Renaultsport Megane R26

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renaultsport Megane R26
As some of you will have seen already either on Facebook or Ace Cafe, I've gone and bought myself an RS Megane R26 in Glacier White Smile

It's a 2008 on just over 47k. It has the standard goodies that come with an R26 like the LSD and suspension setup, Recaro bucket seats, Brembo 4-pot brakes, though mine has two optional extra packs (the LUX pack and the Black pack).

The LUX pack includes keyless entry and start (sensors in the handles that unlock the car as you put your hand on the handle, and buttons on the side and inside the Renault badge on the boot to lock the car), full leather seats, and Xenon headlights.

The black pack means that the car came with gloss black wheels, badges and mirrors, as well as black masked headlights.

The car has also had a number of other extras fitted by the previous owner, so that means for the most part I won't be doing all that much with the car, given that the other modifications I might be tempted to carry out are stupidly expensive.
  • The interior has been re-trimmed in alcantara (dash, centre console, speedo surround, door handles, steering wheel, gear stick gaitor, seat bases and a-pillars) and the speedo surround and the top of the centre console has a white double stitching which match the stitching on the door cards, which is a very nice touch! The seat bases, steering wheel and glove-box strip have also have had the R26 logo embroidered onto the alcantara which looks amazing, and is the only sign that it's an R26 (apart from it being an R26-only colour).
  • R26.r suspension has been fitted, which lowers the car slightly all around
  • R26.r rear spoiler
  • KTEC Stage 1 remap (260bhp and 295 lbs/ft torque)
  • KTEC intercooler
  • KTEC panel filter and airbox mod (the standard airbox is fairly restrictive)
  • Backbox-chop, which means that the car has a bit more volume than standard, though not so loud that the car sounds like it has an aftermarket system. It has an amazing burble when changing gear!

There are also the other goodies that make a huge difference, like climate control, cruise control and speed limiter, auto-headlights. There are so many great features, I'm very impressed and would recommend one to anyone that is looking for a step-up from a GTi-6/Rallye. To be honest, even the 175 DCi is a great car and although it doesn't have all of the shiny bits that come with the R26 (namely the diff) it's still a lot of car for the money.

Anyway, enough talking, time for photos!

Thanks for reading Smile
Thanks given by:
Jesus, they're incredibly dreary looking interiors! Im sure they're well specced but remind me of old vectra which is a shame.

So is yours better than Ed's?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It looks a bit bland but then I'm not fussed about having a flashy interior.

Depends on what you want really, he wanted half leathers while I like the full leathers with keyless entry/start and xenons. Different strokes and all that Smile
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm. I bet the power is lovely but the actual car aint my cup of tea. Looks tidy though.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, but is yours better? lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think 306oc gonna be renamed soon to megane owners club lol it is a very nice car tho love the colour

Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 03:18 PM)kingy Wrote: Mmmmm. I bet the power is lovely but the actual car aint my cup of tea. Looks tidy though.
Fair play man, they're a bit of a marmite car with that back end. I thought they were fugly when they came out but they've massively grown on me (obviously, wouldn't buy one if I didn't like it lol )

(24-08-2013, 03:18 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Yes, but is yours better? lol
Lol I prefer it, but then I'm obviously biased Wink

(24-08-2013, 03:20 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: think 306oc gonna be renamed soon to megane owners club lol it is a very nice car tho love the colour
There are 3 of us on here with them now! I imagine there will be a few more over the next year (not just because we've got them, but because they're coming down in price and a lot of car for the money). Thanks though mate, I love the white! They only did it on the late 2008 R26s as well, so they're pretty rare in white.
Thanks given by:
I don't get why everyone is so 'meh' about these, they're brilliant cars! Really not that different from a 306's, by modern car standards.

Looks lovely Scott!
Thanks given by:
Yeah nice car scott. Loved your 6, personally I love these things have driven a standard 225 one at work go really well and handle lovely. Definitely a step up from a 306 despite what some people think
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As far as modern cars go it's pretty nice mate Smile

I'd have a 205 GTI and a DT as a daily but I'm stuck in the past to be fair...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Theres a routine going on hear, everyone so far that have sold an astor has a megane, does this mean I cant get an s14a next? Tongue

Looks good though chap, lovely colour!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its not shouty enough for me personally!

Looks nice though
Thanks given by:
sheep.............................. lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i love everything apart from the rear spoiler. it looks like the handle on a kids toy pram or something. color coding it white would improve it no end IMO

nice purchase anyway mate, heard nothing but good things about the r26 Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 03:12 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Jesus, they're incredibly dreary looking interiors! Im sure they're well specced but remind me of old vectra which is a shame.

