Post Heater Matrix Change Annoyances

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Heater Matrix Change Annoyances
Something told me that after my heater matrix change things wouldn't be the same, well they aren't but I can live with it. However, if anyone can help me please do.

1. This cable-what is it for and where does it go? Looks like a coaxial so perhaps it's for the arial?
[Image: P1010030-1.jpg]

2. The vents seem to be at an angle and I am having trouble putting the cover back on because it keeps pushing the vents back but I know they are supposed to go on because they have clips on the top!
[Image: P1010028-2.jpg]

3. The drivers side vent has no output due to the lack of air ducting which is obviously what the below pipes are for. I look up underneath the steering wheel and can only see the place for the concertina one but not the rigid one.
[Image: P1010031-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Rigid one will twist in and go right round to the centre of the dash behind the heater controls, one end should have a metal tab thing on it, thats the end nearest to the clutch. Consertina one attaches to that and RH vent.

Centers, pull them out completely and check for damage on them and what they're going into, attach frontage while they're out. There was no need to remove these for a matrix change.

First pic is radio ariel
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
I don't know how those pipes got removed! I don't remember removing them! Thanks for the help anyway!
Thanks given by:
Well, I can't find how to fit those pipes back in so I am going to chuck them. Thanks anyway.
Thanks given by:
Noooo, they fit! As said, you have to twist the kinky one in, its a mission but it will go in!
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Okay bud but I am at a loss as to where it actually fits into. I've had a look up there with a torch and can't see a heater outlet.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix flush Ben_w 3 1,535 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  heater matrix swap jayspug86 32 7,894 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jayspug86
  Heater matrix DeeTurbo 10 2,355 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Last Post: londondan86