Latest on the China Cabby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on the China Cabby
Dum-Dum Wrote:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Guessing yours is the xsi then?
Yep, 1.8s are for girls and men who like men

Right! Thats it, im now going to make it my lifes work for my 1.8 to thrash your 2.0!!

Oh and i like the girls.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Didn't realise how awesome that induction kit sounds until you pulled away to leave t'other night, got a really nice roar to it! Good result from the dyno too, not bad for budget mods only. See you still haven't cleaned it though Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:In regards to LPG, you going to be usuing a performance tank or just a general LPG tank? Or is there no difference because I know bugger all about LPG and don't plan too. Lol

I didnt know you could get performance LPG tanks, I was gonna use a standard kit as neither the XSi or the V6 are particularly performance engines making only around 70bhp a liter each.

Jonny b Wrote:Looks sweetas bud!! How much was the hose kit
I just bought bits of hose in the right diameters off ebay, its anywhere between £1 and £5 a meter.

Fozzy Wrote:At the garage i went to Yesterday to fit tyres, they had a ph1 hatchback with the v6 conversion, there wasn't much room around the bay, but it looked and sounded amazing. Hurry up and sort it out chris.
I need to save up for it really mate as theres alot that needs bought before i can chuck the engine in and i want the car perfect before i do it. I will be sorting a top engine mount and a gear box solution for it too first.
Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Didn't realise how awesome that induction kit sounds until you pulled away to leave t'other night, got a really nice roar to it! Good result from the dyno too, not bad for budget mods only. See you still haven't cleaned it though Tongue
Cheers mate, really wish someone had a video of my induction kit at full suck in 2nd as the noise is immense (especially with the roof off)

spawn Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Yep, 1.8s are for girls and men who like men

Right! Thats it, im now going to make it my lifes work for my 1.8 to thrash your 2.0!!

Oh and i like the men.

However much work you do to your girly engine i still have a nitrous kit sitting in the garage, "thrashing" isnt gonna happen.

Also Ill have a V6 in it one day and then youll really struggle.
Thanks given by:
You need to change your 'Car/model spec' bit Chris Tongue
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:You need to change your 'Car/model spec' bit Chris Tongue

Yeah I will.

got a 406 knob today along with a couple of pairs of side repeaters and some trim bits for £10 today so im happy and my coilovers have turned up too.
Thanks given by:
What brand coilovers you gone for dude?
Thanks given by:
spawn Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Yep, 1.8s are for girls and men who like men

Oh and i like the men.

However much work you do to your girly engine i still have a nitrous kit sitting in the garage, "thrashing" isnt gonna happen.

Also Ill have a V6 in it one day and then youll really struggle.[/quote]

I also have various nos bits.

AND a v6 engine is cheating!
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pffft you call that torque? lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Pffft you call that torque? lol
Haha awesome

But yeah looking good chris! :-) liking the sp wheels!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:What brand coilovers you gone for dude?

The cheapest off ebay. All the cheap ones are made in the same factory and just re branded so theres no difference bar the price. After a bit of haggling i got them for £149 delivered.
Thanks given by:
ive got crystals as well as silver dash mate Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The only problem with the cheap ones (I have some) is the springs! The shocks are fine, but the springs are a bit soft.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:The only problem with the cheap ones (I have some) is the springs! The shocks are fine, but the springs are a bit soft.

I had cheap ones on an old SLDT which is a heavier car than yours and found them fine. If not new springs are actually pretty cheap
Thanks given by:
Looking good! Did it come with the manifold fitted already?

You seem to be working fast! Just needs a good wash now by the looks of it Wink
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Ye you can get 300lb springs for £31.98 I think ive found. So I will be purchasing some of them and whipping my helpers and old springs off!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
INXS Wrote:Looking good! Did it come with the manifold fitted already?

You seem to be working fast! Just needs a good wash now by the looks of it Wink

Nope i already had one waiting to go on.

I do work fast but its too cold for washing cars, maybe after shes lowered.
Thanks given by:
Thats what the immigrants are for! lol
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:Thats what the immigrants are for! lol

This^^ So much! lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris I must say, your cab did sound good when you floored it away from ace yesterday!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Chris I must say, your cab did sound good when you floored it away from ace yesterday!

Cheers mate, proud of that induction kit, love being told how good it sounds.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:Chris I must say, your cab did sound good when you floored it away from ace yesterday!

Cheers mate, proud of that induction kit, love being told how good it sounds.

Sounds better than my k&n and that was about 65 quid more than yours. Wanna swap? Lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I 'think' Its down to filter location. The inlet to my enclosed one is only about 6 inches above the road so i 'think' the induction noise echoes back off the road making it sound even more epic. Like being on a constant tunnel run
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I 'think' Its down to filter location. The inlet to my enclosed one is only about 6 inches above the road so i 'think' the induction noise echoes back off the road making it sound even more epic. Like being on a constant tunnel run

Actually you could be right there. When I had mine down where yours is, it was loud but i just put this down to it being new and clean. Has gotten quieter since I've had it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I dont want to have to put a cold air feed on it but i will need one when it rains especially when its lowered, been avoiding driving through the local fords recently too cos of how low it is.
Thanks given by:
The bottom of mine got wet when it had been raining. Not even from driving through puddles. Could always get a undertray but then you might as well move it to where mine is.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Wont go where yours is cos of the ICV piping and that (and now the catch tank)
It cant get any higher as its butted up against the underside of the cable bracket on the gear box.

Best i could do would be to swap the 90* for a 180* and have it sitting horizontally behind the rad rather than vertically. hopefully ill get it sealed and get the cold air feed nice and high. Its a shame really cos the inlet manifold is cold even after a blat ATM so its in a good place
Thanks given by:
How about getting a gti top rad hose and having it fixed straight onto the throttle body. I'm going to do that eventually as I do get a bit of heat soak where it is at the moment. Adding a budged up cold air feed has helped slightly but it wants to be colder.

Still when my turbo goes on, will have a nice intercooler to keep air cool Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
cos iirc the TB points down and back slightly so again there wouldnt be space for it cos it would hit the battery. remember i have my ICV connected properly with a t-peice.

If i could get a t-peice with a 45* bend in it it could be good
Thanks given by:
True. Well if you had a separate filter on the ICV, i have seen them fitted this way with a small reducer hose.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my latest 306 project :D Teddy 9 2,279 04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Teddy
  My Latest motor Smiley69 34 7,194 22-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: puglove