santa pod, DT vs. TDI

Poll: who will win..
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
GT2052 Dturbo
68.42%
13 68.42%
ibiza cupra tdi 160
31.58%
6 31.58%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
santa pod, DT vs. TDI
Mines currently at 16psi and not at full throttle (stop screw wound in a few turns) and its, well slow. I need to get out there and tune it properly and see what it can do
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 03:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I reckon he'd still pull away from you on the straights though....

This could be quite bad at Santa Pod
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbf I don't know anything about Santa pod except that its a race track haha....
Thanks given by:
Yours would win fo sho! The little 205 has embarrassed many 200+ bhp cars Cool
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 10:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbf I don't know anything about Santa pod except that its a race track haha....

Santa Pod is a drag strip, kinda straight...
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
ask them to pop a chicane in for you....defo win then!!! haha!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Can you not put loads of ice cubes on the top mount before taking your run? I'm sure I've seen that done before on Impreza's!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
It depends how soon before I do the run that I can put them on, too early then they will melt and probably make the heatsoak worse.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 12:55 PM)Ricky Wrote: It depends how soon before I do the run that I can put them on, too early then they will melt and probably make the heatsoak worse.

Yeah but too late and you won't get the full cooling effect haha. Have to have a good guess
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dry ice ftw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ice on the tmic would work, as would a spray as suggested by the rev.

Tbh i think it'll be a close-run thing, VNT means he's got a massive area under the curve, whereas the dt's power band will be more peaky. That difference will also make it harder for you to get the power down in the first three gears. Am i right in thinking cupra's came with traction control and lsd...? Or did they not do a diesel cupra for this gen...? Can't remember, either way he's going to find it a lot easier to get the power down.

That's all marginal really though, as others have already said - the rest is going to come down to how well you can drive your respective cars.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 07:03 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: just throw some ice on it just before you go. cool it down nicely!

(09-01-2013, 09:28 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Can you not put loads of ice cubes on the top mount before taking your run? I'm sure I've seen that done before on Impreza's!

This is an absolutely amazing idea and if you were on the road or a track day id say do it.

However is santa pod see the water dripping under our car from melting ice they wont let you run. The surface at santa pod is not tarmac and once wet becomes like an ice rink.
Thanks given by:
Judging by my speedo video, I don't think I stand a chance. This is part 2nd, mainly 3rd, at around 17psi. And only bout 40 to 60 as there was a car in the way..

[Image: th_VIDEO0055.jpg]
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i think we need a more balls out no excuses video t ocompare better tbh Big Grin
Thanks given by:
From speaking to him today, I am 90% sure he's going to pull out anyway!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Pfft tell him to man the f*ck up, I'd race you in my golf.

Well, if it wasn't in a million pieces now anyway. lol

But seriously, I wanna know the result of this!
Thanks given by:
The main reason he will pull out, is because he's scared of losing. Couple of people at work have put money on me winning! So he's getting worried.

Another person I wanted to race is my dad with his BMW 320d coupe, he thinks it's the fastest and best looking car in the world, but at 150hp and over 1300kg he wouldn't stand much chance i don't think.. But again he wont do it because he's scared of losing to a 15 year old rattly diesel..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Scared of losing? What's the point playing then? Someone has to lose for another to win....obviously. Can't stand people that are all talk like that.... It's not like you'd be playing for pink slips lol.
Thanks given by:
make up some bull about other people betting on him Big Grin
big his ego up a bit, maybe say your best estimate is about 140 or something

you gotta get him to do it anyway!
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 11:27 PM)Ricky Wrote: The main reason he will pull out, is because he's scared of losing. Couple of people at work have put money on me winning! So he's getting worried.

Another person I wanted to race is my dad with his BMW 320d coupe, he thinks it's the fastest and best looking car in the world, but at 150hp and over 1300kg he wouldn't stand much chance i don't think.. But again he wont do it because he's scared of losing to a 15 year old rattly diesel..

this pretty much sums up all that is great about boosted xud ownership. people know its quick but never sure just how quick or how worried they should be when you pull up alongside at traffic lights Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 11:41 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: this pretty much sums up all that is great about boosted xud ownership. people know its quick but never sure just how quick or how worried they should be when you pull up alongside at traffic lights Smile

its awesome when they look at it all smug had some guy in a mk4 golf gti look the car over, see the dturbo badge then chuckle to himself, i bet he wasnt chuckling when i was pulling away nicely! lol
Thanks given by:
i like seeing all the confidence instantly disappear from blokes faces as soon as they here my turbo spool and are left choking on the coal left behind Big Grin
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 11:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Scared of losing? What's the point playing then? Someone has to lose for another to win....obviously. Can't stand people that are all talk like that.... It's not like you'd be playing for pink slips lol.

I keep playing it down, I do believe he will win, and I keep telling him that, but then everyone else keeps winding him up lol.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 12:03 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: i like seeing all the confidence instantly disappear from blokes faces as soon as they here my turbo spool and are left choking on the coal left behind Big Grin

Watch out, we got a badass here.

haha Tongue
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Way I see it ricky is get the fuel/boost up get it on the rollers aand give us abit more to go off
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
I have the same issue with people at work, keep talking about organising a track day for ourselves but I think they're scared I'll ra*e then once my new turbo is on.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 02:50 AM)the milkman Wrote: Way I see it ricky is get the fuel/boost up get it on the rollers aand give us abit more to go off

Can't get it dyno'd as I have no rev counter.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Water spray on the intercooler? or buy an old bonnet and hack a hole into it for the run?
Thanks given by:
Or run with no bonnet!? Be awesome, always wanted to try a car with no bonnet!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Ha that could be a plan...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else got secret santa for work colleagues? MCH 5 1,275 06-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  306 Spotted Fast Show Santa Pod Lwilliams 0 797 24-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams
  santa pod USC for birthday. the milkman 6 1,785 15-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: chrisrallye