306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Glad to hear it passed buddy, though I'm surprised that it needed a new rear shock! Looking forward to seeing more updates in the new year before show season!
Just read this back to back, lovely car and in the best colour...

Some serious misinformation in this thread, so just to clear it up. The stock ECU works perfectly with boost, you just need to fit a different map sensor (pennies) and then have the map linearisations changes in the ecu to cope with vacuum and positive pressure.

Wayne at Chip Wizards can do this.

JP
It's not that people are saying you can't, it's just the way in which it's done to accommodate this change isn't the ideal way of doing so.
(02-01-2014, 10:25 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Just read this back to back, lovely car and in the best colour...

Some serious misinformation in this thread, so just to clear it up. The stock ECU works perfectly with boost, you just need to fit a different map sensor (pennies) and then have the map linearisations changes in the ecu to cope with vacuum and positive pressure.

Wayne at Chip Wizards can do this.

JP

But as far as i know, has only just worked out how to do this?
(02-01-2014, 10:28 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that people are saying you can't, it's just the way in which it's done to accommodate this change isn't the ideal way of doing so.

(03-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]apparently the standard ECU doesnt like boost.

(03-11-2013, 11:36 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]The standard ECU can't work with boost.

That seems to insinuate stock ECU can't handle boost, but it can.

There was an old workaround that was done before Wayne knew how to relinearise the map sensor scale on the 1AP ecu which is how most of the low boosters run. Some have been converted as the vacuum map setup is crap.

If you set it up with the full scale map (negative and boost) sensor, it's the same as every other aftermarket ECU without the cost...

(02-01-2014, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]But as far as i know, has only just worked out how to do this?

Last couple of years I think...
(02-01-2014, 10:46 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2014, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]But as far as i know, has only just worked out how to do this?

Last couple of years I think...

Seems odd then that all low boost lynx kits use the old style not seeing boost design. I thought it was literally a very recent thing that he discovered you could fit a proper map sensor.
Either way, its not an easy way to map them and considering that Wayne is the only guy in the country that knows these inside out, its pretty limiting!

Anyway, don't want to spam up Carlos' thread Smile
The kit was developed, it worked and was left at that.

I wasn't spamming the thread, trying to help Carlos out with options! Would love to see another boosted 6!
Thanks for all the above advice!

In more recent news, shit all has happened.
Picked up a spare centre console ready for paint, and sorted a knocking under braking out.

If the weather is okay Friday, I'm planning to loose a bit more weight. Rest of the plastics in the rear to come out at least. Carpets might come up too.
And does anyone know how to remove the headlining?
Great to hear Smile weight is un-necessary any way Wink

I am also hoping for good weather friday. Got the day off to work on the car Big Grin

Got any recent pics?
(07-01-2014, 11:05 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Great to hear Smile weight is un-necessary any way Wink

I am also hoping for good weather friday. Got the day off to work on the car Big Grin

Got any recent pics?

Nope. Car's f'king minging atm. Don't it's used to country road abuse haha, too many clean london roads.
The joys of living/working in the countryside eh.

Do you know the roof lining comes out? 'Cause you know, not like its loud enough as is or anyyhing...
I've lost you with the roof lining bit lol

Maybe I've had too many beers
roof lining is stuck on. Take all pillar plastics off, sun visors and handles and two lights, remove boot seal along the top and just rip the bastard down (be careful if you want to reuse it otherwise it will crease)
(02-01-2014, 11:11 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]The kit was developed, it worked and was left at that.

I wasn't spamming the thread, trying to help Carlos out with options! Would love to see another boosted 6!

FFS so wayne could have mapped my ecu so I wouldn't kept stalling/not catching the idle

good work scott and carlos ahhhh want to track mine now cage, seats and harness s just sitting in the man shed hmmm what todo Dodgy
Sell me your cage Wink
And sell me your seats and harness.
Unless the cage is a full cage?
(08-01-2014, 07:05 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Sell me your cage Wink

Can do ill put a add up tonite (sorry to spam your thread carlos )
Righto. Had a day off today and the weather was okay so decided to have a moring on the car.

Started off as it was before (cage in, few bits of plastics out etc)

So first off was to get rid of most of the plastics from the rear.
Ended up looking like so;
[attachment=12613]

And what's the point of it looking half race-car?
Out came the rear carpet;
[attachment=12614]
[attachment=12615]

Had a bit of a break by painting a little bit
[attachment=12616]

Decided to man up and remove the headlining
[attachment=12617]

And finally treated to a very quick clean!
[attachment=12618]
Looks great with that cage man!
Cage looks awesome Smile

Was this the £75 one from up north somewhere?
(10-01-2014, 04:09 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Cage looks awesome Smile

Was this the £75 one from up north somewhere?

F'ck you, I'm not up north.
It's the one Dan was selling a while back in Brum.
That is north. Everything north of the thames is north :p

Car's looking sweet though man Smile
Intersting mounting points on that cage, looks great in purple

I've got some seats and harness if you want?

Grant I have a cage for sale if you want?
Bit of of my budget dude. Cheers anyway.

Not that its overpriced, I'm just skint Wink
(10-01-2014, 04:42 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Intersting mounting points on that cage, looks great in purple

I've got some seats and harness if you want?

Grant I have a cage for sale if you want?

It's only a half cage, thatr's probably why it looks odd!

I'll have a look through the for sale section in a sec and see if you've got a thread up.

(10-01-2014, 04:58 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of of my budget dude. Cheers anyway.

Not that its overpriced, I'm just skint Wink

You don't know how tempted I am to sell you mine and but that one instead!
Please do it. I'll meet you halfway Big Grin
Righty-o.
Next on the to-do list is seats/harnesses. At the moment will probably just do the drivers side. Found this deal which looks alright.

Also want a new steering wheel.
Dished and suede would be quite lovely. Never looked into this stuff before, so I guess I need a boss (any reccomendations) and a wheel obviously.

Next question comes to airbag lights, steering wheel won't have airbags and neither will drivers side. I can turn the passenger side off with the key, but I presume some trickery will have to be done to stop the airbag light coming on?
You won't have any airbags left will you? Except the one in the dash? Take the bulb and airbag edu out.

Seats look to be a good deal too
(10-01-2014, 05:32 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]You won't have any airbags left will you? Except the one in the dash? Take the bulb and airbag edu out.

Seats look to be a good deal too

Only the ones in passenger seat and dash... for now!

edu? not used to all this malarkay, only had ph1 before, airbags are something entirely new to me haha!

Payday is always a bad day for wanting things!
Typo, my bad. Meant to say airbag ECU. Its the silver box with orange plugs under the centre console (ash tray)
(10-01-2014, 05:42 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Typo, my bad. Meant to say airbag ECU. Its the silver box with orange plugs under the centre console (ash tray)

Cool cool.

Is a steering wheel change as easy as it sounds?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18