Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2018
Reputation:
0
Location: RS
Car Model/Spec: 306 XT 1.6
Hi guys,
I was wondering is it possible to connect factory installed volume controls on steering wheel with aftermarket car stereo. Is there to buy some kind of adapters or wires have to be rearranged?
Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
yeh there are adapters you can buy but they have always been a bit flakey as they are manufacturer/model specific. good luck! Most people just remove the stalk.
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2013
I was one of the few ones to keep chasing up a stalk adaptor. It's not always easy as Peugeot fitted different type of adapter with the different phases. Mine is a phase 3, but the stalk connector is of a phase 2. Whatever they had on the shelves. After trying 3 different adapters (they all claimed to be the correct one) this is the one I ended up with autoleads PC99-X19 and a fascia panel adapter FP-04-01:
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autolead...aptor.html
mine connects to a pioneer head unit, so choose the correct one from the drop down menu.
Posts: 1,484
Threads: 101
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation:
2
Location: Oxfordshire
Car Model/Spec: 306HDi 90 LX
when I have the time, i'm going to convert my radio stalk into a switch for a foghorn.
It goes, it stops (as reqd).

Hate Housework!