to come up and see RSTuning for some more goodies for it and pop in on the way over... I know Paul very well and I've seen some of the crazy creations that have come out of his workshop... the latest being the 800 or so hp Megane he is working on!

JP
Very mint example. Really not my cup of tea but did look very tidy
(21-05-2013, 08:25 AM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, nice cars these.. and actually, the yellow is lush!
Have you flogged the GTi-6 then? Is it going? Hopefully not as it's a minter!
You'll have to come up and see RSTuning for some more goodies for it and pop in on the way over... I know Paul very well and I've seen some of the crazy creations that have come out of his workshop... the latest being the 800 or so hp Megane he is working on!
JP

I've not flogged the GTi yet, I'm undecided about it's future. It's still a lot of fun, so I may keep it for the missus. Or I may track-slag it (it'd be a bit of a shame to do that given how mint it is, but we'll see...)
You can't tell me these things, I can't modify it for a year!!! Tongue Have Grant/Niall paid you to tempt me?! Tongue

(21-05-2013, 08:29 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Very mint example. Really not my cup of tea but did look very tidy

Cheers matey. I know it's not your cup of tea; the looks etc really are quite divisive but I ADORE it. They really have grown on me over the last year, and the driving dynamics are just spot on Big Grin
(21-05-2013, 08:43 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]I may track-slag it

You know it makes sense.
Meh as long as you like it, that's all that matters. Just don't scratch it because you will cry at the thought of the cost of repair!
Stop tempting me to do naughty things JP! Tongue I kinda want to after having so much fun in Samass' nad at Mallory. Such a good track!

(21-05-2013, 08:49 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Meh as long as you like it, that's all that matters. Just don't scratch it because you will cry at the thought of the cost of repair!

Yeah I know, it's RIDICULOUS to respray, but it had to be this colour; it just looks so epic!
It's a great circuit, but there are so many to explore across the country. So long as you don't go mad, it's not too expensive either!

JP
It is a epic colour. I thought it was the best colour they did them in but after seeing a blue one in the flesh last night, I'm now not too sure.

You won't match it if you ever scratch/prang it. Would need a LOT of blending at a minimum. Couldn't just do one panel as it will stand out like a sore thumb. If its a wing though, I think you can buy them per painted as they aren't just painted. The process and recipe is different due to the fact it's not metal. So if your going to scratch it, do the wing :p
lol thanks for the sound consumer advice as always Niall. I'm now not at all hyperventilating at the thought of actually driving it in case I accidentally scratch it/stonechip somehow...!

What about the front bumper? Is that also a different recipe/process the same as the wings?
Get some of that clear vinyl over the front to protect it.
Looks beautiful, sounds amazing, quite honestly an awesome car!

now charge the '6 Popcorn
Not my sort of thing (just cant stand the back end) but looks to be tidy motor and they do drive very well ThumbsUp
Ed how could you!

To be fair can understand the reasoning behind it, not my cup of tea at all, but then, to be fair, not alot is that was made after the 1980's haha.

I dont doubt we will be seeing many photos of extensive polishing sessions over the next 12 months!!!

*edit*

Look at the size of the front end, theres gotta be room for a good couple turbos in there...wonder how easily the derv will shoehorn in...Wink
Just need to learn how to reverse it now eh Ed!! Lol
(21-05-2013, 09:16 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Not my sort of thing (just cant stand the back end) but looks to be tidy motor and they do drive very well ThumbsUp

Yeah it's really marmite, but the looks have really grown on me, and in the metal it looks faptastic imo!

(21-05-2013, 09:31 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Ed how could you!
To be fair can understand the reasoning behind it, not my cup of tea at all, but then, to be fair, not alot is that was made after the 1980's haha.
I dont doubt we will be seeing many photos of extensive polishing sessions over the next 12 months!!!
*edit*
Look at the size of the front end, theres gotta be room for a good couple turbos in there...wonder how easily the derv will shoehorn in...Wink

lol I know, it's a fair old step away from the 306! But honesly Darren, the thing is facking epic! AND... I now haz boost again!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Yes, many many many detailing photos to follow haha! Tongue

And the stock turbo is good for nearly 300hp.... beyond that I need forged rods and a bigger turbo and injectors.... But you've seen thay grey R26R with 500+ hp on the front cover of PFC a while ago.... it's AWFULLY tempting.... Tongue

