sleepy or no sleepy

Poll: Sleeper or GT looker
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sleeper and surprise
52.00%
13 52.00%
GT looking the part
48.00%
12 48.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sleepy or no sleepy
I ran this poll on another 306 forum and got a straight 50/50 down the middle split ...

which didnt help my decision making.

I have with previous cars done both sleeper look and outright racer look.

I am undecided whether to tidy the 306 up to look like a mint original XtDt but with 15" steels and pug trims to fit the brakes behind

or buy gti bumpers/skirts/spoiler etc and make it look more of a sporty number...

thoughts and votes please...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What's condition of the pug?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
fair...why!?!?!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
still 50/50 here!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Why should anyone else's opinion matter? It's your car do with it what you want and if someone doesn't like it then that's their tough sh1t!
Don't follow trends, set them, be individual, be creative but most of all be you, be true and see it through!!!
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 02:30 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Why should anyone else's opinion matter? It's your car do with it what you want and if someone doesn't like it then that's their tough sh1t!
Don't follow trends, set them, be individual, be creative but most of all be you, be true and see it through!!!

This ^^^^^^

I voted tho Smile

Thanks given by:
Yeah I say do what you want to do really, at the end of the day you'll be driving it Smile I like the subtle look really
Thanks given by:
Do what you thinks best pal. Everyone has their own idea on how a car should look, its the little details for me that matters

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Thanks ya'll.......Im quite stubborn so will likely go with what I had in mind to begin with but always open to others views.

PIGGY Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Heading for a sleeper though IF based on forum opinion...be interesting to hear why from some of you... Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
sleeper, because it gets less attention, surprises people when you want to.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 10:20 PM)samass Wrote: sleeper, because it gets less attention, surprises people when you want to.

faggot speaks sense
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
yes he does.... for once Smile
Thanks given by:
Interesting....had more sleepers in past and always enjoyed imagining the shocked faces as mr right foot met mr power pedal!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
tbh the gti bumpers are just standard 306 bumpers so its not going to look particularly racer even if you make it look nice! Id say mod it to the same extent that you see cars on here which is pretty much OEM+ style
Thanks given by:
every says make it look nice yet the votes disagree!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The 5 door 306 does look pretty epic with '6 skirts and color coded door trims. just saying haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
IMO theres no point making a car look crap.

Keep it subtle on top - a car that you wouldn't be embarrased to turn up to a funeral in. OEM alloys, bit of a drop, GTi bits, keep it clean. Then make it a beast under the bonnet. Wink Funny enough thats what I did with a certain previous car that I had... lol
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 04:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: IMO theres no point making a car look crap.

Keep it subtle on top - a car that you wouldn't be embarrased to turn up to a funeral in. OEM alloys, bit of a drop, GTi bits, keep it clean. Then make it a beast under the bonnet. Wink Funny enough thats what I did with a certain previous car that I had... lol

Coming from the man that has no friends lol

Go balls out, f*ck the system.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 04:31 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(09-12-2012, 04:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: IMO theres no point making a car look crap.

Coming from the man that has no friends lol

Go balls out, f*ck the system.

Don't need friends when you have coal and boost! Tongue

But seriously, if its a road car then track stuff, mental colours, stupid lows etc looks awesome when you're at a cruise or a meet. But I'd just feel so conscious of it out in normal places, taking it to work or taking your Mum/Nan out in it....

But thats just my opinion, we're all different. I like to hide at the back of a crowd, where people like yourself want to be right out front showing what you've got. Smile
Thanks given by:
Would hardly say i'm wanting to be "right out front" Tom, it was nominated to be at the front of the FCS stand by other people. All i've done is build a car how I want it and if it's not to the taste of my Nan that's her problem, not mine. If you take a look back you'll realise I was asked to be at the front of FCS, and I was also told by the guys at PFC that I should enter it at Knockhill. I've never actively sought attention from anyone.

I can still take it into town with the missus and wee man for a spot of shopping, and I went to a christening in it last month. I'm not ashamed of it and noone else should be ashamed of their own car either if they've built their ideal car.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't intending to wind you up....maybe it came across wrong.

Just from looking at your car you clearly want to show it off, why would you do it otherwise? Whereas I can hide mine anywhere and no-one would notice it. We each have a car that suits us.
Thanks given by:
No you haven't wound me up, but you have massively misunderstood my take on modifying a car.

How do I want to show it off? I want to build a car that I am happy with, not you or anyone else. The fact it's different from the norm hardly makes me an attention seeker like you've now implied twice.

We each have cars that suit us how? I'm not particularly outlandish myself. I have a car that i'm happy with yes, but i'm afraid you don't know me well enough to say it suits me. So much could be read into that and I don't consider it a valid argument. All i've said is i've a car that i'm happy to tinker with.

If i was after attention you'd see me down McDonalds every night. Instead I go about with a close group of friends, occasionally get the odd picture, and modify the car in a way I find appealing.

I certainly don't modify the car for attention though. I don't go through weeks and months of bloody knuckles and heartache to impress people on the street. I do it because that's what it takes to get the car how I want it.
Thanks given by:
I haven't implied anything, just can't seem to get my point across properly, we all know tact isn't my strong point! I'll leave it there before offending you anymore.
Thanks given by:
woh woh woh ladies!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ok.

so will be trying to make it look standard, 15'' steels though with speedline lookalike wheel trims to still make it look smart.

Bodywork will be tidied up in spring/summer after the engine build...just incase I drop it on the wing or summit stupid. when the weather is nice I am a right stickler for clean polished bodywork so it will shine.

beige interior probably staying...way too comfy to chuck. so apart from different stereo and vent inset pod for boost gauge, be almost standard inside too.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sleeper is winning ATM.......
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Ive done sleeper before and always liked it....dont change what works for me I guess.

Quite like the idea of a grandad wagon kicking ass
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sleeper.

It's brilliant, I drive a Clio 197 which is just in your face and lairy, and get idiots in saxos and corsas trying to have a go!

Theres an old volvo on the same industrial unit I work in and thats ridiculously quick!
Thanks given by:
I dont rate shabby sleepers personaly.

If you put a gti kit on it and made it just look like a smart/looked after OEM 306 derv people still wont be expecting the punch that it will give from the 2.1 so it will still have the sleeper effect with out looking like a pov spec shower O shit

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: