306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: SRowells Black Rallye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Sorted out a few little things yesterday. Got some replacement replacement window winders which are the proper colour. Got these off bashs old 2.1 before its scrapped. Then also fitted the jack and wheel brace holder as someone had removed it and fitted and amp earth instead. No more jack and brace flying around the boot!

[Image: IMG_20160404_113549_zpso9rwo8nl.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160404_113553_zpses3zkaim.jpg]
lol.....
ive never been able to fit my jack into that holder and now its just twigged!
Ive got the wrong type of jack!

DOH!
Looks good all clean and shiny. Can't wait to go against it at FCS
(05-04-2016, 11:40 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]lol.....
ive never been able to fit my jack into that holder and now its just twigged!
Ive got the wrong type of jack!

DOH!

Ahh you muppet! It fits well!

(05-04-2016, 11:56 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good all clean and shiny. Can't wait to go against it at FCS

Should be good! Not sure what mods it will have come FCS... but... it will be there one way or another!
Didn't manage to get much done. Cleaned all the door shuts and sills etc tonight and took the boot carpet out which needs a serious clean. Some of the oem holes in the boot I could see were bare metal so gave then a quick blast of satin black to cover them up. Vacuumed inside out and its looking pretty respectable. Haven't driven the car since it's clay and polish but the rain has already ruined it.
Busy doing website things this evening and then went down to the sailing club in the rallye which was a fun drive. Between the two I did manage to cut some foam for the boot lining. All fits well just didnt get a photo after. Also started wirewheeling the spare wheel carrier.

[Image: IMG_20160406_180633_zpsfhregxca.jpg]

306oc and mightycarmods stickers fitted as well!
Amazing progress mate
Sam pretty soon i'm going to be offering Powdercoated spare wheel carriers & assorted bracketry as i work in the right place to get the parts cheap enough and have the contact to get powdercoating done as a cheap enough rate to offer the parts at a reasonable price Smile
(07-04-2016, 09:18 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing progress mate

Now youre just taking the piss. Im working from home at the moment so have a few hours each evening just to sort little bits out.

(07-04-2016, 09:31 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Sam pretty soon i'm going to be offering Powdercoated spare wheel carriers & assorted bracketry as i work in the right place to get the parts cheap enough and have the contact to get powdercoating done as a cheap enough rate to offer the parts at a reasonable price Smile

Sounds good. Ive got a tub of hammerite so will try and get these bits done but ill be interested to see what you can offer. Are you using electrolysis on bits?
(07-04-2016, 09:51 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2016, 09:18 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing progress mate

Now youre just taking the piss. Im working from home at the moment so have a few hours each evening just to sort little bits out.

(07-04-2016, 09:31 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Sam pretty soon i'm going to be offering Powdercoated spare wheel carriers & assorted bracketry as i work in the right place to get the parts cheap enough and have the contact to get powdercoating done as a cheap enough rate to offer the parts at a reasonable price Smile

Sounds good. Ive got a tub of hammerite so will try and get these bits done but ill be interested to see what you can offer. Are you using electrolysis on bits?

All the parts will have the sandblast and acid dip treatment before being coated, The finish on my front anti roll bar and axle mounts is absolutely flawless Big Grin  you wouldn't get the same minty fresh effect with any paint. Have a look under Zakks gti6 next time its out and you will see what i mean
yep seen your parts and they look great. Definitely let me know when you start doing things.
If you want thise plastics trims to come uo better bring them up the workshop and ill sort them out with heat gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearing out the parts stores I binned a whole load of things that I wont use again. Whilst I was at it I decided to check the fitment of the 3 door mounts to my buckets.

Looks like we have a few options. Either I can go... bucket seat, 5 door frame adapter, 5 door slider, 3 door frame. Or i can go bucket seat, after market slider, 3 door frame. Advantage of using the 5 door frame bits is that it already has a mount on the inside for the seat belt which saves drilling and mounting one through the chassis. It only makes the seat higher up by about an inch and it doesnt use the holes that someone seems to have butchered. 

