sleepy or no sleepy

Poll: Sleeper or GT looker
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sleeper and surprise
52.00%
13 52.00%
GT looking the part
48.00%
12 48.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sleepy or no sleepy
how many people assume that sleeper means shabby?!

as per original post sleeper would be mint condition or as close as I can get it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2013, 04:40 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: how many people assume that sleeper means shabby?!

as per original post sleeper would be mint condition or as close as I can get it.

Yeah i know i read that! Was just givin you my opinion in some types of sleeper. And how a tidy well spec'd style sleeper is FTW

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
IMO sleeper is standard looking with something special under the bonnet capable of smashing
Much more expensive assumingly quicker cars I.e a standard looking corsa running a c20let and smashing a porsche etc ??
Thanks given by:
exactly?! skirts and gti bumpers and spoiler dont say sleeper to me?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't get me wrong any cad can potentially be a sleeper or e.g a standard looking gti6 but turbo charged or supercharged ?? For e.g my mate has a mk2 golf looks completely standard but has a near 400bhp 20v turbo it's a monster button the everyday person standard 8v :-)
Thanks given by:
cool...apart from being a VW....too easy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Skirts and phase 3 front end purely say phase 3, there's no such thing as GTi specific trim.

Sleeper to me would be like Dum's sedan. Whatever bumpers you want, with steel wheels/hubcaps. Get some steelies that are 7J wide and stick some hubcaps on.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
going with basic 15" steels...as got near brand new set of good 195/50/15 tyres.

like the ph1 look so not going for ph3 front end.

not slamming either...want it to be a usable handler...too low sucks for handling
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2013, 10:41 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Skirts and phase 3 front end purely say phase 3, there's no such thing as GTi specific trim.

Sleeper to me would be like Dum's sedan. Whatever bumpers you want, with steel wheels/hubcaps. Get some steelies that are 7J wide and stick some hubcaps on.

Technicaly there is in ph2 as a ph2 gti spec differs from the ph3 (externaly) Tongue

And in ph1 even more so. Dosnt piggy have a ph1?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I do and you are right in a way...the ph1 had different trim buts as a gti to the other less sporty models
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2013, 01:07 PM)puglove Wrote: I dont rate shabby sleepers personaly.

those are the best, add thats more spice to the unspecting!
OP you cannot beat a car thats been down graded in looks but has twice or even more the power it should have.
my spec is practically 1.1c, just the basic fan heater setup, with a rev counter and fag lighter, no radio, no electric toys or pas,
so theres practically f*ck all to go wrong with the car electric wise. kept it nice and simple.
Thanks given by:
nah I love my front and rear electric windows, that surprises people too!!!

as will my hidden new stereo system with 900watt sub!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
nail in coffin to the gti look...

alloyies from a C5...

so be sleeper...will.tidy up the bumpers and bodywork as best I can and keep it looking standard...

but do I leave the wheels looking like bare steels or add wheel trims?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2013, 10:42 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: nah I love my front and rear electric windows, that surprises people too!!!

Sleeper yet putting in a big sound system?
/pointless
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 09:29 AM)Matt Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 10:42 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: nah I love my front and rear electric windows, that surprises people too!!!

Sleeper yet putting in a big sound system?
/pointless

er no?! Dodgy

putting in a big engine too...does that make it less sleeper!?!? Huh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: