306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
He means to make the plastics more black, as they fade over time. It still has the standard GTi-6 spoiler so no need for tiger seal or anything like that Smile
Erm amie has already the Astor / purple scheme going on! It does look awesome!
Right, not a lot has happened on this since last time I posted. However, I thought I'd talk about my plans for this...
Set myself a deadline of PPC next year for all of this to be done by so I can get some track time in!
Adding rough costs next to things so I can plan what should be added and when...

Plans;
Fresh coat of wax and sealant - have ran out of sealant so going to give another brand a go - £30
Re-furb current wheels - keeping them white, but will probably use purple nuts/stud conversion - £10 upwards.
Black masks - have got them, just need the lenses bringing back to life - FREE!
New front badge - colours y0. - £25
Upper and lower strut braces - £130
Coilovers - currently looking at AP as they seem to get decent reviews - £370
Track wheels and tyres - haven't a clue on wheels yet, but tyres potentially R888's (£485) or AD08 (£300) + wheels

So probably looking around £600 before wheels and tyres. Might hold out on wheels and tyres until I've done a few track sessions as that bumps everything up to £1000.
We shall see.
Very long term plans include the idea of either bodies or charging, we shall see...
Love it mate, great to see some epic plans for this, and great to see it was being kept nice and tidy at the weekend Wink
Right-o, bit of an update. Not much to show for it yet as I've only just ordered some stuff this very second!

First off, ordered some bits to keep my cleaning obsession happy. Trying something a bit new, so we'll see how it goes.
Einszett Pro Range Glanz Wax
Einszett Rain Dance Sealant
Einszett Exclusive Gloss Shampoo

Pressed plates and surrounds... because everything looks better with pressed plates!

And last but not least, a pair of black OMP strut braces. Got a bit of an offer, so came to £116 delivered, which I don't think is all that bad!

Now to sit and wait for the postman!
Got for ad08s mate. They last for ever from the reviews I read!
Carlos there is a set of KW coilovers in the for sale section for £170 at the moment!

Loving the plans. Look forward to seeing it!
(23-09-2013, 07:42 PM)Just Sean Wrote: [ -> ]Got for ad08s mate. They last for ever from the reviews I read!

Very tempted by them! Might get a couple of track days under my belt before I splash out though. We'll see, doubt that'll happen though. Racecar or no car! :p

(23-09-2013, 07:44 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Carlos there is a set of KW coilovers in the for sale section for £170 at the moment!

Loving the plans. Look forward to seeing it!

Cheers buddy! Hadn't clocked them!
Coil overs are next on the list I think.

Still in two minds to keep the interior as standard as possible, or to strip the rear and buckets, or rears and buckets, or fully stripped. SO MANY CHOICES. LOUD NOISES.
Bit of an update. All done over the last week or two.

First of all;
Strut braces have been fitted.
Before;
[Image: IMG_20130925_155941_zpsbfaf1f04.jpg]

After;
[Image: IMG_20130925_172132_zps12631ef5.jpg]

No pictures of the lower one however.
It's a very tight fit on the lower one, and occasionally knocks at idle, no idea why, as it's supposed to be a '6 one.

Pressed plates and surrounds have been fitted.
Excuse the filthy car!

Before;
[Image: IMG_20130926_180427_zpsab2cf397.jpg]

After;
[Image: IMG_20130926_180816_zpsa2050894.jpg]

Much smarter IMO. Know the surrounds won't be to everyones tastes though!

Had a go at the bonnet with the new spray wax that's turned up, still waiting on the hard wax however.
Megs #80, followed by Megs Gold Class liquid wax, followed by Spray Wax
[Image: IMG_20131003_184746_zps8f692d0b.jpg]

And to show how well the spray wax works by itself. Just after a quick wash and once over with spray wax;
[Image: IMG_20130927_144231_zpsf9e0c522.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130927_144209_zps9d8f3e50.jpg]

And finally, quick shot parked up at work!
[Image: IMG_20130928_090143_zps1f41271b.jpg]
The strut braaces will knock for a while eventually it will bend into shape and not do it anymore Smile
(03-10-2013, 08:10 PM)vlj Wrote: [ -> ]The strut braaces will knock for a while eventually it will bend into shape and not do it anymore Smile

Best hurry up and sort itself then! :p
Is it an OMP lower brace, or a PhillipM/Ripp one?