Almost the exact wording that went through my head when i looked at the last 2 pics. I replaced the word "dreary" with "drab" though.

Exterior looks smart though, even though i wouldnt be interested in one myself. I take it you are allowed to mod yours though, unlike Ed's? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A petrol head over the road of my old house had one of these, it was fun and bloody quick but after 40k he had to buy a new turbo and other expensive stuff so got rid of it and wet back to a a 205gti lol

That's a very nice looking car Scott, a great find and fingers crossed you have no issues [THUMBS UP SIGN]
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I quite like the interior! Confused Clean, tidy and functional. Not so keen on the shape of the steering wheel though, but its a similar shape in other Renualts.

Not a fan of the rear end on these but otherwise looks good....and the spec seems damn good as well!! Nice one Scott. Smile
Thanks given by:
I have to say, this looks very nice. Interior touches are very nice too.
Needs some pressed plates and surrounds though!
Thanks given by:
I like the white more than the yellow :/ Sorry Ed.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 04:05 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: I don't get why everyone is so 'meh' about these, they're brilliant cars! Really not that different from a 306's, by modern car standards.

Looks lovely Scott!
Thanks buddy Smile They definitely drive similarly in terms of handling. I've already had a bit of a play with some lift-off oversteer which was fun. The car just has so much more grip than the 306 though, even with the 306 having the coilovers and stiffened suspension all around.

(24-08-2013, 04:15 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Yeah nice car scott. Loved your 6, personally I love these things have driven a standard 225 one at work go really well and handle lovely. Definitely a step up from a 306 despite what some people think
Cheers mate Smile They certainly go well as standard, with a stage 1 they're nuts!

(24-08-2013, 05:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: As far as modern cars go it's pretty nice mate Smile

I'd have a 205 GTI and a DT as a daily but I'm stuck in the past to be fair...
lol Thanks man, I wouldn't expect if to be your cup of tea Wink Way too new for your liking!

(24-08-2013, 05:19 PM)sam Wrote: Theres a routine going on hear, everyone so far that have sold an astor has a megane, does this mean I cant get an s14a next? Tongue

Looks good though chap, lovely colour!
Haha! Who else has has one? Ed and myself have both bought one (bastard got there before me, I was looking at these when I had my 406 coupe!), as has CJ but he bought a 175 DCi and he's not owned an astor? Cheers! The white looks fantastic but it's a pain to keep clean.

(24-08-2013, 05:25 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Its not shouty enough for me personally!

Looks nice though
Really? It stands out like a sore thumb!

(24-08-2013, 05:43 PM)puglove Wrote: sheep.............................. lmao
lol I guess the irony of being on a car club where everyone owns a 306 is lost on you then Tongue

(24-08-2013, 09:13 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: i love everything apart from the rear spoiler. it looks like the handle on a kids toy pram or something. color coding it white would improve it no end IMO

nice purchase anyway mate, heard nothing but good things about the r26 Smile
Thanks Smile It's a fantastic car and I'm very impressed with it. I really like the gloss black spoiler, and I think it's something that definitely grows on you. From down low behind the car I can see why it might look like that but I think that's just the angle Smile I might have some more photos of it on Monday.

(24-08-2013, 09:25 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(24-08-2013, 03:12 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Jesus, they're incredibly dreary looking interiors! Im sure they're well specced but remind me of old vectra which is a shame.

Almost the exact wording that went through my head when i looked at the last 2 pics. I replaced the word "dreary" with "drab" though.

Exterior looks smart though, even though i wouldnt be interested in one myself. I take it you are allowed to mod yours though, unlike Ed's? lol
lol Yeah I can go ahead and do whatever. The car came with an ITG induction kit that Josh (previous owner) had bought not long before deciding to sell, so I'm considering fitting it but the KTEC filter with the airbox mod is apparently equally as good so I'm in two minds about it. It's worth £200 so I might just sell it on and put the money into the tyre fund.

(24-08-2013, 09:29 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: A petrol head over the road of my old house had one of these, it was fun and bloody quick but after 40k he had to buy a new turbo and other expensive stuff so got rid of it and wet back to a a 205gti lol

That's a very nice looking car Scott, a great find and fingers crossed you have no issues [THUMBS UP SIGN]
That'd be a shame if that happened, but then again I guess it's more of an excuse to get bigger and/or hybrid turbo with bigger injectors and shoot for 300 BHP...

