Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Head gasket on its way out?
#1
Just found this on the oil cap! It's one thing after another with this car Angry I don't drive it as I'm not insured just start it every couple of days
#2
Tu engine by any chance. That doesn't look bad at all. If it's the Tu engine they condensate in the top rocker due to having a plate in there and oil not circulating. If it's not on dipstick don't worry.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#3
I wouldnt worry about that tbh
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#4
Ps means no its not gone
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#5
Thank god for that! My heart sank when I seen it. For the sake of £20-£30 I might replace the head gasket at some point. I had no service history with the car so might be worth doing
#6
Itll cost alot more than £20-30 to replace the head gasket, as youll need to replace the cam belt too
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#7
Also fluids if you end up doing it. Always worth an oil and filter and coolant change
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#8
Yeah when I do it I'll do a service as well Smile will this one do?
#9
Yeah but for £24 I wouldn't trust it. Spend a bit more for peace of mind. There easy to do on it but you wouldn't want to repeat the job
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#10
That is just a bit of condensation due to short journeys. If all you ever do is short journeys, it will get worse than that! Wouldn't worry until you start pressurising coolant or loosing it somewhere.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#11
Thanks guys has given me a lot more piece of mind Big Grin
#12
I'm not insured just start it every couple of days <=- There's ya problem.
#13
(26-04-2014, 10:29 PM)DarkInferno Wrote: I'm not insured just start it every couple of days <=- There's ya problem.

What's the issue?
#14
condensation..

engine never get put under normal load for any period of time, it needs you to sort your insurance out and give it a bloody good driving.
#15
(26-04-2014, 10:50 PM)DarkInferno Wrote: condensation..

engine never get put under normal load for any period of time, it needs you to sort your insurance out and give it a bloody good driving.

Yeah end of May I'm insuring it Smile I need the clutch done at the end of this month so I'm getting day insurance to go get it done so I'll give it a really good drive that day
#16
If you do change the HG, then get a decent brand. The 'cheaper' HGs don't seal well around the oil & water ways, the good ones have the red beading on them (Payen etc). I know from experience!

I got away with just buying the HG on it's own, the exhaust gaskets and bolts aren't much from GSF/ECP. Water pump comes with new gasket too.

Absolute piece of piss to do the HGs on these....loads of room.
#17
(27-04-2014, 09:24 AM)Alan_M Wrote: If you do change the HG, then get a decent brand. The 'cheaper' HGs don't seal well around the oil & water ways, the good ones have the red beading on them (Payen etc). I know from experience!

I got away with just buying the HG on it's own, the exhaust gaskets and bolts aren't much from GSF/ECP. Water pump comes with new gasket too.

Absolute piece of piss to do the HGs on these....loads of room.

Awesome thanks Smile I'll have to look out for a payen one


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice needed please..!!! Head gasket Masonsmummy11 21 8,904 17-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Masonsmummy11

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)