(21-05-2013, 09:37 AM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Just need to learn how to reverse it now eh Ed!! Lol

FUUUU!! You looked so confused when you saw me in the car on my way into Ace yesterday Tongue
More pics please, used to hate these things but they have grown on me big time and i love the colour its just so awsome.
I wont have a chance to give it a proper clean, clay polish and wax for a couple of weekends, but it'll get a jet washing off on the weekend, and I'll get some pics up afterwards Smile
Was up at 8250, what did you give?
Didn't realise this was yours. Saw you go out in it last night and thought someone had been silly enough to let you drive their car lol

Looks good and didn't sound too bad. Have fun changing your headlight bulbs though.
Nice! Best colour.

I'll admit the overall body shape is a bit ugly, that fat-ass out back etc. One of the better modern-day hatchbacks though, that's for sure. They sounded like spaceships at FCS going down the main straight, very subtle noise they make because of the turbo.

Not where my money would have gone, but can certainly see the appeal!
(21-05-2013, 09:03 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]lol thanks for the sound consumer advice as always Niall. I'm now not at all hyperventilating at the thought of actually driving it in case I accidentally scratch it/stonechip somehow...!

What about the front bumper? Is that also a different recipe/process the same as the wings?

No the wings are completely different to the bumpers. Bumpers won't flex much before they stress and ruin the paint. The wings can flex a stupidly long way. My old man had a hire Clio at his old work. He leant on the wing and it dented big time. Typical *sigh* that's going to cost a lot. Next morning it had popped out. Don't know what plastic they are made from but they are seriously flexible.
Love these. Totally not jealous or anything...

EDIT: Does it tap?
Im with Jamie, one of the ugliest cars on the road imo, what the hell is up with that ridiculous boot?! That said, ive had a ride in one and man are they quick, and sharp! Hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness and oooowwwwwww.
Anton: a fair bit less than £8k...

Bigcheez: haha yeah, no one would be silly enough to lend me their car Wink

CAR: Fair enough,out of interest, what would you have got? I spent a really long time looking at what was out there. I didn't want to run a 2nd car as a sunshine car, so it had to be relatively comfortable and practical as a daily (i say relatively). It had to be powerful enough to stop me getting bored of it and modifying it, as I've been trying to move away from heavily modifying cars. It had to be 'relatively' economical. I can afford 20-25mpg as a daily. And my budget was really £8k tops. I discounted the Teg dc2 as too old and a bit too hardcore for a daily, and also a bit too much of a step sideways from a '6. DC5 is still too pricey, and it just looks a little chavvy. It's the wing... :/ BMW 330ci was a little on the thirsty side, not to mention BMW tax for parts etc. Mazda 3mps is still a bit expensive, and a fair chunk less economical than the Megane. And I prefer the Meg looks. BMW Z4, but again, thirsty side, the only one I want is the m-coupe, which is way out of my price range, and again bmw tax. Mazda Eunos was considered, but way too slow, so I'd end up modifying it. VW Corrado VR6 is too old, and vws rust. I'd seriously considered an s2k, but they're hideously uneconomical, very long geared for UK roads (top of 2nd and you're breaking all speed limits), and quite expensive to insure too... Also I'd only want the GT hardtop one, and they're still £9k+. Oh, and the timing chain is a front-end off job.. VERY expensive...

So yeah, this gives me all the comfort I want/need in a daily and fun weekend car rolled into one. It's well specced with lots of toys, goes like shit off a shovel, I'm currently achieving more mpg than the '6, the build quality imo is brilliant, the seats are gorgeous, and it's a RIGHT hooligan when I feel like a naughty thrash ninja It's in the most amazing colour ever, and I basically just love it!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Niall: oh well, I'll just have to be really careful!!

Carlos: lol Thanks man Smile No it doesn't bloody tap!!

Poodle: fair enough. It really does handle amazingly. Just SO much grip, and it's so sharp and pointy immediately off centre. The electric steering is taking a little while to get used to, but that's to be expected. Nothing can be bought that will have quite the same amazing steering feel as a 306... and this is bloody good for an electronic system. It does torque steer a bit when you boot it though, especially on cambered roads, but that's just part of the fun Tongue
(21-05-2013, 09:31 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Ed how could you!

THIS!

Whats happening to the pug, you gonna strip it out and track it now you have a boring daily tow car
F*ck da hatorz!!!!

I like that
Pages: 1 2 3 4