Fingers crossed though mate, I'm very careful with my cars anyway, making sure they're properly warmed up before I even think about planting it, so with any luck the car will last Smile

(24-08-2013, 09:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I quite like the interior! Confused Clean, tidy and functional. Not so keen on the shape of the steering wheel though, but its a similar shape in other Renualts.

Not a fan of the rear end on these but otherwise looks good....and the spec seems damn good as well!! Nice one Scott. Smile
Thanks Tom Smile The steering wheel is very comfortable to be honest, and as you say the interior is very functional. I rarely have to touch it anyway, just set the climate control and off you go! Even then the temperature is pretty much always set the same and it's on auto, so it does the same job whenever I get in the car. As for the stereo, it's all controlled by the steering wheel too so I don't really even have to touch or look at that!

(24-08-2013, 10:01 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: I have to say, this looks very nice. Interior touches are very nice too.
Needs some pressed plates and surrounds though!
Yeah I think you're right! I'll have to have a look around for a set Wink Thanks man, I'm glad to be able to park it on the drive now!

(24-08-2013, 10:09 PM)Tom Wrote: I like the white more than the yellow :/ Sorry Ed.
lol you don't need to apologise, he still loves the yellow so no worries there!
Thanks given by:
Can't wait for a ride! (and a go in the car, giggity)

gotta say tho, the back looks awkward as f*ck from that angle!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Eh, its OK I guess.

Nah as said man, absolutely love it - insanely jealous and is great fun to be in! X
Thanks given by:
Is anyone noticing history replaying....

Site owners moving away from 306's...next subs will go up so someone can by some new alloys, is your next car a BMW..?

Love ya babes Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Was looking at these on ebay last night, they do seem to be really quite cheap for what they are, especially if you compare it with say a Cupra R 225!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
got to love white cars
Thanks given by:
Glad you've got this up now mate Smile
As said a few times now, it's a lovely car, well done on getting it Smile

Let me know if you fancy doing a detailing day sometime soon Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
ah I missed this. My sensory scan must have read 'renault' and passed on...

its the interiors that lose out on these for me.
that steering wheel is just shocking.
Looks like its from a 1995 Laguna.

but cant fail to acknowledge how amazing these are to drive.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There was a white one of these on track at Combe, I mentioned at the time how good it looked in that colour. Looks like you got a good one mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 08:23 AM)samass Wrote: Can't wait for a ride! (and a go in the car, giggity)

gotta say tho, the back looks awkward as f*ck from that angle!
lol Sure thing mate, when are you back? Bit of a dodgy angle there tbh. It's spaced out another 32mm on the rear wheels as well Smile

(25-08-2013, 08:32 AM)vlj Wrote: Eh, its OK I guess.

Nah as said man, absolutely love it - insanely jealous and is great fun to be in! X
Thanks mate! I still need to take you out in it properly when it's not wet!

(25-08-2013, 11:04 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: Is anyone noticing history replaying....

Site owners moving away from 306's...next subs will go up so someone can by some new alloys, is your next car a BMW..?

Love ya babes Smile
lol I did wonder how long those comments would take.

(25-08-2013, 11:12 AM)Tom Wrote: Was looking at these on ebay last night, they do seem to be really quite cheap for what they are, especially if you compare it with say a Cupra R 225!
You can pick up a silver 2007 model for around £5k, and it's a hell of a car for the money, especially considering a Stage 1 map will bring it to approx 260 bhp which is enough to embarrass a lot of more expensive 'sports' cars.

(25-08-2013, 04:05 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Glad you've got this up now mate Smile
As said a few times now, it's a lovely car, well done on getting it Smile

Let me know if you fancy doing a detailing day sometime soon Tongue
Thanks again! Thanks for taking me down there, really appreciate it!

(25-08-2013, 04:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: ah I missed this. My sensory scan must have read 'renault' and passed on...

its the interiors that lose out on these for me.
that steering wheel is just shocking.
Looks like its from a 1995 Laguna.

but cant fail to acknowledge how amazing these are to drive.
It might be the angle there as the steering wheel looks nothing like a mk1 Laguna personally. Can't blame you for missing it though! They definitely are a lot of fun though, but when you want to drive very sensibly they're a great daily/motorway cruiser Smile

(25-08-2013, 04:45 PM)Curt Wrote: There was a white one of these on track at Combe, I mentioned at the time how good it looked in that colour. Looks like you got a good one mate Smile
Thanks buddy Smile I remember, it looked fantastic!
Thanks given by:
No idea when I'm back man, sooner rather than later I hope!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26 Ed Doe 112 56,522 18-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b