I think the big one for me is having that inside belt mounting point ready to go and also avoiding the craply extended holes.

[Image: IMG_20160416_142336_zpstr0d9ehs.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160416_142344_zps9uvr0n2d.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160416_142348_zps7lxuvilg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160416_142405_zps9pjfkwcy.jpg]
Managed to get a little bit done tonight. Grabbed a whole load of bits from the parts store and started to clean them up. Cleaned up a washer bottle but actually seemed to have loads of dirt or growth on the inside which was a bit weird. Cleaned up and polished the blue anodised FPR that I need for the bodies. Cleaned up the longman inlet manifold. Finally disassembled and reassembled the linkage assembly. Gave it a bit of a polish and im unsure whether to paint it as it will always start to go rusty. Reassembled and onto the bodies when i next have time.

[Image: IMG_20160418_201900_zpsbcjb19lc.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160418_201906_zpsnqdfv1s7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20160418_215423_zpszy44sf3w.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160418_220921_zpsdfho65a6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160418_200605_zps5igwoxue.jpg]

When I reassembled it I definitely thought there should be washers where there werent washers. Double checked some diagrams and I am indeed missing a few pieces so have now ordered those. Definitely missing a 19 as there is an extra nut instead of the 3mm spacer and a few 16s.

[Image: Capture_zpsbqtewdin.png]

There are also two ways of mounting the linkage. It can go ontop of the bodies or underneath them. Underneath them is a cleaner look but it would be a right pain if something came undone as you would have to take the bodies off to see what the problem was. Think im going to keep it simple and keep it ontop for now.

[Image: Capture2_zpssfz5mwws.png]
no linkage is even simpler Wink
(18-04-2016, 09:35 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]no linkage is even simpler Wink

Do tell
its all shown on my project thread, i saved £90 by specifying a pq2 lever which takes the cable directly, made an outer cable bracket, 90 degree v-brake noodle to do the bend and keep the cable short and neat
quick note that for the proper nissens rad its nissens part no. 61252A
Been over to chambers tonight to pick up some omex throttlebodied gti6 maps. Ive got 3 so there should be at least one which is usable as a base map.

Having got home from chambers I now realise that I've got everything I need to fit the bodied apart from a 1.8 coil pack. Fairly sure that went with the 1.8 engine I gave to chambers so it's probably sitting on a shelf in his locked workshop.... Gti6 is sequential where as the Omex is semi sequential wasted spark so.... Looks like it won't be running this weekend but at least we can get most of the work done.

Niall has told me the 1.8 coilpack fits as that's what he used on his SC 6. Needs the cover removing and abit chopping to fit the 6 head but otherwise is good to go and is plug and play with the Omex.
Sounds promising Smile
Yup the xsi coil pack is neat I also use it on mine.
Managed to get my old 1.8 coilpack back so just have to go and pick thst up tonight and should be good to go Smile
No mincing here....

Crack on Sam! Look forward to the updates.
What are you on about? There's more mince in here than a butcher's!

I have found out a few things about cages. So the omp one is the cheapest and clears thr glove box however it doesn't clear the door cards. The safety devices cage does however clear the door cards but not the glove box. My thoughts are to get a safety devices cage and have the cross and harness bars welded in so it's probably going to be the best part of a grand to get thst all done.
(22-04-2016, 10:44 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]What are you on about? There's more mince in here than a butcher's!

lol

I'm kinda comparing to a Nile 6 on here that also has had a set of bodies for a while.  Itwasntme
(22-04-2016, 11:39 AM)mr_fish Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2016, 10:44 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]What are you on about? There's more mince in here than a butcher's!

lol

I'm kinda comparing to a Nile 6 on here that also has had a set of bodies for a while.  Itwasntme

Oh if you're using that as a comparison this is lightening fast.
(22-04-2016, 11:53 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]

lol

Oh if you're using that as a comparison this is lightening fast.

Shows how little you two know then doesn't it Wink

lol

Thought I'd kept that secret! ninja Confused

would that cover the fuel tank support?
Heeeeey, I'm getting around to it :p eventually...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25