The latter will not knock, the OMP or similar will. Hence why everyone ripps off ripps arm when he makes them. Fecking good bits of kit TBF
(04-10-2013, 08:59 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Is it an OMP lower brace, or a PhillipM/Ripp one?

The latter will not knock, the OMP or similar will. Hence why everyone ripps off ripps arm when he makes them. Fecking good bits of kit TBF

OMP one. Might get the hammer out on it haha. Not the end of the world with the knocking though, plan on stiffening everything else up (giggidy) so there'll be a fair few more vibrations then haha.
It's great to see things are still moving along with this and it's being well kept Smile Love it!
Seam welding the subframe is a good place to stiffen the front up too Smile

If you get a billet engine mount DO NOT FIT A BILLET MOUBT IN THE FORK ASWELL!!!!

You will die every time you drive your car lol
(04-10-2013, 09:53 AM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's great to see things are still moving along with this and it's being well kept Smile Love it!

Things are indeed moving along. Half cage should be in end of this month/next month.
Started off with the idea of keeping the interior standard, but thinking about buckets now too haha!

(04-10-2013, 10:58 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Seam welding the subframe is a good place to stiffen the front up too Smile

If you get a billet engine mount DO NOT FIT A BILLET MOUBT IN THE FORK ASWELL!!!!

You will die every time you drive your car lol

I'll see how still the front is after coilovers go on, haven't got plans for mounts being changed yet, but we'll see haha!
like the car, but FOR FUCKS SAKE can SOMEONE sort the title?
(04-10-2013, 12:56 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]like the car, but FOR FUCKS SAKE can SOMEONE sort the title?

It's right isn't it?
Apart from that it missing a soul etc...
I dunno, I always assumed there was an R in CaRlos..... lol
(04-10-2013, 01:02 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno, I always assumed there was an R in CaRlos..... lol

How didn't I see that?!
BecauseRetard..... Tongue
Half cage will be going into this soon!

Has also had wash and wax/sealant for winter now... (any excuse to whore)
[attachment=10766]

Annnnnd... may or may not be looking at this

Trouble is getting a new inlet, as I guess you can't use the standard inlet?
You could use a cut down version of the stock mani if you wanted, can't see any reason why it wouldn't work
(11-10-2013, 05:01 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]You could use a cut down version of the stock mani if you wanted, can't see any reason why it wouldn't work

Interesting.
Should work out cheaper than 'charging. Plenty of T2s and the likes around nowadays. Should be enough to start me off!
Better get saving.

Also, if all works out, I don't plan on running too much boost, 6/7psi maybe, should see reasonable gains without the need for aftermarket management hopefully.

Not really looked into it all that much, so if anyone knows more than me, please do shout up!
You could get someone in the UK to make you a similar exhaust mani for probably near half the cost of the DP one..

If you're only planning on running that level of boost.. maybe a homebrew charger setup would be a better option? More linnear power delivery for much less strain to internals
Will the standard management cope with boost?
(11-10-2013, 08:31 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Will the standard management cope with boost?

Only one way to find out!
(11-10-2013, 08:35 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2013, 08:31 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Will the standard management cope with boost?

Only one way to find out!

Get that mani made up then!
Stock management will cope with boost.. but it's gotta be mapped by someone that knows what they're doing.. aka wayne @ chip wizards
Righty-tighty.
No pictures of the outside for once, mainly because;
1 - nothing's changed
2 - it's filthy!

Only update is that the back half is now stripped out.
Did it tonight, in the rain and dark!
So I thought I'd do a 30-70 run in 3rd. Could obviously be a LOT faster starting in 2nd, but gives a result to compare to the DERV boys on here.

Quick video of 30-70

On my private runway of course

Mainly strippage is needed beacuse I'm picking up a half cage tomorrow, and it won't go in with the seats in, so I went all racecar on it, sound deading and plastics are removed, but there is more that can come out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18