Gti6 crank sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 crank sensor
Does anyone know where the crank sensor is on a 98 gti6? i've tried searching but cant seem to find anything, also does anyone know how hard/easy they are to change & get to?
[Image: Pugsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's near the crank bud!

And very easy to change
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This what im looking for? apologies for being a think shit, not had much to do with engines before

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/205-1-6-206-1-...41521ae703
Thanks given by:
Its a blue plug, front of the engine left hand side just next to the cam cover. Whats the problem bud?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
cheers mate, one im going to look at saturday, said the crank sensors gone, he checked the ohms of the sensor and got no reading, was just wondering how much hassle it would be changing it if i decided to buy it.
Thanks given by:
sorry bud i read cam sensor for some reason.

Crank sensor is on top of gearbox where it meets the block right underneath the thermostat housing. Its bolted into the box with a 10mm bolt and has a 10cm fly lead coming off of it into a brown 3 pin plug.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
no worries mate, that sounds more like what i found on ebay, this what im needing then? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/205-1-6-206-1-...41521ae703
Thanks given by:
Spot on mate. Its a bit of a PITA to get out. Need a 10mm spanner and small hands unless you want to take the top rad hose and thermostat housing off but obviously it will all need rebleeding then.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
cheers for the help mate, not worried about that will get it out somehow, girlfriend has small hands lol hopefully the whole cars in as good condition as he claims it isSmile
Thanks given by:
Sounds a bit iffy to me, DIY and OHM's law is never a good thing and for the sake of £20.00 wouldn't you replace it
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2013, 10:53 PM)miles Wrote: Sounds a bit iffy to me, DIY and OHM's law is never a good thing and for the sake of £20.00 wouldn't you replace it

Sorry what? What's the difference between me doing it and a mechanic doing it? Any decent mechanic will test a sensor before just ripping their customer off and replacing stuff that might not need replacing.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Got a pretty much brand new crank sensor here for £10 delivered if you want it?

Smile
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crank sensor Michaelc5086 2 1,253 26-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Last Post: allye