Heater control pannel bypass??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater control pannel bypass??
Well I belive my control pannle has packed up can I bypass it so I can just get some fan speed, my car is a phase 1 d turbo

Thanks given by:
Symptoms of it packing up? I think mine might have aswell...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Was only working on 1 and 2 but had to fiddle the knob to get them come to it this morning and it dosent work what so ever

Thanks given by:
Exactly the same as mine!! Had 1 and 2 then after i had the dash out it had died all together :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm well gona see if scrappy open tomorrow to get a control pannel see if that fixes it hope it dose will update when I tryed it

Thanks given by:
Thanks man! Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2012, 09:18 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: had to fiddle the knob to get them come

giggety

sorry.....
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 01:04 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

giggety

sorry.....

Lol I new that was comeing Wink

Thanks given by:
Sounds like a resiter pack has gone, you will find it under the scuttle panel, inside the intake duckt for the warm air into the car (pasenger side)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 11:03 AM)puglove Wrote: Sounds like a resiter pack has gone, you will find it under the scuttle panel, inside the intake duckt for the warm air into the car (pasenger side)

This is what i thought but, when the resistor packs go you generally have a speed still working not just bam all dead at once :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 11:03 AM)puglove Wrote: Sounds like a resiter pack has gone, you will find it under the scuttle panel, inside the intake duckt for the warm air into the car (pasenger side)

Mine had a new ristor about 2 days ago so i no it wasnt that

Bought a new control panel fitted it then broke it in the process now i carnt select were i wont the air to be directed so i now need yet another control panel but once i connected it up checked to see if it works nope not working so deiced to look at the motor and the wire had come of the motor Undecided

what a ball ache for the sake of one wire so pushed it back on now all works fine (got all fan speeds now but think that was the control panel) so now i need yet another control panel but i manged to make sure its on windscreen so all is good for now.

So i say get a new panel and make sure your cable is on at the motor lol

Thanks given by:
Did you find the cable to be a right lady garden to get onto the motor? Like all the plastic housing in the way.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
yer thats the one, still not 100% gona see if i can get a spade connector to fit when i can be arsed to lay under dash agin

Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 02:20 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: yer thats the one, still not 100% gona see if i can get a spade connector to fit when i can be arsed to lay under dash agin

Thats what i was thinking ditch the originals, might even solder the new ones on or something lol and extend the f*cking wires cos they literally just fit!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 02:30 PM)Tom Wrote:
(27-12-2012, 02:20 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: yer thats the one, still not 100% gona see if i can get a spade connector to fit when i can be arsed to lay under dash agin

Thats what i was thinking ditch the originals, might even solder the new ones on or something lol and extend the f*cking wires cos they literally just fit!

That was my plan to, have you fixed yours now??

Thanks given by:
(27-12-2012, 01:04 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

giggety

sorry.....

Lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
No Chris not yet, im going to give it a go tomorrow might crack out the battery charger and bench test it aswell and see if i can narrow it down. Will update in here if you want? Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yer let me no how you get on would like to no what has happened to yours.

Thanks given by:
Tested the fan terminals with a battery charger and it was sparking and cutting in and out. So clearly a wank connection. So i dug out some new terminals and a bit of beefy wire (unsure on what amperage the fucker draws, so played it safe) anywho they didnt want to crimp on so they got soldered on aswell then wedged over the end.. I am 100% sure they are not coming off.
[Image: 20121228_161825.jpg]
Then hoocked it up to the charger again and bam working.
[Image: 20121228_163058.jpg]
Going to just go try it in the car now temporarily then solder it in tomorrow Smile

Doesnt work.

So fan speed was on 1, i touched the motor ground on a bolt in the cabin and the thing burst into life and jumped out my hand haha so i think i have a ground issue :/ Anyone help? Not sure where to go from here. Sorry for the hijack.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Maybe just earth it to the nearst bolt on the floor??

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,267 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Heater control doesnt seem to be working davey 6 2,381 13-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Chris HDI
  Changing ECU to bypass immobiliser? TurboJeppe 1 1,270 08-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Last Post: TurboJeppe