306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: SRowells Black Rallye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
so not a lot has been happening. Its had a few washes as living in the middle of a forest covers it in tree slime and leaves. the roads are dusty so the filter needs cleaning pretty much every time i take it out. Money is a bit short so itll get the cage put in and that will probably be it for a while apart from a mapping session and track tyres. Will be doing a few cheap things like fixing up the strut brace, helmet nets etc.

It had a trip out to cars on the green and gets the odd thumbs up from people.

[Image: IMG_20160619_141150_zpstxrdjgts.jpg]
Not a whole lot going on at my end but work has been going on at chambers. PAS pipes have been checked over and rerouted so seems to be all good there. Cage is now in and looks good. I think it looks slightly strange as the harness bar is quite high but it all fits really well. The door bars just touch the seat and just touch the door cards so its a pretty perfect fit. On the drive home I also noticed the passenger wingmirror cap wasnt taped on any more so i think carl must have replaced that!

[Image: IMG_20160703_165143_zpsswdjmffa.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160703_170341_zpsbi8nf1uh.jpg]

Pugfest next weekend so will need a cleaning session before then and we should be good to go.
And finally get your harnesses fitted to avoid spinal crush?

Tongue
(03-07-2016, 05:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]And finally get your harnesses fitted to avoid spinal crush?

Tongue

Jesus Christ you're annoying... told me the same thing on Facebook, Instagram and here. As said literally everywhere else... yes you're right... an hour after picking it up I still haven't managed to fit different harnesses.
Don't think the son of God cares that much about how annoying I am about your harnesses lol

Looks great though pal Smile
Looks good pal as i said on facebook had a look when it was at carls!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(03-07-2016, 08:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think the son of God cares that much about how annoying I am about your harnesses lol

Looks great though pal Smile

is Jesus not omnibenevolent? I digress ...

cage looks win, a great addition to a serious car
Having seen the pics on FB, I think it looks great Sam. I had a caged 205 years back, although it was a pain to get in/out, I would love to have a caged car again.

See you Saturday
So the Rallye made it to pugfest despite a misfire that was getting worse and worse. This time I had brought spares! Fitted two new spark plugs as I hadnt brought as many as I thought i had. Wasnt as bad as it was before but sparks were black so definitely needs to go in for that map soon! Event was all good. didnt eat much as I have been unwell but the car performed really well. tyres were terrible so will need to get some track spec ones. Seems to be lots of blurry photos around but have found these two and the others I took myself. Great to see everyone!

[Image: Capture_zpstv8suj9r.png]
[Image: Capture2_zpswzsqmqgj.png]

Majestically sitting on the after all its runs....
[Image: IMG_20160710_212745_zpsdfop4udv.jpg]

then parked up as part of the cavalcade.
[Image: IMG_20160710_133343_1_zpsdayxpxle.jpg]

No more track time booked for this year but want to have another go so will try and book something local.
what colour is those wheels? as I want to do mine in that colour
(12-07-2016, 05:14 AM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]what colour is those wheels? as I want to do mine in that colour

shadow chrome. its a technique not just paint... apparently.
(12-07-2016, 07:44 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2016, 05:14 AM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]what colour is those wheels? as I want to do mine in that colour

shadow chrome. its a technique not just paint... apparently.

I am sure my wheels were chrome too, when I bought the car, as the painters couldn't match it. I might see if anyone can do my wheels in shadow chrome, as it would look lush on moonstone.
Survived the trip back from pugfest and time for a service seeing as the last time it was done was when it hit the road. Admittedly not long ago but it had been sat for a while and has been ragged around track etc. 4 new bosch spark plugs in. Oil and filter change tomorrow hopefully!
If its coking plugs up and burning them out im not sure the cure is just replace them, Dont think id be driving it untill it has a better map something clearly wrong there!
(14-07-2016, 08:53 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]If its coking plugs up and burning them out im not sure the cure is just replace them, Dont think id be driving it untill it has a better map something clearly wrong there!

plugs are cheap and will show whether the pack is bad or if its just crapped out sparks. Will be booked in for mapping soon.
Still waiting on the coil pack from miles but it made the entire EA meet without misfiring! Enjoying the car at the moment but the rainsport 2s are crap. Decent tyres will be next.
Coil pack has arrived but hasnt been fitted. Its possibly had 2 or 3 outings since the EA meet. Misfire seems to only be in hot weather. Will be booking it in with a local mapper shortly.
cadwell park on the 12th sept Wink get it done
booked in for mapping on the 4th of September on a local rolling road. Seen good results there before with harry Storeys 205.
Not only Harrys, a lot of the ECR people go there as well. Smile

Can I tag along?
(24-08-2016, 07:43 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Not only Harrys, a lot of the ECR people go there as well. Smile

Can I tag along?

well im dropping it off on the 4th and then picking it up on the 9th. Lots of time for them to do it in.
Ah ok, never mind then lol.
Well the car was dropped off at DLF classic car restorers which ive heard good things about locally. Theyve certainly done a good job of harry storeys 205 and theyre only 6 miles away from home. Mapping and throttlebody balancing should be done by the end of the week. Big Grin Hoping for 180 which seems pretty conservative.

Before it went i fitted new spark plugs and the new coil pack which i found was already cut ready to drop straight in which was nice as that saved me some time. Also cleaned the car inside and out before it went!

Once its back ill be doing some more general tidy up along with putting some thoughts into the suspension. Ive seen big brakes around and im tempted but the stock brakes and ds2500 pads are doing really well and its the avo suspension thats really causing issues when the coilovers bottom out. Will have to look into refurbishing and getting the shafts machined down.
Im selling my wilwoods if your looking at staying on 15's sam Smile
So this was dropped off at dlf classics which is 4 miles up the road to me. I've seen good work there and they certainly had a nice rolling road and a great collection of cars.

It was mapped on Thursday morning. I had already put new plugs in and fitted a replacement coil pack but it started misfiring on the rolling road. The sparks and pack were swapped out again. 

Anyway it has been mapped successfully and apparently 197hp at the fly and 167hp at the wheels along with 170 torque. I feel that's extremely ambitious so I'll have to try a few other rolling roads. The important thing is though that it is mapped now and it goes really really well!

When i first got in it i was dubious thst it had any more power than when I took it in. As soon as the narrow lane opened up it was spinning up where it hadnt before and the rate it moves cruise through the rev range and on the speedo is way better than before. Pre napping it struggled to keep up with bates stock 6 so itll be interesting to see what happens in a rematch.

Apparently fpr is up to 4.5 bar now and injectors were running close to the limit so they've backed then down to 80% duty cycle. Again not sure ive heard of people running 4.5 bar. Standard fuel pump appears to be having no issues.

For anyone who was wondering whether it was running rich or lean it was apparently running lean with timing out. Fun times.

The misfiring does present itself now and again so I'll be looking into remote wasted spark coil packs and a decent pack of ht leads.

Anyway... It goes well and I'm enjoying it as always!
Sweet man. Really need to see this again at some point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that 170lbft of torque? Can't be Nm surely?
should be lbft, standard is over 180 nm
yes its lbft. 197hp seems well over the top for a standard engine and bodies. I was expecting about 180-185 so Im happy to estimate it at 185.
(12-09-2016, 09:22 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]should be lbft, standard is over 180 nm

Yeah that's what I was thinking lol, I thought Nm was standard these days though.

(12-09-2016, 09:49 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]yes its lbft. 197hp seems well over the top for a standard engine and bodies. I was expecting about 180-185 so Im happy to estimate it at 185.

That's alright then. I take it they didn't give a 'before' power figure to compare? Will have to see how it compares to the ST now. Wink lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25