Which discs/pads?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which discs/pads?
I'm a bit unsure of what to buy, now I finally have GTi6 brakes, but no discs/pads.

As ever, the cheaper the better, but I'll spend what's needed to do the job properly at the end of the day.

Suggestions please!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
just bought these - awesome brand with a decent price, definitely suitable for road use

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220573357042? ... 1497.l2649
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Iv heard bad things about mintex google it
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:Iv heard bad things about mintex google it

the only negative reviews i can find are from the "race" pads...

I've got mintex on the rear, and what the t'internet says i can't say i've had the same problems.
Thanks given by:
Brembo discs with Mintex 1144's seems to be a good combo... Depends how much you're looking to spend
Thanks given by:
Curt Wrote:Brembo discs with Mintex 1144's seems to be a good combo... Depends how much you're looking to spend

I run this set-up and I've not suffered fade yet... I do drive them hard too so really do rate them.

Ds2500s are also a very good option, they're slightly worse cold, and slightly better at high temps, but there's not a huge difference between them iirc.

Most on here will tell you to avoid greenstuff like a hooker with a coldsore, I hear fairly good things about bluestuff pads from the 6 forum however.

If you can, I suggest you search for 'russianguy' on the 6 forum, and have a read of his red rallye project thread. There's a post where he goes through every pad he's used and gives feedback; and believe me the guy knows what he's on about!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I'm on std 266 disc's with greenstuff pads excellent upgrade from the standard pads with a 125 map
i have a lot more confidence the estate bus is going to stop now
Thanks given by:
Ds2500 's are awesome!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Gone for these for now, they seem to be very good for the money and will be so much better than HDi brakes with Halfords pads and discs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220573357042? ... 1497.l2649

Thanks given by:
hope you have asked the seller what compound the pads are, you might find that they are standard pads not uprated compound pads
Thanks given by:
As above they are going to be shit standard pads.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
i asked him. they are standard pads. whats up with the greenstuff pads then?
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:i asked him. they are standard pads. whats up with the greenstuff pads then?

greenstuff (EBC) are a different brand to mintex.

correct me if im wrong but i think cully was talking about asking for the mintex pads; you can get a few different type, the 1166? or something which are 'race spec' pads, and then the standard compund pads, which are linked above.
Thanks given by:
No there is a "standard" compound, 1144s and 1155s
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:i asked him. they are standard pads. whats up with the greenstuff pads then?

^^^ if you bothered to read all the thread you would see i am running green stuff pads and am more than happy with them!

i was referring to "asking the ebay seller" as to what grade pads he is selling as there are many pad compounds from standard through to heavy competition to ceramic and so on

just cause its says mintex on the box don't mean to say your getting better pads for your application
Thanks given by:
i did read the thread, and was referring to ed doe's 'like a hooker with coleslaw' comment.
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:ed doe's 'like a hooker with coleslaw'

lol
Thanks given by:
d-jimbo Wrote:i did read the thread, and was referring to ed doe's 'like a hooker with coleslaw' comment.

Sorry, a hooker with what now?? lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
i thought that was pretty standard for a hooker, the good ones anyway...
Thanks given by:
End of the day, I'm on halfords standard pads/discs on HDi brakes, anything will be an inprovement!

Thanks for the help though guys, I'll look into upgrading when these are worn out.

Thanks given by:
Cant beat a good hooker with some coleslaw. Much better than them hookers with saeurkraut or humous.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New pads and fluid, possibly discs. Pebbles167 23 5,180 30-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Last Post: adam b
  Mintex discs and pads opinions Nathan1305 16 3,427 13-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Beam upgrade, which size discs and pads? doogle-d turbo 7 1,638 22-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Last Post: powerandtorque