Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD
MOT it & I'll give you free hundred next week bruv. I'm in Cheddar next friday.
Thanks given by:
If I MOT it I want £500+.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Buy me.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
If you want to sell the car complete, put a fresh MOT on it.

The lack of an MOT will unquestionably be putting people off.

Even an MOT failure sheet so that people know exactly what's needed would help, assuming that there's nothing catastrophic that it fails on of course.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
True true. Suppose for the sake of £50 and 4-6 hours of my time it should warrant the extra money in the asking price..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Soooooo... Me and Mark tackled this yesterday evening. Changed the Bosch over for a known working one and it still wouldn't run for more then 30 seconds.

[Image: ccf83a66d95deee95fb84d803ff7902b.jpg]

We decided to have a quick look at the filter in the tank. F*ck me, she was spunked right up the dirty mare.

[Image: 898aaac0007175d154ebf238e4e0db8f.jpg]

[Image: 72ecdbf4aa0e98c143c8dd22dd1a21c5.jpg]

A few litres of brake fluid later she runs perfectly!

[Image: 4ead070eec6c0ac68e4f35f6717811d3.jpg]

Have a strange metallic noise coming from the cam pulley area, doesn't seem to effect running though.

Now the tank needs pulling and cleaning ideally at some point.

Can anyone advise on how to drop / remove the fuel tank?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Unplug the level sender, (you've already disconnected the hoses by the looks of it.

There's 2x 13mm nuts, the studs will probably snap. They will be rusted to hell.

Undo the plastic joiner from the filter neck on to the tank, drop the trap slightly and there's a breather that needs disconnecting.

Remove tank and then wish you never did it because of all the rust the tank was hiding
Thanks given by:
Make sure that the tank is as close to empty as possible (fuel light on solid as a minimum) as you need to tilt it backwards to remove it and you will spill fuel everywhere unless it's nearly empty - not to mention that it's heavy and even more unwieldy when there's a fair amount of fuel in it.

Paul's otherwise covered it fairly well - there's two breathers on the top of the tank (or at least, there is on injection tanks) and also you'll need to remove or lower the exhaust and handbrake cables.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a ball ache, can't I just drill a hole in it and weld it up after...

Edit: Bet it's made of plastic...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I got a 12v electric pump, we'll just syphon out what we can out of the pickup opening.

May I suggest some deep 6 sided 3/8" sockets and a gallon of Plus Gas to be added to your Xmas list.
Thanks given by: silverzx
Plastic
Thanks given by:
Good to see your back cracking on with this. Ill have to see about checking the tank pick up in my 205
Thanks given by: